The Blair Witch Project (1999)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blair Witch Project (1999)

I'm going to throw an oldie and this is my review of The Blair Witch Project (1999)

Spoiler!

Re: The Blair Witch Project (1999)

I have hesitated to recommend this one to my kids as well, because I think it loses its punch from a modern viewer. It was treated as groundbreaking at the time because they used the found footage approach in a way that had not been used before, partly as a way to get around a very small budget by young independent filmmakers. It really paved the way for more recent found footage type films such as Paranormal The Franchise, etc. I wasn't especially in love with it at the time, but it was something of a game changer. I think it would suffer held in comparison to more recent higher budget films with a similar format, but maybe viewed from an historical perspective it holds up a little better.

Comment

I kept rooting for the witch...
      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
      Clan of my Clan
      Kin of my Kin
      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Ha. I recently watched a show with my husband where he kept saying "Nope, I'm still rooting for the cult". It cracked me up, even though in this instance the cult started out much more sympathetically than everyone else. They got worse though.

Comment

Working...
        X