Rituals to cure sickness/illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rituals to cure sickness/illness

Just wondering, if you had the flu or something that wouldn't go away without antibiotics, or worse, what rituals can you perform to be healed?

Re: Rituals to cure sickness/illness

Rest, healthy diet, exercise, sufficient sleep and avoiding stressful situations are my rituals to get through the flu.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Thanks lol but has been going on for several months now (well years but got a lot worse recently), thinking more of healing crystals to bathe in or elixirs

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic_ View Post
        Thanks lol but has been going on for several months now (well years but got a lot worse recently), thinking more of healing crystals to bathe in or elixirs
        See a doctor. And another and another until you get a solution. Magic isn't a cure all for mundane problems.

However, the power of the mind in healing oneself is insane. I'd start by looking up some correspondence tables for colours/crystals etc (I have mine in a book) and work with what feels right for you. Words are power so word anything you say carefully and clearly. Set a time frame (one moon, one cycle, by Sagittarius season etc), get your house clean without chemicals, using essential oils helps, clean with intent, cleanse your house/space (smudging etc), make a bath salt mix with oils etc and Epsom Salts, light a candle for healing and soak.

Basically anything you can think of. I don't think anyone here is going to give you a ritual or spell, because we all work with what feels right to us at the time. It's all part of the journey
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Through my medical negligence in the years I've probably developed an anti-bacterial resistant infection that won't go away naturally and most-likely several other conditions.

Also I stupidly through away anti-biotics the doctor prescribed recently which I was supposed to take for about 10 days and I don't even think that term is up (didn't even explain the whole situation) and I don't even think it's been 10 days yet so now it's awkward.

For medical help I want to explain the full story to a doctor and actually go through with what they say.

But also I want pagan solutions, cure-alls, I'm sure people in the past have done things to oneself's or someone else's deadly illnesses like the plague, even if being directly healed by a deity themselves.

What would pagans do back then?

- - - Updated - - -

If there's any medical professionals here though regardless of pagan solutions here is my full situation, don't even care that I'm doxing myself at this point doesn't matter anyways never did just don't want to suffer anymore, also my name is Ashley I'm female, transfemale still have to legally change my name, not sure why quora has my legal name

- - - Updated - - -

just woke up, fell asleep mid-day because apparently sleeping 16 hours from 8 PM to 12 PM isn't enough anymore. I can hardly hear, not even from actual deafness just from congestion

- - - Updated - - -

btw didn't take the recent medication because stupidly let bio/legal mom (hate my bio/legal family, family is who you love mutually imo, I have a family and we love eachother mutually, they're not my bio/legal one obv my bio/legal one isn't my family) come in the doctor's office w me and she said a bunch of lies like me having allergies to cat's etc, I've NEVER had any allergies in my entire life, I <expletive> hug cats to the point I'm rubbing my face against then and have been far longer than 2 months, my whole life, w no adverse effects and perfect breathing, I kicked her out after a few minutes but still didn't trust the medication because I didn't talk to my doctor one on one (would've explained everything and just talk to them one on one in general).

just want to talk to a doctor one on one about everything and go through withe everything they say, honestly feel like I'm going to end up dying very soon at this point, feels like my body is <expletive> deteriorating on quite a literal level

- - - Updated - - -

Also my problem isn't "mundane", my senior year of highschool is more important to me than my own life, I was suicidal my first year as a Junior, early that spring break I put a knife in my own bag to slit my own throat, most-likely not at school obviously, the following Monday we had a field trip in our science class and didn't even bring our bags, totally forgot it was in there, following Wednesday had an admin search was suspended for a year, sent to Juvy for a day, the counselor there was like wtf you shouldn't be here you were only gonna hurt yourself they'll let you out in court in the morning, and I was let out in court in the morning on probation for 2 years and recently got off early on my 18th birthday (April 16th, was born on April 16th 2001, luckily this happened several days before my 17th bday so wasn't tried as adult lul), apparently hurting yourself is a punishable offense in the U.S regardless of me having been to several psychiatric hospitals for suicide/depression (I have much younger depressed online friends that have done similar things and have been to psychiatric hospitals, <expletive> 11-13 year olds that don't believe I was sent to Juvy nor suspended for a year bc it was for self harm/suicide regardless of the <expletive> "zero tolerance" policies, i'm bi just use gay as insult btw meaning like stupid/dumb obv, I highly fear for them as they live in the U.S too).

