This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello; My Name is Sollomyn

Thanks for having me aboard; I just finished reading the Forum Rules and FAQ thread in addition to the Sexual Commentary & Below the Belt Humor thread. Much nicer set-up here than I've seen on other Pagan forums; I was at a Traditional Witchcraft forum for a while, but they seemed too aggressive and hostile for my tastes, so I left. I was also at Everything Under the Moon; unfortunately though, I felt they weren't balanced enough for me; they seemed to be all about light and love, while ignoring anything to do with darkness and shadow, (one of my threads was deleted because I was inquiring about deicide; the killing of a deity in the event one becomes a threat to humanity.) In my opinion, it's dangerous to not acknowledge both aspects; positive and negative, because being polarized one way or the other could quite possibly lead to one's destruction; if one is too positive, they won't be prepared for the negative; if one is too negative, they'll only ever attract negativity to themselves. I personally like being somwhere closer to the middle, but ever-so-slightly moreso on the side of positivity; ever watchful and cautious of negative forces around me. (I don't instantly trust any spirits or entities I come into contact with for example, and I'm largely unwilling to ever do any kind of summoning rituals and such, because I can't know for sure what it is exactly that I'm actually contacting; one could think they're speaking to an ancestor for example, whom is in reality a malevolent entity disguising itself to deceive you; or perhaps a playful sprite whose antics may be perfectly innocent to them, but disturbing or even destructive to others. Some entities just think it's right good fun to mess with humans; they think it's hilarious haha. For those reasons, I'm very leary and cautious of any interactions with beings and entities not of this realm.

One entity is specifically responsible for me embarking on this path of nature-based spirituality, and I'm sure many here have probably met him/it as well; an entity commonly known as the Hat Man; a shadow being wearing a wide brimmed hat and trench coat. He seemed to follow me around when I was a child; scared me quite a bit at times, but he/it was never outright hostile or aggressive, except for only once. He was a couple dozen yards away next to the barn, then swiftly and quickly glided across the yard to me to stare me down face to face; almost nose to nose; I still remember staring into the dark nothingness of his form. Scared the life out of me. Other times I could sense him/it standing over me at night as I lay in bed; as if I could feel him breathing down my neck. I still have trouble sleeping at night haha. Most of the time though, he simply seemed to be observing me; as if he were waiting for something; other times, curiously enough...I felt like perhaps he was a guardian; that he wanted to keep me safe. It was a very confusing, conflicting experience for me as a little kid. Years later, I was shocked to have found out that hundreds, probably even thousands of other people have experienced the exact same thing.

...And that's how I got into Wicca, which was where I learned more about paganism in general, and have grown a deep affinity for. Thank you once again for having me, and happy to be aboard. :=):

--Sollomyn
    Last edited by Sollomyn; 09 Mar 2019, 02:03.

Re: Hello; My Name is Sollomyn

Welcome to PF, Sollomyn. I have experienced this phenomenon that you call Hat Man many times in my life. More when I was a child but even as an adult, once in a while I'll feel the presence. I never knew it was called Hat Man, though because mine never seemed to wear a hat. Everything else that the quick Wiki search turned out sounds about the same. I will need to delve into this more later.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Fascinating; I've heard of very similar entities to what I saw; commonly called Shadow People. I'm uncertain if they're related to the Hat Man or not; if it's like a species or what.

I've only ever seen the Hat Man once as an adult when I was about eighteen; I was watching television late at night/early morning, and was about to go to bed. I turned the TV off and saw the Hat Man in the reflection of the TV, standing right behind the couch. I froze in terror for a moment, but saw this as an opportunity to get some answers, so I shot up and spun around to look at him, but he'd vanished...I don't think he likes being seen; I suspect that's why he became hostile that time we were outside staring across the yard at each other. Sometimes I think I might feel his presence, but I usually just shake it off and tell myself I'm just being paranoid haha. Ah; that's another common feature of all my encounters with the Hat Man; never once has he ever spoken a single word; ever the tall, dark and silent type haha.

Interestingly enough, it seems a fair portion of meth users also see Shadow People on occasion; I tried it once in my teen years in hopes of making contact, but nothing happened; I just felt relaxed and went to sleep. (Drugs tend to work oppositely on me haha; doctor says it's because I have AD/HD.)
      Last edited by Sollomyn; 09 Mar 2019, 02:45.

Comment

Hmm. Well, I've never done meth so I can't attribute my experiences to that.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        Sneak Attack

Comment

Same here. (I mean in regards to being able to attribute any of my experiences to meth haha).

I've tried magic mushrooms too; a thousands-of-years-old tradition according to cave paintings depicting tribes using psychedelic mushrooms during rituals and ceremonies in prehistoric times haha; there's an article on it that I'd like to link to, but I'll have to wait until my post count is higher, (no pun intended haha); it's at Ancient-Origins dot net.
          Last edited by Sollomyn; 09 Mar 2019, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
            Same here. (I mean in regards to being able to attribute any of my experiences to meth haha).

I've tried magic mushrooms too; a thousands-of-years-old tradition according to cave paintings depicting tribes using psychedelic mushrooms during rituals and ceremonies in prehistoric times haha; there's an article on it that I'd like to link to, but I'll have to wait until my post count is higher, (no pun intended haha); it's at Ancient-Origins dot net.
            I figured I'd post the link to that article, now that I have the ability to: https://www.ancient-origins.net/hist...ushroom-007474.
            Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 08:12.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                Welcome to the forum!
                Thank you very much, Anubisa!

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  Welcome to PF, Sollomyn. I have experienced this phenomenon that you call Hat Man many times in my life. More when I was a child but even as an adult, once in a while I'll feel the presence. I never knew it was called Hat Man, though because mine never seemed to wear a hat. Everything else that the quick Wiki search turned out sounds about the same. I will need to delve into this more later.
                  Feel free to delete my account; this forum isn't for me. I'm sick of all the arguing and tired of having to walk around on egg-shells; too exhausting.

Comment

Feel free to delete my account; this forum isn't for me. I'm sick of all the arguing and tired of having to walk around on egg-shells; too exhausting.
                    I'm sorry your leaving. Do you have a facebook account or any other place you frequent? Maybe a blog?
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

In general I haven't experienced a lot of arguing here. People on this forum are actually very open minded and understanding. But if you're going throw your radical opinion about something in a thread, you can't expect people to stay calm... Try a more positive and empathetic approach next time, wherever you're going next.

Comment

I'm locking this thread since the OP has decided to step away. If you are serious about having the account deleted, please submit an official request by using the "contact us" form. A link to that can be found in the bottom navigation bar to the right of the theme picker drop down menu.
                        Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                        X