X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey yall

Re: Hey yall

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
    New user, old hat in the pagan community. I’ve participated in a handful of religious discussion boards over the last decade, figured I ought to find a place that made me smile more than made me grit my teeth.

Married, tons of kids, i work in alt ag and love to fish.
    Hey ya, Rhythm!

What kind of alt ag do you do?

If you're doing aquaponics, you can fish for your own talapia
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Aquaponics, actually. Started out working for the conservation council and made jump to the epa before I hooked up with a granted vertical farm. Now I’m looking for ways to deal with suspended solids in vertical systems at the commercial level. It’s a work in progress. I’ve killed a lot of tilapia in the process, and enough plant life to choke a diplo.

crackin eggs....crackin eggs.

Comment

LOL - sounds like interesting work!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome to pagan forum!

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome to PF!
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Welcome to PF!
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes. Still browsing, trying to avoid the urge to commit thread necromancy. Lots of good convos that have trailed off more than 90 days, lol.

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes. Still browsing, trying to avoid the urge to commit thread necromancy. Lots of good convos that have trailed off more than 90 days, lol.
                  Thread necromancy isn't explicitly banned as long as you have something to add to the conversation and it's not a topic that was time sensitive to begin with. I'm gonna look at you a little funny if you necro something that has been resolved already but a number of topics are mostly safe to necro. Staff will generally open threads that have been autolocked upon request if you have something to add to those. We won't reopen things that were axe-murdered due to general stupidity and misconduct but those are generally easy to ID via the angry mod/gmod/admin commentary at the end.

We mostly have a warning about it due to a lot of people not actually realizing that they've found a thread that died 4 months ago, the original participants all left and in one or two cases, the action that the OP wanted advice on has been taken already. Having a warning so someone actually looks at the date for half a second before deciding whether to post cuts down on that.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh, no worries, I’ve modded sites like these too.. I can see it from the other end. No topic is so dead that it never swings back round in another form, lol. These sorts of discussions are evergreen.

Comment

MO said it better already, but please feel free to necro threads to have relevant discussions. A lot of us have been here for a decade or more and know each other in person, or have already had the same x number of discussions with x dozens of people.

We love conversation, but most of us aren't quick to start new discussion anymore. Chat us up! People's perceptions and opinions change over time, and it's nice to bring up old threads sometimes to reevaluate.

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                        X