No announcement yet.

Kobe Bryant - Guilty of Rape (or not)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kobe Bryant - Guilty of Rape (or not)?

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    Please post some credible facts that back up your claim that false accusations happen all the time.
    Take Michael Jackson for example. He was accused for molestation twice. One that he got arrested for but was acquitted because of the lack of evidence. Then many years later after Michael death two so called victims come forward and accuse him for molesting them in 1992? Ok I don't understand why not coming forward in 1992 and tell somebody and reported this accusation in 1992 when Michael was alive? It really doesn't make any sense at all to come forward many years later to make up a complete lie and accuse him when he's not alive anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Me Too Movement is somewhat of a witchhunt. These victims accuse many celebrities such as Mariah Carey, Kevin Spacey, Charlie Sheen and many others for the same accusation. I don't believe any of these accusations are true.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 28 Jan 2020, 18:10.

Comment

We'll never know about some people unfortunately. Michael Jackson was one of my favorite artists. We don't know if the people who came out did it because they were victims or not. All I know is that we need to not rush into judgement too quickly. There are a lot of negative things that people want to focus on that probably are true, but we can't know that. I say that we don't judge either side too quickly before we get the facts. Well I don't think we should judge at all, but that is neither here or there. The point is that we can't judge until we know all the facts and make sure they are credible.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        Take Michael Jackson for example. He was accused for molestation twice. One that he got arrested for but was acquitted because of the lack of evidence. Then many years later after Michael death two so called victims come forward and accuse him for molesting them in 1992? Ok I don't understand why not coming forward in 1992 and tell somebody and reported this accusation in 1992 when Michael was alive? It really doesn't make any sense at all to come forward many years later to make up a complete lie and accuse him when he's not alive anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Me Too Movement is somewhat of a witchhunt. These victims accuse many celebrities such as Mariah Carey, Kevin Spacey, Charlie Sheen and many others for the same accusation. I don't believe any of these accusations are true.
        This line of thinking is part of the problem. Are you crying because men's reputations are being ruined because of these allegations? What about the victims who come forward? They are scrutinized even more by the public. Sometimes so much that they are being shamed into dropping charges because of the harassment they are getting.

Reporting sexual crimes comes with such a stigma that many don't bother reporting them. Those that do come forward should be believed and the situation should be investigated. I do, however, think that these crimes should be investigated discretely and only made public when evidence that supports the accusation has been found.
        “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          This line of thinking is part of the problem. Are you crying because men's reputations are being ruined because of these allegations? What about the victims who come forward? They are scrutinized even more by the public. Sometimes so much that they are being shamed into dropping charges because of the harassment they are getting.

Reporting sexual crimes comes with such a stigma that many don't bother reporting them. Those that do come forward should be believed and the situation should be investigated. I do, however, think that these crimes should be investigated discreetly and only made public when evidence that supports the accusation has been found.
          If the story is accurate and makes sense then I'll believe who more believable. They're two sides of the story and I'll judge for myself by believing who is more believable.

Comment

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

-Kobe Bryant.

Comment

Consider the possibility in the MJ case that the victims were children at the time. That their parents/guardians considered it acceptable for them to travel and have unsupervised sleepovers with an adult, to the extent that they went on tour with him. Consider that the parents perhaps had fame and money in sight and not the best interests of the children. Or maybe the parents decided that the publicity and court procedures would inflict even more harm to the children. These were children who had no way of knowing how to navigate the situation, and their guardians decided what to do. So the guardians handled it, settling for money. Then, as adults, and understanding the reality of what happened to them, they decide to come forward. Maybe for money or attention, but maybe because they are old enough to realize that they are important enough to have the truth out. Maybe they want to protect other children who are swept under the rug because of money and power and fame.

I can't tell you what happened for sure. True enough. In fact, I find it painful to think it of someone who was so talented and dedicated and delighted me with his work. But I cannot assume that they are lying. I have to live somewhere in the middle, with an uncomfortable realization that it is entirely plausible and either way, someone did something vile.

Comment

I was sexually assaulted for four years growing up. I told no one. Because when my mom asked my six year old self if the person (who was five years older than me) had been "messing around with me" the way they had that other girl on the bus, she was beyond angry and I had no way of knowing she wasn't angry with me. And by the time I knew enough to look back and realize her anger was at him, not me, I also realized my dad would kill him if he found out, and then land in prison. And at that point we were moving half way across the country, and telling wouldn't have changed anything. I was 10. I knew at 10 that it was best to keep my mouth shut.

Your stance is insulting and you are part of the problem.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  I was sexually assaulted for four years growing up. I told no one. Because when my mom asked my six year old self if the person (who was five years older than me) had been "messing around with me" the way they had that other girl on the bus, she was beyond angry and I had no way of knowing she wasn't angry with me. And by the time I knew enough to look back and realize her anger was at him, not me, I also realized my dad would kill him if he found out, and then land in prison. And at that point we were moving half way across the country, and telling wouldn't have changed anything. I was 10. I knew at 10 that it was best to keep my mouth shut.

Your stance is insulting and you are part of the problem.
                  I'm so sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                  X