Hi Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to check in properly. I'm Paganus. From California. My background is a historical mess. My mother is Asian. Biological father is half Japanese half Hispanic. So, ethnically I'm part Chinese [Cantonese], part Japanese, part Portuguese, and part Northern Indian [India]. I was raised by my mom and her family. And so culturally I'm Thai/Khmer/Chinese. I speak only California English, but I understand Khmer and some Spanish, some Esperanto, and a little Pali-Sanskrit.

As far as religion goes: Animism is the ancient folk ur-religion of Southeast Asia. So I'm an Animist. Then Brahmanism was brought to Southeast Asia thousands of years ago, which syncretized with the Animism. So I'm a Brahmanist [not Hindu]. And then Theravada Buddhism was brought to Southeast Asia which syncretized with the Brahmanism-Animism. So I'm a Theravadin also. Then of course, there's the Chinese folk Taoism. So, I'm into Chinese folk Taoism, Taoist Yoga, and Taoist Sorcery. Then I'm a normal American girl from California, so I like studying Occidental Occultism. My friends got me into Satanism when I was 13. I did a little ceremony when I was 13 to dedicate my life and self to "Satan" and since I keep my word, I'm still a Satanist. And no, it's not confusing. I have my own self-identity and mind. I don't need a religion to tell me how to think or believe. These things are like tools in a shed or goggles you wear to see the world in certain ways. Paradigmatic Goggles as I call them. You wear those goggles according to necessity, circumstance, and so on.

My hobbies are hiking, reading, writing, researching. My favorite subjects to read are: Postmaterialist Science, some modern science stuff. History, religion, Eastern Philosophy, Natural Philosophy. And stuff like that. I write A LOT. I have my own zine, which is where I keep all my essays. The zine keeps me sane, since I love writing. Sometimes my zines are 90 pages long. Sometimes 200 pages. Sometimes 600 pages. The longest essay I've written so far is a 200 paged one. The second longest is a 160 paged one. I started writing back in 2009 and never stopped. I've written around 5000 pages since 2009. I save all my essays since over at archive dot org.

I like hanging out with people online, in forums, who are open minded and can hold an intelligent conversation. I hope to get acquainted with everybody.

Re: Hi Everyone

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thank you Anubisa.

Comment

Welcome to Pagan Forum.

Comment

Thanks Bartmanhomer.

Comment

Originally posted by paganus View Post
            Thanks Bartmanhomer.
            You're welcome. We're a friendly and open-minded family from all faiths and non-faiths alike.

Comment

WELCOME!!!

Please leave your sanity at the front desk. You won't be needing it here.:cthulhu:
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, MaskedOne!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! That's a lot of essays, lol. That's awesome.
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Thank you for the welcome faye cat!

Comment

Working...
                    X