What's the meaning behind doorway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the meaning behind doorway?

Hello everyone. I'm Nick.. I've come to this forum to find some answers.. hope you can help.

While in france I was lucky enough to work on an old 16th / 17th century coach house and one of the side buildings had a doorway with what looks like pig trotters hanging above the doorway and a odd shaped "A' made of wood above the trotters.

Is this something to do with witchcraft?

I would upload the image I have but this forum doesn't seem to let me attach a picture..

Re: What's the meaning behind doorway?

Originally posted by NewbiNick View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm Nick. I've come to this forum to find some answers.. hope you can help.

While in France I was lucky enough to work on an old 16th / 17th-century coach house and one of the side buildings had a doorway with what looks like pig trotters hanging above the doorway and an odd-shaped "A' made of wood above the trotters.

Is this something to do with witchcraft?

I would upload the image I have but this forum doesn't seem to let me attach a picture.
    Hello Nick. Welcome to Pagan Forum. There's a certain number of post to reach the criteria to upload an image. It's the forum rules. And to answer your question I'm not sure.

Comment

Re: What's the meaning behind doorway?

It's possible. There's all sorts of weird folk beliefs people have, witchcraft and otherwise. Hanging different things above doorways is a tradition that's been around basically as long as doors have. Horseshoes are a commonly known one but different herbs or holy symbols too. My aunt keeps crosses over all her doors, for example. It's difficult to say what's going on here but usually these practices go back to some legend about keeping away an evil spirit of some sort.
      Circe

Comment

Working...
      X