My Truth About Transgender Athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Truth About Transgender Athletes

I don't care if you disagree with me about this topic. Transgender athletes have every right to compete in sports just like a cis athlete. Many people have this mindset about transgender women athletes because they switch gender to cheat. How? Transgender women athletes are still women. They don't switch gender to cheat in sports. I just which people can be open and accepted about transgender athletes.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 20 Nov 2019, 18:10.

Re: My Truth About Transgender Athletes

As I understand it, athletes are in the habit of taking performance enhancing drugs, not performance decreasing drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
      As I understand it, athletes are in the habit of taking performance enhancing drugs, not performance decreasing drugs.
      That I get.

Comment

being i am post op transgender on hormones you lose a lot of strength and lose any advantage in competition, and i know from my own experience mtf if you wondered and now 30 years post op
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

OP, would you say that male to female have an edge over cis females in combat and weight lifting sports ?

Comment

Originally posted by DHR View Post
            OP, would you say that male to female have an edge over cis females in combat and weight lifting sports ?
            I guess they do. That's a very controversial question. Because most MTF athletes are very stronger than cis females in combat and weight lifting.
            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 09 Dec 2019, 18:48.

Comment

Do female to male athletes have to compete in a cis gender events or can trans athletes have a trans only event?

Comment

Originally posted by DHR View Post
                Do female to male athletes have to compete in a cis gender events or can trans athletes have a trans only event?
                In my opinion FTM athletes can complete everywhere.

Comment

thanks for all the open minds that makes our lives so much easier
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    thanks for all the open minds that makes our lives so much easier
                    You're welcome. I support transgender people even in sports. They have every right to compete in sports just like cis athletes do.

Comment

No matter what I think that it is good to see that people are accepting transgender people in sports. Transgender is still such a hot topic among many which I don't think it should be. If you feel like you are another gender then you have the right to change sexes and not be judged. So I think it is great that transgendered people can participate in sports.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                        No matter what I think that it is good to see that people are accepting transgender people in sports. Transgender is still such a hot topic among many which I don't think it should be. If you feel like you are another gender then you have the right to change sexes and not be judged. So I think it is great that transgendered people can participate in sports.
                        I agree. Facts.

Comment

I wonder why people imagine than mtf trans are stronger? Or why it would be a problem if some were? It's uncommon for trans people to compete in sports, and even less common for them to win. When they do, it's because they have some particular attribute or constellation of attributes that is very specifically beneficial to the event they're competing in. The past presence of peen not being one of them, as far as I'm aware. This is the same for any competitive cis.

Michael Phelps was built to swim. I'm not. Ronda Rousey would mercilessly destroy me in MMA - even though I'm a trained combatant. That's -before- any comment on the outcome of the physically debilitating process of gender reassignment. Hey, let's look at weightlifting. A trans lifter named Laurel Hubbard has been in and out of news over the past few years. She's crushed it a couple of times in NZ. That sounds impressive and, on the face of it might seem to confirm those strange ideas we have about trans people and sports......until we realize that she crushed it in NZ, with 280kg totals, at best (but usually less).

A cis female by the name of Li Wenwen pulls 332kgs regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
                            I wonder why people imagine than mtf trans are stronger? Or why it would be a problem if some were? It's uncommon for trans people to compete in sports, and even less common for them to win. When they do, it's because they have some particular attribute or constellation of attributes that is very specifically beneficial to the event they're competing in. The past presence of peen not being one of them, as far as I'm aware. This is the same for any competitive cis.

Michael Phelps was built to swim. I'm not. Ronda Rousey would mercilessly destroy me in MMA - even though I'm a trained combatant. That's -before- any comment on the outcome of the physically debilitating process of gender reassignment. Hey, let's look at weightlifting. A trans lifter named Laurel Hubbard has been in and out of news over the past few years. She's crushed it a couple of times in NZ. That sounds impressive and, on the face of it might seem to confirm those strange ideas we have about trans people and sports......until we realize that she crushed it in NZ, with 280kg totals, at best (but usually less).

A cis female by the name of Li Wenwen pulls 332kgs regularly.
                            Some people are very narrow-minded and they believed that trans athletes have no business in sports to compete with cis athletes.

Comment

Sure, but I'm wondering why.

At every point down the rabbit hole it just gets stranger. We could imagine, for example, that Ms. Wenwen was taking performance enhancing drugs. Yes, she's a cis female, but the presence of these substances directly correlates with performance...and generally correlates with biological sex. Perhaps, knowing more now about performance than before, we might realize that our boys division/girls division was simplistic, and didn't reflect the full realities of human biological potential. Maybe we should have testosterone divisions?

Wouldn't that confirm our strange ideas about trans people and sports..also? Well, no. Trans athletes have consistently lower levels of testosterone than their cisgendered peers. That's one of the effects of the medication schedule, and it's a feature - not a bug. Trans athletes have voluntarily signed up for a competitive disadvantage. The performance gap between mtf trans and cis male is greater than the performance gap between cis female and cis male.
                              Last edited by Rhythm; 12 Dec 2019, 06:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X