Thread: Trying again...

Jun 2019
    Religion
    Eclectic Atheist Solitary Witch
    Phrase
    Fragility reminds you of how strong you truly are

Trying again...

Hi!

I am new here, but not new. I posted here as "aMuse" years ago, but stopped coming here when Chain died (RIP). I tried to use my old name, and it said I did not exist. I guess it is appropriate, as I have moved on a bit since then.

After decades of looking for answers, trying to understand, I finally realized that what I was looking for was quite simple, and quite complex: Myself. I realized that I am the result of everything and everyone and every place I have ever been, met, read... experienced. Constantly evolving. Absorbing and assimilating, letting the pieces that do not or no longer "stick" fall to the wayside, another bit of memory that remains. The simple part? Non-theistic, eclectic, solitary Witch.

I have learned so much more about myself in the process, enough to fill volumes I think. Hoping to discover more here, now that my world is a bit clearer

Snow*

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Re: Trying again...

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeFae View Post
    Hi!

I am new here, but not new. I posted here as "aMuse" years ago, but stopped coming here when Chain died (RIP). I tried to use my old name, and it said I did not exist. I guess it is appropriate, as I have moved on a bit since then.

After decades of looking for answers, trying to understand, I finally realized that what I was looking for was quite simple, and quite complex: Myself. I realized that I am the result of everything and everyone and every place I have ever been, met, read... experienced. Constantly evolving. Absorbing and assimilating, letting the pieces that do not or no longer "stick" fall to the wayside, another bit of memory that remains. The simple part? Non-theistic, eclectic, solitary Witch.

I have learned so much more about myself in the process, enough to fill volumes I think. Hoping to discover more here, now that my world is a bit clearer

Snow*

Welcome back!

Not sure what happened with your old user name though, that is odd...

With that being said, I love what you have found!

Glad to see you again!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

If the account had zero posts, it probably got caught during a username pruning session. (even if there were posts made in intros and some of the funny/games section, the account would show zero posts because those sections don't contribute toward overall post count. We've had problems in the past with spammers bolstering their posts this way so they can circumvent our link posting restrictions just so they can post their spam. Yes, it's stupid. Bad apples like to ruin good things for everyone else.)

Welcome back to PF.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

Welcome back!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Jun 2019
    Religion
    Phrase

Hi!
    Thanks!
    I was active back around 2007-2010, and then began several years of trying to figure things out. I think this newest version of the forum only goes back to Oct 2010, and I had stopped coming around by then, so that might be why "aMuse" no longer exists? Maybe I would have need to sign in at some point? I chatted via phone with RoknRol a bit, and Chain a bunch, and unsure if Juni remembers meeting me and my wife in person at a mall eatery. Was eons ago, a time when I was in a not so good place. So much has changed...

Snow*

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Hi!
    Thanks!
    I was active back around 2007-2010, and then began several years of trying to figure things out. I think this newest version of the forum only goes back to Oct 2010, and I had stopped coming around by then, so that might be why "aMuse" no longer exists? Maybe I would have need to sign in at some point? I chatted via phone with RoknRol a bit, and Chain a bunch, and unsure if Juni remembers meeting me and my wife in person at a mall eatery. Was eons ago, a time when I was in a not so good place. So much has changed...

Snow*
    The forum crashed rather horrendously in late 2010. The current forum (barring some posts salvaged from an epically corrupted database) effectively started in October of 2010. If you were last active before 10/2010 then your account died with the original boards.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Welcome back to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Jun 2019
    Religion
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    The forum crashed rather horrendously in late 2010. The current forum (barring some posts salvaged from an epically corrupted database) effectively started in October of 2010. If you were last active before 10/2010 then your account died with the original boards.
    Ooooh!!! Wow, yeah, that would explain it. Thanks for explaining!!!

Snow*

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Hi!
    Thanks!

Snow*
    I definitely do remember you! Sorry, I missed you mentioning your previous username in the first post) I'm very sorry your previous account was consumed by the eternal abyss.

It's been a very long time but it's damn good to see you here again.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Oooh! One of the old ones!

Welcome back. I don't remember you, but I joined in 09.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.