So anyways re-took Junior year at an alternative school now I'm back at my base school as a senior, luckily a ton of my friends were freshmen/sophomores my first junior year so they're still their but this year is extremely important to me as it's my last and last year my senior year was stolen from me bc of everything I just mentioned, luckily I still have many friends there though.

I don't care if I have to give several Jils of my own blood to get better or if after Senior year it will come back 9999999999x worse and kill me or put me in a permanent coma, just wanna have a fun Senior year w my friends and not experience this <expletive> deadly illness bs.

I'm up for modern professional medical help and rituals even with deadly adverse effects, preferably I'd like to not die of sickness after school though obviously lmao.

Oh also dry stopped my anti depressants etc bc I was only taking them because I was forced to by law, I stopped right on my 18th bday when I got off of probation and wasn't legally required to anymore obviously, if that's correlated at all and I die because of it then that's not my fault that'd just be the U.S murdering me -shrug-, the withdrawal symptoms which were bad af stopped a week after dry taking them so I was told i don't need to restart them then lean off if it, which I wouldn't have done even if told to anyways lul. I despise forced psychiatric hospitals, anti-depressants etc (for depressed people/suicidals idgaf about the psychopathic homicidals), it all should be opt-in

But point is anyways it's not mundane to me nor my friends. Sorry for having to explain every specific detail so much.

I'd like professional medical advice, those crystals you spoke of, rituals, spells, etc, whatever is best for this very specific situation

- - - Updated - - -

if anyone has spells/rituals/etc with deadly adverse effects that they don't want to publicly share here, feel free to dm me, thanks ^-^
          Last edited by Juniper; 28 Jul 2019, 21:15. Reason: expletives removed. please pay attention to the rules.

Comment

You are young and overwhelmed. It sounds to me like you should focus on your mental well-being and self-care and healing, and it also sounds like you should see a doctor and actually listen and follow what they have to say.

None of us are going to have a magical cure for all your problems. You should see a health care provider.

Practice self-care and leave yourself space for emotional and physical healing. And see a doctor.

Mostly art.

Comment

What would pagans do back then?
              Pagans 'back then' died of simple infections. Sometimes they died because of the disease. Sometimes they died because of the herbs/poultice/fungi/rock/metal/toxic substance that they took as an attempted cure. But lots and lots and lots of them died of simple things that are curable now.

Modern medicine may have it's faults, and I understand that the medical system in certain countries is not as good as what I'm used to here... but modern medicine treats and cures diseases that killed thousands upon thousands of 'pagans back then'. There is a lot of misunderstanding and propaganda surrounding modern medicine, but in general it's been doing a pretty good job of keeping us alive past the average life expectancy of our distant ancestors.

- - - Updated - - -

If there's any medical professionals here though regardless of pagan solutions here is my full situation, don't even care that I'm doxing myself at this point doesn't matter anyways never did just don't want to suffer anymore, also my name is Ashley I'm female, transfemale still have to legally change my name, not sure why quora has my legal name...
              So there's a lot here that speaks of insufferable mental and emotional and possibly physical pain. And I'm sorry that you are going through this. But you really, really must seek profession help AND follow it. Stopping your antibiotics halfway through is not a good idea, but it's unlikely to kill you unless your septic. Stopping your antidepressants cold might kill you or cause you to cause harm to yourself. And not taking your hormonal medications properly can mess with your head as well as your body. Please follow the directions your doctors give you. Believe it or not, they are not out to get you. Some doctors are underequipped, undertrained and suffer from personal bias... but they got into medicine so that they could help people, and that is what they are trying to do. Medications have specific directions for a reason... and not following those directions can lead to very serious complications.

