Witch Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witch Names

Witch Names, Craft Names, Heartnames; I've heard all of these terms used.

Do you use such a magickal name, and if so, do you have any specific beliefs or practices in regards to your chosen name?

For me, Sollomyn is such a name; I wanted to choose one that fit my Birth Number precisely.

To find your Birth Number, you simply add up all of the digits of your birthday; I'll use mine as an example, January 19th, 1995, (born some time during 8:00 PM - 8:40 PM, but that's not important to this method): 1 + 1 + 9 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 5 = 35. Then, you take the sum and add the two digits together: 3 + 5 = 8. So EIGHT would be my Birth Number, and my destiny would follow the 35/8 Life Path. I learned about this in Dan Millman's book entitled "The Life You Were Born to Live". I learned about this next part in Raymond Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft; a chart to determine the numerological value of each letter in the English alphabet:

-------------------
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    a b c d e f g h i
    j k l m n o p q r
    s t u v w x y z
    -------------------
    S = 1
    O = 6
    L = 3
    L = 3
    O = 6
    M = 4
    Y = 7
    + N = 5

35/8

I chose the name Sollomyn also because the Biblical Solomon was a wise magician, and I am considered to be wise beyond my years by many, and the art of theatrical legerdemain is a hobby I have a deep affinity for; there's nothing quite like making people smile by providing a momentary bubble of pure and utter disbelief and amazement within their hearts; makes me feel good.

--Sollomyn (Which also has eight letters haha.)
    Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 08:52.

Re: Witch Names

No witch name here.

Neat theory, though.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      No witch name here.

Neat theory, though.
      Thanks; I've always been fascinated by numbers and dates for almost as long as I can remember, but I can remember being less than a year old before I had any concept of numbers or mathematics; a lot of significant life events have also seemed to happen to me unusually frequently on the 19th of any given month; I've since developed a habit of planning significant decisions around those days as a result haha. I have a pretty deep affinity for the stars too, and the possibilities of different energies being manipulated by celestial bodies moving throughout the cosmos; we at least know that the moon has an observable impact on Humanity's moods and behaviors in a cyclic rhythm; perhaps there are even subtler forces at work? It's fun to ponder and explore.

...Can I try something with you?

--Sollomyn
      Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
        Thanks; I've always been fascinated by numbers and dates for almost as long as I can remember, but I can remember being less than a year old before I had any concept of numbers or mathematics; a lot of significant life events have also seemed to happen to me unusually frequently on the 19th of any given month; I've since developed a habit of planning significant decisions around those days as a result haha. I have a pretty deep affinity for the stars too, and the possibilities of different energies being manipulated by celestial bodies moving throughout the cosmos; we at least know that the moon has an observable impact on Humanity's moods and behaviors in a cyclic rhythm; perhaps there are even subtler forces at work? It's fun to ponder and explore.

...Can I try something with you?

--Sollomyn
        Humans don't have the capacity for long term memory at one year old.

And no, you can't.

Mostly art.

Comment

Humans don't have the capacity for long term memory at one year old.
          Actually, new research from eight years ago may suggest that the idea very young children don't form memories isn't as correct as previously thought, finding that they actually do, but that those memories often tend to fade over time. Adults generally remember little before the age of about three or so; it has been commonly thought kids before this age weren't capable of forming memories. You can learn more about early childhood mnemonics at the following link if you're so inclined: https://www.webmd.com/parenting/news...rst-memories#1. Considering that, and considering all of the intricate complexities of the Human brain, factoring in genetics and unique neurological conditions, it's not too far of a stretch at all to presume that a portion of the populace actually do have the ability to remember being a baby. Pretty incredible if you ask me; nothing is impossible.

And no, you can't.
          Very well.

--Sollymn
          Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 12:07.

Comment

I actually have some memories from an extremely early age. In my teen years I said something to my parents about the cat we had when I was little being a kitten and sleeping near my crib. I can "see" the room. I remember sitting up in my crib dangling my legs out through the bars. I remember my great grandmother coming to visit, and where she sat at the table, and where my high chair was. I was less than 2 when she came. Those few very early memories are like still photos, and at around age 3 they start to become movies (more complete).
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              I actually have some memories from an extremely early age. In my teen years I said something to my parents about the cat we had when I was little being a kitten and sleeping near my crib. I can "see" the room. I remember sitting up in my crib dangling my legs out through the bars. I remember my great grandmother coming to visit, and where she sat at the table, and where my high chair was. I was less than 2 when she came. Those few very early memories are like still photos, and at around age 3 they start to become movies (more complete).
              Fascinating! Same here; thanks for sharing.

