X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Truth About Transgender Athletes

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
    Sure, but I'm wondering why.

At every point down the rabbit hole, it just gets stranger. We could imagine, for example, that Ms. Wenwen was taking performance-enhancing drugs. Yes, she's a cis female, but the presence of these substances directly correlates with performance...and generally correlates with biological sex. Perhaps, knowing more now about performance than before, we might realize that our boy's division/girls division was simplistic, and didn't reflect the full realities of human biological potential. Maybe we should have testosterone divisions?

Wouldn't that confirm our strange ideas about trans people and sports..also? Well, no. Trans athletes have consistently lower levels of testosterone than their cisgender peers. That's one of the effects of the medication schedule, and it's a feature - not a bug. Trans athletes have voluntarily signed up for a competitive disadvantage. The performance gap between mtf trans and cis male is greater than the performance gap between cis female and cis male.
    That's also very controversial about testosterone drugs and performance-enhancing drugs. If drug companies nerfed these drugs then it would balance the sports competition between trans athletes and cis athletes.

Comment

Why would it, and what is there to balance? Trans athletes already have consistently lower levels of testosterone than their cisgendered peers. That's lower levels than their peers who are....and who aren't..... juicing. They already underperform compared to their cisgendered peers, and the performance gap between them and males, and cisgendered female athletes and males, is already larger.

Getting rid of the juicers, or the juice, would still leave trans athletes with lower levels, lower performance, and a wider gap. If anything, and if these strange intuitions we have are correct, trans athletes should be allowed to take performance enhancing drugs to reach parity. Stranger as we go. There's no one out there transitioning to win at sports, because that's not actually how any of that works. There's no problem, no there, there to be controversial or need balancing or anything at all. It's the perceptual equivalent of a jumpscare.

If we ended up with an "only female" female division, and a more inclusive "any female" female division...regular old cisgendered females would be mopping the floor with cisgendered women and transwomen alike all day every day - just like they already are.
      Last edited by Rhythm; 12 Dec 2019, 09:31.

Comment

Why would it, and what is there to balance? Trans athletes already have consistently lower levels of testosterone than their cisgendered peers. That's lower levels than their peers who are....and who aren't..... juicing. They already underperform compared to their cisgendered peers, and the performance gap between them and males, and cisgendered female athletes and males, is already larger.

Getting rid of the juicers, or the juice, would still leave trans athletes with lower levels, lower performance, and a wider gap. If anything, and if these strange intuitions we have are correct, trans athletes should be allowed to take performance enhancing drugs to reach parity. Stranger as we go. There's no one out there transitioning to win at sports, because that's not actually how any of that works. There's no problem, no there, there to be controversial or need balancing or anything at all. It's the perceptual equivalent of a jumpscare.

If we ended up with an "only female" female division, and a more inclusive "any female" female division...regular old cisgendered females would be mopping the floor with cisgendered women and transwomen alike all day every day - just like they already are.
        You do have a very good point there.

Comment

At the end of the day, I think that there really is only one point to the whole mess. It has nothing to do with mtf trans, or athletes, or fairness in sports. It's a cynical political lever .

Comment

At the end of the day, I think that there really is only one point to the whole mess. It has nothing to do with my trans or athletes or fairness in sports. It's a cynical political lever.
            I agree it always has to do with politics.

Comment

Working...
            X