As far as rituals/spells etc... the catch 22 of this whole situation is that you can't effectively work magick if you can't think straight. There is no magick cure-all. There is no being healed by a deity. There is no working great feats of energy work if you can't keep your thoughts in order. So you need to see a health care team first to sort out the physical symptoms and start getting a handle on mental symptoms... THEN you can try to work on the spiritual side. But for the most part it's going to start with mindfullness and meditation and diet and maybe carrying around some crystals/stones that are specific to your symptoms WHILE you are being treated by modern medicine. Because this stuff doesn't work on it's own. It's a supplement... a complement to modern medicine... not an alternative.

Please seek the professional care that you need, and not on a forum. Because true professionals will not give specific medical advice without actually consulting a patient. And you are far more likely to get misinformation than true help.
              Last edited by Rae'ya; 29 Jul 2019, 02:44.

Comment

There is being healed by a deity, unless you don't fully believe them.

Not talking about the surplus amount of pagan believers that died of plague etc, talking about those that were healed in myth and legend, those who were successful

I have several legitimate full-fledged encounters and I both know for a fact and 100% believe that most mythology exists, as I've talked about prior, regardless of you believing me or not on that statement.

But you all have information so whether you believe me or not is irrelevant; in a hypothetical situation where all of this exists, how would one heal them-self? Winning the favor of a deity?

Also one thing I don't quite understand is the hate towards me in prior threads, this forum claims to be accepting of all pagan religions and even non-pagan ones, yet when people like me identify with a pagan religion even though we have differing views than the majority of the practitioners of said pagan religion on these forums, you receive hate and people tell you to stop talking about that stuff like what happened with my Egyptian Mythology posts? Acting like if I'm misconstruing information, one cannot misconstrue their own beliefs my friends, just because my identity has similar labels as yours doesn't mean I'm trying to define what your religion is; I'm simply defining my own and my own beliefs

If neo-paganism is accepted rather than just solely traditional pagan beliefs of the past; then I don't see why that's accepted and not what I'm doing.

I admit I've been toxic in posts before which I shouldn't have regardless of the circumstances, but practitioners that have identified w religions beliefs etc with the same names etc as mine have been much more hostile and toxic to me; where-as I'm the only one on the receiving end for the low reputation

- - - Updated - - -

Also not depressed anymore, still have extreme anxiety and depression which I was diagnosed w as-well and used to be depressed/suicidal for years on end non-stop, but am doing much better now.

my mind is clear; all the talk of depression etc I've stated is of the far past including me dry stopping my anti-depressants etc

Comment

Neither viruses nor bacteria concern themselves with the content or strength of our beliefs. Obviously, having hope for a miraculous solution to that (or any problem) isn’t an issue so long as it doesn’t interfere with getting everyday normal help.

What I think people are stressing to you is that they do not have any such solution. To tell you otherwise would be disrespectful and dismissive. It would be selling you on snake oil.

Comment

Whatever exists exists for a fact, meaning every other belief is invalid; if one were to be in the know and have serious legitimate connections with their beliefs then enacting on it would and should be the norm.

Again you don't have to believe me, that's why I'm asking in a hypothetical environment, if anyone's willing

I've seen other questions answered seriously here; please don't falter with the seriousness of my health.

If you know of rituals and spells, even if you've only attempted to do them; or know about them, or even if it contains ingredients you've never found or even believe to not exist; please tell me, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

In a hypothetical situation, if you had terminal cancer and Apollo came knocking on your door, do you truly think he couldn't snap his fingers and heal you, in this hypothetical world it is clearly not just spiritual; it is spiritual, materialistic, expressive, predominant, and very very real

Even if you're taking this with a grain of salt or not believing it at all; answer with that level of realness please, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure there's deities that control plagues and sickness too, yes, so bacteria, viruses, and the aforementioned deities could surely care about one's beliefs and knowledge as with every deity and mythological creature, including humans, as in a hypothetical situation where most mythology exists; greek, roman, egyptian, celtic, shinto which has mythological roots, even the surplus of folklore from the thousands of past extremely small civilizations, that would mean they factually exist and factually created us as-well; Prometheus did, making us pagan creatures too and everything that exists pagans, regardless of one's personal beliefs

Comment

Last edited by Rhythm; 29 Jul 2019, 09:35.