That's similar to how I found out how far back a particular memory of mine went; I was telling my mom about that little black trampoline we had with the brown vinyl edging around it in a log home, before we moved into a trailer court, and before we moved into the forest. She told me something along the lines of I couldn't possibly remember that; we moved out of that house the day after my very first birthday, when it burned to the ground as the result of a generator malfunction in the basement which caused exhaust or steam to blast onto the wall, heating it up exponentially, and eventually igniting it.

Curiously enough, I don't really remember any of that; I probably blocked it out. The story goes my mother grabbed my sister and I, while my father went to fight the fire. Mom got us in our old green truck and backed us up away from the house shortly before dad came running out to us; it was no use trying to fight the fire at that point. It was night, wintery, cold, and dark aside from the orange glow emanating from the house. Mom ran back inside to call the volunteer fire department, while dad stayed with my sister and I. Mom called the VFD on the phone mounted onto the wall; the "vintage" kind with a spiral cord and rotary dial haha. She had to hang up halfway through though, because during the call, she heard a voice in her head tell her that she had to "Get out of the house, right NOW." ...She told the firefighter on the phone that she didn't have any more time, and it was no longer safe to be in the house, then hung up and bolted outside. Just as she got clear of the house, a massive explosion completely wiped out the area of the kitchen she had just been standing in seconds before. The way she told the story sent some major chills down my spine. :XD laugh:

--Sollomyn
              Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 13:27.

Comment

I've never particularly been into numerology. I have had an interest in a witches name or whatever you want to call it. I do have one. It's not my screen name. I don't really use it. It just kinda exists.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  I've never particularly been into numerology. I have had an interest in a witches name or whatever you want to call it. I do have one. It's not my screen name. I don't really use it. It just kinda exists.
                  Nice.

I'm not actually particularly into numerology myself, but I do have a pretty wild curiosity about it haha.
                  Last edited by Sollomyn; 10 Mar 2019, 20:54.

Comment

I've never been into numerology. I choose my name based on my personal god Anubis. So my magickal name is Anubisa. It came from the fact that strong connection that I have with him.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      I've never been into numerology. I choose my name based on my personal god Anubis. So my magickal name is Anubisa. It came from the fact that strong connection that I have with him.
                      Cool; Egyptian mythology rocks haha.

Comment

Thank you for posting this! This really helped me figure out my witch name and other magick names. My Birth Number is 8 also! My username adds up to 8, and Rosabelle has actually been one of my magick names. I like this numerical method of finding a witch name!

Comment

I don't really pay attention to numerology. Numbers are fun, but like, my brain can't fit all that in there. My 'pagan name' is Heka. It's also my screen name, and i use it in other places. It's a hang over form my teenage wicca days, but it still fits for me, and I have the heiroglyph tattood on me, so I guess it'll have to stay.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                            I don't really pay attention to numerology. Numbers are fun, but like, my brain can't fit all that in there. My 'pagan name' is Heka. It's also my screen name, and i use it in other places. It's a hang over form my teenage wicca days, but it still fits for me, and I have the heiroglyph tattood on me, so I guess it'll have to stay.
                            I'm sort of the same as you Heka. I just went with what felt right. I worship Anubis as my main god and so I decided to call myself Anubisa. I also am called sat-anubis on one other forum which means daughter of Anubis. However, I just go by Anubisa as the main Witch name.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              I'm sort of the same as you Heka. I just went with what felt right. I worship Anubis as my main god and so I decided to call myself Anubisa. I also am called sat-anubis on one other forum which means daughter of Anubis. However, I just go by Anubisa as the main Witch name.
                              I had an obsession with Egypt as a kid, and still have Anubis and Bast on my altar. I can't remember where I first came across the concept of Heka, but it stuck with me, and I remember seeing it everywhere after that! On my first ever pagan-eqsue forum I used Heka, and it just stuck because it's allowed me to move between forums and maintain my identity, plus it's a really easy avatar when I'm not ready to show my face!
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment