Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Thuleanperspective (Varg)?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: Thoughts on Thuleanperspective (Varg)?

Quote Originally Posted by DHR View Post
    You googled and didn't even bother seeing the other side. Even i do not completely agree ( anti-vax stuff ) with him but i have read a number of his books and a vast amount of his video postings. As you have said, you only sifted. You must not have searched that hard, He covers everything you brought up and even says, he is a little crazy with his conspiracy. If you could link any of his videos or current works that he stats he is a Nazi, I would enjoy seeing that. Evolutionary Racism isn't the correct, I think you mean Scientific Racism. It's rather easy, to sum up, someone in a few searches vs actual spending time with the subject matter. But you did give your opinion. He was however correct about the yellow vest protest but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Do you own a book by someone you do not agree with or an idea/topic you do not support?

- - - Updated - - -

where did you meet him?
    Racism is racism period. What's more to see with this guy?

Well, he also gets the reality of pagan belief and practice in scandinavia fantastically wrong.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
    Well, he also gets the reality of pagan belief and practice in scandinavia fantastically wrong.
    And everything you said about Anti-Vaxxers shows how wrong he is as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he believes the earth is flat.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

(DHR, since you're new I'm adding a note that when someone types in green, they are site Mods, if you see red, you're dealing with an Admin) As a forum, we do not condone racism in any form for any reason. Any comment or action that could be considered racist, breaks the rules of the forum, and will be dealt with.

In addition, many of the other controversial topics involved with this concept have been discussed in length elsewhere. I strongly encourage reading through those posts before continuing this discussion.

On vaccination: http://paganforum.com/showthread.php...s-the-question

This is on living off grid and ties into prepping: http://paganforum.com/showthread.php...rnative-Living

And I'm sure reading through this would give you a good idea of the political climate of this forum, what is and isn't considered acceptable: http://paganforum.com/showthread.php...y-this-country

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Shahaku; 13 Dec 2019 at 14:14.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Well, what's one more thing when you're that deep into loontown, right? I suspect that it starts to look like the only way out is through. So, rather than walking back some absurdity, we pile another and another and another on top until we don't have to trouble ourselves with the first one. If we're a conspiracy theorist, the bundle all gets mashed together into one overarching schema. In case of the gentleman in question, a jewish conspiracy and the end of the world as we know it.

Anywho. As far as his paganism goes..specifically, it's fairly typical in the broad strokes (even if the devil is in the details). He's a reconstructionist. Now, when anthropologists and archeaologists do reconstruction..theyre doing a different thing than what a religious practitioner of reconstruction is doing. So much so that despite the implied premise of reconstruction as a version of the "old religion" sociologists have identified these movements as new religious movements. Which is to say that they are not rooted in any specific factual historical basis - rather, in the predispositions and constructs and stories about ancient religions typical to their modern authors. To the frustration and amusement of professional researchers, reconstruction as a religion almost completely disregards facts about those traditions alleged to be the basis or inspiration of the new movement.

We can take a random sampling of some of his opinions on paganism, both historical and present - to see this play out. In a piece you can find on burzum, titled Paganism: Part V - Sacrifices, he lays out his views. Briefly summarized he purports to recount a bit of historical data as the premise - that christians reported pagans making sacrifices, but noted that some people did not make sacrifices and so, in their views...were not "real pagans". This is not actually a historical fact. It's a setup for the main point of an argument he'll be making - the argument being that pagans who don't make sacrifices are, in fact, the Real Pagans(tm).

Now, I'm, not going to insist that the establishing details of a purported event have to be factual for the story that follows to contain truth. A talking rabbit never had a footrace with a talking turtle, for example. If we're going to look past this narrative device, though, the content had better be worth it.

He continues for some time with minutiae on mound and hoard burials, inserting his own religious beliefs (and, in fact, the very conclusion of the argument he's making) as motivating factors for the individuals who created them, before getting back to the thrust of the article. That we shouldn't ask the gods for favors, and that..in his view, the pagan philosophy is that every man gets what he deserves, nothing more or less. That asking the gods for favors will..in fact, produce a tragedy of some sort or another. Punishment, retribution, loss. He continues onward to insist that the gods are running a soul improvement machine, and that we should accept our necessarily diminished lot in it. None of this is representative of any bronze age paganism in scandinavia..or anywhere else in the world. It has more in common with modern protestant canards and continental philosophy than pre-contact/conquest scandinavian belief or practice.
    Last edited by Rhythm; 13 Dec 2019 at 05:37.

Dec 2019
    Religion
    Old Norse

You have not looked at every fact in the mans life and are going off of quick information. If you had looked into what Varg says now, you would have found that the man has corrected the boy, he once was. The man that Varg is today, in my eyes, has paid for his crimes. He killed a man, that wanted to kill him. Growing up in a pagan house, i can say that i have never meet a nazi. Never. I think you might be adding your culters history of hate and racism into your complete view of what you think is the over all Norse Pagan.

I would be more then happy to mail you the books i have that clearend my mind of many false ideas of pagan and the old norse teachings of riddles and rituals. If you have a PO BOX. Primordial White culture isnt a thing and has never been. Does your scopre of view always have this dash of hate ? Who or whatever you have seen or read, has been rather negative. If its the local hate group preaching Odin and Thor- as you know already is not correct.

I do know that the church Varg might have set light to was a church that was moved and re built on top of a pagan site. Not a neo pagan site but a real pagan stone circle used for sun worship. The church was moved on to the site...not by...not next to but right in the middle of the stone circle. The only bad thing I see is that the tax payer had to pony up the cash to rebuild the church.

Two sides to everything.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reasom, i have just now see the two replies above. one moment.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I'm still not convinced. In my eyes, he's still a racist. I don't care if he paid his debt to society. If he did then he wouldn't commit his crimes in the first place. Obviously, you support Varg, so I'm just going to take a step back into this discussion.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by DHR View Post

- - - Updated - - -

where did you meet him ?
    He lives about one hour car ride away from me. He is quite the celebrity in the metal scene, and I met him at a local concert on the town he lives in.
    I got lucky, apparently he doesn't go much to concerts anymore. He was never much into live music anyway.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I try to not be judgmental of anyone, but I did try to find this guy's youtube channel on youtube. It was deleted. There was a video on why it was deleted. The video did inform me that he was racist. I don't appreciate racism of any kind. I don't care what kind of racism you think it is, it is wrong. So that's my thoughts.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

I think we have some crossed wires. You don't need to defend paganism or even norse paganism against accusations of nazism with me. I was merely pointing out that vikernes form of paganism is a representative of the types that white supremacists have historically gravitated towards. OFC there was no such thing as a primordial white culture, but the constructs of norse paganism that white supremacists employ help them to manufacture that fiction..and are alluring to them for blistering obvious reasons.

There's just one side to burning down a church. It's the side wherein a person sets fire to a church. Thankfully, we don't put up with people doing things like that, least of all for the reason you offered. The whole world would be alight if we went around torching religious sites that have been re-purposed. That's not something we started to do with the assumption and propagation of abrahamic religions, we've been doing this for 10k years at least, possibly 55k.

Like I said, he falls well below the bar for a solid person, let alone a solid pagan. It's not as if there are so few pagans to choose from that we have to resort to this particular one. His version of what paganism must be, is, likewise, not some redeeming porttion of an otherwise deeply flawed person, but part of the complex that has made him such a deeply flawed person to begin with. I would tell people looking into asatru to steer miles clear of anything the guy wrote.