Comment

Why not make a new leg, or kill the bacteria, no need to reverse time & events, though that's possible too

Comment

Last edited by Rhythm; 29 Jul 2019, 10:29.

Comment

I'll be point blank nothing you've said here would in my opinion qualify you for any sort of divine intervention. Mythology wise divinities intervene in the lives of heroes and they are doing things for large groups not someone trying to get through their senior year as their sole reason. Your reason is all hubris basically and nothing more.

Occasionally the divinities or spirits will cause an illness or actual death of persons they have selected to be "Spiritual" representatives for them. Yet such actions may mean the person is healed or it may mean they are cursed in some manner or marked. Think of stigmata for instance, very much a marking within the frame work of Christianity. Within certain forms of shamanic type pathways the practitioner will actually die a physical death (that happened to me). Others will suffer a severe illness that may take them to the edge of death or leave them physically disabled or handicapped though they recover from the illness. Still others will suffer from disabilities such as seizures, blindness, temporary insanity are some of the common conditions I am aware of.

Of course that doesn't touch upon the idea of Daemons, demons, angels or other non-godlike entities. Yet entities that hold a position typically above humanity yet beneath what many recognize as "divinities". Things like guides, spirit animals, plant allies, elementals, etc. Entities found in various mythologies and fables that interact with the natural world through various means.

You asked what ancient pagans did, ok they died. Other wise they went to various sanctuaries, temples, or groves and left offerings (votives) often shaped in the form of what ever body part was sick. Prayed to the particular divinity or divinities they believed in to heal their sickness and suffered through the remainder of however long that life lasted. Then the surviving father, wife, husband, mother, etc often dedicated memorials and made offerings to those same divinities to ensure the deceased member crossed into the afterlife and didn't become a restless dead.

Your talking about gods & goddesses that bring forth plagues and mention Apollo and of course his twin Artemis are both associated with bringing forth plagues. But sorry the Black Death is not the plague and pestilence normally associated with either of them in the myths and legends. More like crop failure, infertility of the stock and starvation or stock, plague of locust, drought, would be more in line with plagues caused by them causing loss of life and destruction. Well except in the case of say Niobe where they slew all her children or most of them depending upon the story.

Sorry your saying your doing better but your no doctor. Nor are you qualified to diagnose your own mental state and condition. Much less to quantify and qualify that diagnosis by comparing it against other teens / kids on the net who may have the same conditions / resistance to the system. Sort of like the idea of saying your having breathing issues but your not allergic to cats because you don't see it so your natural parents must be wrong because they've seen you react to it over the span of your 17 years of life. I lived in Japan for 6.5 years and never made the connection that my asthma flared up every year when the cherry blossoms came out. I was to close to the problem, it was someone else who noticed it that lived in the same house with me and made it. Then when I stopped to consider it and think about it they were right.

Personally I do not know of any ethical or legitimate practitioner regardless of pathway that will advise you in regards to this subject from a medical standpoint. That is not to say there are not those who will not be willing to aid you, especially for a small price. As a shamanic practitioner though in this instance though i'd have to follow a piece of biblical advise....Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's. Right now you need to give unto Caesar his do ... that is this is a medal issue and your best bet is to turn to qualified medical personal there are no rituals, rites, ceremonies or such that are going to make you better and no gods, goddesses are going to step in and save you just to make your senior year better

and sorry no person your talking to on the net is going to do it either in some special group even if they are supposed to be suffering the same thing. Yes the legal system can "Process" you if it is determined to be for you own safety and best interest. One of the things I had to deal with as I worked with Special Needs children for 10 years with a School System.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Mortal Art generally falls short of the miraculous and if exceptions to that rule exist, finding them is liable to take decades of searching. If any of us had literal miracles at our disposal then odds are those miracles would have been brought to bear against the trials of our lives or to save the lives of people we care for.

Divine Art may encompass the miraculous but it happens at the whim of forces beyond us. Sure, one can ask for divine aid but it cones at the will of a divinity when, where and how that divinity sees fit. We can't say anything that will guarantee the type of favor that would bring such exalted aid or we'd have called for it in our own lives.
                              Last edited by MaskedOne; 29 Jul 2019, 13:45.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X