Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Pagan Forums

Hey everyone,

My name is Laika, I'm a 30 year old male and I live in the UK. I have had depression for many years and am currently unemployed, but will hopefully try to get on top of that sooner rather than later. I have been a regular user on religiousforums.com for many years, but I am looking for alternatives at the moment. Perhaps some users will recognise me from there.

I am an Atheist, although I have become more open and tolerant to religious beliefs and spirituality over the years. I was a Communist for over a decade and so have a deep interest in various parts of Marxist philosophy (Dialectical materialism/historical materialism). I was briefly a member of the Communist Party of Britain but left as I became disillusioned with it.

I know lefties have a reputation online of getting easily offended these days, but most of my friends are actually right-of-centre. I'm also pretty happy to be around people on the far right providing its based on a "live and let live" kind of mutual understanding, though that is safer online. I have no issue with people of different political or religious views as I'm used to being out numbered. You tend to find ways to learn to agree to differ to have a social life.

Anyways, I have become more curious about paganism (particularly efforts to reconstruct ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman religions) as a way of exploring religion. Truth be told, I don't have a deep knowledge of most of the major religions but I have realised that I am perhaps more "anti-christian" due to fears over authoritarianism rather than anti-religious in general. So I hope to gain a better understanding of paganism and to get to know you all in the process. Perhaps it will take me on a different path than the one I am on now, but we shall see.

I don't have any immediate questions at the moment, but if you have any for me, feel free to ask away. I hope you are all well and are having a good start to 2020. Best Wishes.

Re: Hello Pagan Forums

Originally posted by Laika View Post
    Hey everyone,

My name is Laika, I'm a 30-year-old male and I live in the UK. I have had depression for many years and am currently unemployed, but will hopefully try to get on top of that sooner rather than later. I have been a regular user on religiousforums.com for many years, but I am looking for alternatives at the moment. Perhaps some users will recognise me from there.

I am an Atheist, although I have become more open and tolerant of religious beliefs and spirituality over the years. I was a Communist for over a decade and so have a deep interest in various parts of Marxist philosophy (Dialectical materialism/historical materialism). I was briefly a member of the Communist Party of Britain but left as I became disillusioned with it.

I know lefties have a reputation online of getting easily offended these days, but most of my friends are actually right-of-centre. I'm also pretty happy to be around people on the far right providing it's based on a "live and let live" kind of mutual understanding, though that is safer online. I have no issue with people of different political or religious views as I'm used to being outnumbered. You tend to find ways to learn to agree to differ to have a social life.

Anyways, I have become more curious about paganism (particularly efforts to reconstruct ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman religions) as a way of exploring religion. Truth be told, I don't have a deep knowledge of most of the major religions but I have realised that I am perhaps more "anti-christian" due to fears over authoritarianism rather than anti-religious in general. So I hope to gain a better understanding of paganism and to get to know you all in the process. Perhaps it will take me on a different path than the one I am on now, but we shall see.

I don't have any immediate questions at the moment, but if you have any for me, feel free to ask away. I hope you are all well and are having a good start to 2020. Best Wishes.
    Welcome to Pagan Forum Laika.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      Welcome to Pagan Forum Laika.
      Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          Welcome to the forum!
          Thanks very much.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
            “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              Welcome to the forum!
              Thanks volcaniclastic!

Comment

Working...
              X