Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Improve shaman meeting

Originally posted by mathieu View Post
    Well you had a point, but I don' tthink the guy i'am going to see for a second time is a scam. Because differents people tolds me good things about him. And it seems to works for me, just i'am coming from far away

Maybe as i'am new to it we only do the cleaning ritual but maybe we can do more things later when i would have improve myself.
    That's the big thing, that it works for you.

As to him being a scammer or such, well you'll have to make that determination to be honest. That's the bad part about many practitioners. Shamanism at it's core is usually designed to be a living practice, not a belief or religious system. It usually exists within the frame work of a system where the Shaman works in conjunction with the religious people of the system. The Shaman reading the spirits and walking the worlds to aid the religious side of the society. They often exist on the fringes of their societies but are still very important parts of their societies. However, they still pray to the same divinities as the member's of the societies they support and are a part of.

Today you find a lot of people who have made Shamanism a religion vice a practice that supports its society. Because of how it is working many practitioner's have no tribe / nation or group they are actually associated with nor are directly supporting. There is no social / cultural / heritage that binds them to the people they are tied to. Word of mouth is one thing regarding his / her abilities and success. But it doesn't touch what happens when his / her allies , guides, powers / medicine is seen in action by multiple people and witnessed over and over. Especially when it is also in support of the religious side of the community of other shamanic practitioners in the community who do things that would cover healings, fecundity & fertility, warrior cults, blood rights & moon time, death rites, spirit keeping, etc.

Maybe you can do more things when you grow and improve yourself. But never allow yourself to open your mind to the point that your brain falls out in order to believe what someone is telling you or trying to sell you. A good scam artist will sell you a product and make you want it, just a he / she has sold it to others before you. Not saying he is not saying he isn't, trust your own judgement.

All I'll say for certain is I have no horse in this race. Not asking for no payment nor gifting. Tell me what you can and I'll do my best to tell you what I think you where exposed to and that is all I can offer. That and do my best to give you an idea of what I think the process is meant to do based upon my experiences or what you might get out of them. No more no less, then leave it up to you as to what you can take from my answers.

I don't do workings over the net. But, as a practitioner this site is part of my group and I do my best to aide and assist those in my group as I can.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Re: Improve shaman meeting

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Mathieu couldn't post links so thank you for posting his link, though you might find the admins say something. But then again may not.

Anyway though i'd touch on a few points I noticed in the video and maybe other's will add to the discussion and maybe that will aid Mathieu. I add the disclaimer these "Thoughts" are based upon my observations and experiences so are not meant to be the only way nor imply my way is the correct observation of what is occurring.

I notice the practitioner is smudging the area with a bundle of what appears to be "sage". From what I can see of it I'd presume it is white sage. That has sort of become a generic go to for cleansing of ritual space now. However it is not the only one that is used. Using the sage bundle to "sweep" the area over the person to be "assisted".

The usage of the drum here and the beat meter is sort of high to me to be honest. I say that because of what the practitioner is doing by having the person lay down to slow their breathing down. Unless the practitioner is trying to summon their allies and attain their mindset at this point (possible as the video is choppy).

To me when the practitioner starts running their hands over the person's head and down their body they are performing either auric work (something like therapeutic touch or Reiki healing) or chakra work. All three have similar practices of methodologies but actual application may vary from individual to individual or school of training. Later in the video you'll see her pulling from the body upwards and outwards from the head. Though it gets lost real quick as the practitioner then grabs her own hair to pull it back from her face. An action that how I was taught would actually mean she would have taken what ever she pulled from the person into her own body by touching her own. That's just an observation that jumped out at me, so take that with a grain of salt.

But all that auric type work would be healing her auric body and stripping away any cling on's that have attached themselves to her.

At one point the practitioner lays next to the person and seem's to almost touch head to head while she beats the drum. Not completely sure but it makes me think of when you try to connect mentally and match thoughts.

The flame (candle) over her feet just a guess is also purification but also grounding.

It's not shown clearly in the video but I wonder if the blanket didn't start out at her feet then was pulled up over her body as the ritual / ceremony progressed. In that capacity it becomes something like a protective womb enveloping her body but also like the auric body grows warm and healed to surround and protect her. During the video you see it lowered to about her waist with her arms outside the video and shown palm down. Then later it is up to about her neck and her arms are inside and covered.

The beat meter definitely changes near the end of the video to a series of beats then a pause then repeats.

I admit I am curious as to what the two bottles contained. I suspect they were some sort of oil but could not tell. You never see the white bowl being used during the video either.

Would be curious to know exactly what was being said my French is awful as I haven't taken French since high school and that was back in the mid 70's.

But in general I'd say this video was about cleansing and general health care of the auric body / spirit. But of course this is all my perspective and opinion from what I see happening so admit I could be wrong.
      For the most part, I'm not worried if a member with linking rights posts something for someone who hasn't gained them yet. The only real caveat here is that if you are linking something for another member then you are responsible for the linked content and if a mod or admin takes issue with what you have posted then we hold you to account before addressing whichever new member you may be helping out. Long as you review the link and make sure that I'm not going to be reaching for my ban weapons if I visit it then you're generally fine.
      "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
      ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
      X