Gatorade addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatorade addiction

I really hope you all don't think I am being cute or anything, because I am not. I am really getting addicted to gatorade and I just cannot seem to break it. I used to love soda and I can't remember how I cut that out. I think I used powdered drink mixes to stop my addiction and sparkling water. Are there any suggestions that you can give me? Thanks.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Gatorade addiction

I use to drink a lot of soda or carbonated beverages but overtime it takes a toll on your stomach along with all the sugar that causes weight gain. Overtime I've switched to juice and ice coffee which isn't as terrible for you.

If you're worried about your health I always suggest people to drink more water as there is no substitutes for that.
    "When Zeus was setting all things in order there fell from him drops of sacred blood, and from them, as they say, arose the race of men."- Flavius Claudius Iulianus Augustus

Comment

Juice and ice coffee are terrible for you. There is so much sugar in them.

Idk what to do about the Gatorade Anubisa. I'm addicted to alcohol, so I'm not really much help haha. I did go cold turkey on coffee once with some success.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Thanks for thoughts everyone. I'll figure out something. Maybe I will try some of the powdered drink mixes then get back down to water again.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

What about tea? Like fruity tea?

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I have a Sodastream at home but I only use it to make carbonated water. I weaned myself off of sugary carbonated drinks years ago by substituting the Sodastream at home (we never really bought sodas for at home anyway) and getting Iced Tea (unsweetened, I hate sweet tea) when going out to eat. But that's just my success story.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              Juice and ice coffee are terrible for you. There is so much sugar in them.

Idk what to do about the Gatorade Anubisa. I'm addicted to alcohol, so I'm not really much help haha. I did go cold turkey on coffee once with some success.
              Yeah, my weaknesses are ice coffee, lemonade, and juices. Like anything else it is all about moderation. I try to drink more water than anything else though as there is no substitutes for that.

I drink very little alcohol and when I do I tend to favor wine over beer or hard liquors.

Smoking tobacco is probably the most unhealthy habit that I partake in.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
              Thanks for thoughts everyone. I'll figure out something. Maybe I will try some of the powdered drink mixes then get back down to water again.
              I use to drink a lot of soda or sugary drinks being younger but when you get older your metabolism slows down a lot where your stomach can't process it very well anymore. This happened for me in my late twenties. When you get around that age your body will force you to make all kinds of dietary changes and eventually you will start drinking more water if you don't want to make yourself become physically ill. That's what it was like for me anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

What about tea? Like fruity tea?
              Earl Grey, green tea, and chamomile.
              "When Zeus was setting all things in order there fell from him drops of sacred blood, and from them, as they say, arose the race of men."- Flavius Claudius Iulianus Augustus

Comment

It's not perfect, but you can sub the zero version that's sugar free, or g2. That's what I'm drinking a lot of now. Powdered Gatorade could allow you to reduce the amount of sugar per serving. Watering down what's in the bottles is another option.

I also drink coffee with sugar free syrup and cream. And when I buy iced coffee I just get cream in it, no sugar or syrup. I also get bottled water because our tap sucks.

I've been on a minimal sugar diet (25g/day) since February and have lost 20 lbs. Reducing the sugar I drink was one of the hardest parts.

Eta: my gf drinks herbal tea all the time and has a couple nice tea pots, so that's another option. You could buy one of the sample packs of hot tea so you can try multiple.
                Last edited by Shahaku; 03 Jun 2019, 18:33.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I usually get it at work. We have what is called a company kitchen and you can buy that and other sodas. I keep a water bottle with me to take. It's just that damned addiction. So I really need to find something to keep me from that wanting of Gatorade. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
                  Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    It's not perfect, but you can sub the zero version that's sugar free, or g2. That's what I'm drinking a lot of now. Powdered Gatorade could allow you to reduce the amount of sugar per serving. Watering down what's in the bottles is another option.

I also drink coffee with sugar free syrup and cream. And when I buy iced coffee I just get cream in it, no sugar or syrup. I also get bottled water because our tap sucks.

I've been on a minimal sugar diet (25g/day) since February and have lost 20 lbs. Reducing the sugar I drink was one of the hardest parts.

Eta: my gf drinks herbal tea all the time and has a couple nice tea pots, so that's another option. You could buy one of the sample packs of hot tea so you can try multiple.
                    I live in a rural area and I do the same with bottled water. You can't believe the number of times our local water treatment plant has become contaminated concerning tap water.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post

I have tried the zero version and didn't like it. I am going to start the powdered drinks so I can get back down to water again. I don't know how I got addicted, but I have to get back off. It only adds more calories to my diet. Thank you for your input Shahaku
                      Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                        I have tried the zero version and didn't like it. I am going to start the powdered drinks so I can get back down to water again. I don't know how I got addicted, but I have to get back off. It only adds more calories to my diet. Thank you for your input Shahaku
                        Most important thing I've learnt is, that you can learn to like anything, you just gotta have the persistence to stick with it. It's not the taste that's the problem usually, its persistence.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Most important thing I've learnt is, that you can learn to like anything, you just gotta have the persistence to stick with it. It's not the taste that's the problem usually, its persistence.
                          It can take up to 15-20 times of trying something to acquire enough of a taste as to not dislike it. I used to make the kids try foods 20 times before they could say they didn't like something and choose to not eat it. It works quite effectively, actually.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            It can take up to 15-20 times of trying something to acquire enough of a taste as to not dislike it. I used to make the kids try foods 20 times before they could say they didn't like something and choose to not eat it. It works quite effectively, actually.
                            I am starting to use powdered drink fruit punch mixes. It's better, but I'm hoping to get fully back to water, however, at least I'm not craving Gatorade right now.
                            Anubisa

Comment

You're not being cute at all. I mean anything can be an addiction. I just need to break free from the Gatorade. I know it's not easy but you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X