Gatorade addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gatorade addiction

Oh boy. I have kicked soda lots of times, and then it never sticks, partly because I am living with another soda addict. It is actually horrifying when I try to visualize how much of that crap I have ingested. I also get migraine with certain artificial sweetners, so diet soda just isn't the answer (not that it's a good thing anyway).

What has worked is switching to iced tea for the caffeine, and then sparkling water and then off. 1st week I can have 1 or 2 depending on the severity of withdrawal, but that is it. Works, but never more than 3 months. Again partly because my husband is sweet, but also addicted and brings it in, or gets me a Coke if I'm having a bad day.

Comment

I'm Diabetic and used to drink a 2 liter of Coke or Dr Pepper a day. Once I was diagnosed I quit. It took me a few weeks. But now I can't stand the taste of regular soda. Hurts my teeth. In fact Diet Root beer tastes exactly like the real thing! I know it's better to drink water (I do in a big gallon container at work I leave in the fridge). But my indulgence is a diet dr pepper from the 7-11 drinks fountain. I also brew homemade tea with stevia and put it in the big gallon jug for work. I tried to explain to my boss he won't like it. It's not sweet tea. But he's up for it. Sometimes I even put pieces of fruit in my water. Unfortunately I can't add those no calorie powder mixes to water. They all have Maltodextrin. And it's crap for diabetics. It's a high on the glycemic index and has to be counted with your carbs. Bummer.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm finally getting off of Gatorade. In fact I haven't drank any in weeks. I am substituting liquid flavors to add to my water. Now Gatorade isn't appealing anymore. I got a Gatorade the other day and it just wasn't great like it used to be.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          I'm finally getting off of Gatorade. In fact I haven't drank any in weeks. I am substituting liquid flavors to add to my water. Now Gatorade isn't appealing anymore. I got a Gatorade the other day and it just wasn't great like it used to be.
          That's great! It's how I got rid of lemonade. I used to drink it all the time, because I didn't like water. Then one day I counted the calories and it shocked me XD So that was enough for me to switch to water. It was hard at first, but now all I drink is water or tea. I don't miss sodas or lemonade at all.

Comment

Working...
          X