Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative people

Hey everyone,

So I'm curious, what do you think of negative people? It seems that there are negative people that surround us that no matter what we say to them they are always going to be negative. I've had friends who I have tried to support and be positive with, and they seem to take offense with me when I don't always agree with them, but try to explain my thought peacefully with them. Also, I feel when I try to do something for myself, they do not support me. It's very negative at times. I wonder do you break that relationship or not? I've always advised my friends to do so. However, it just seems so hard for me. What do you think?
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Negative people

They keep us grounded. Call it the minority report for hopeless optimists like myself.

I've got a RayJay analyst sleeping on my couch that saved me more than my entire savings. He basically told me that I wasn't as good at my job as I thought I was. Good advice.
    Last edited by Rhythm; 12 Mar 2020, 09:52.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      Hey everyone,

So I'm curious, what do you think of negative people? It seems that there are negative people that surround us that no matter what we say to them they are always going to be negative. I've had friends who I have tried to support and be positive with, and they seem to take offense with me when I don't always agree with them, but try to explain my thought peacefully with them. Also, I feel when I try to do something for myself, they do not support me. It's very negative at times. I wonder do you break that relationship or not? I've always advised my friends to do so. However, it just seems so hard for me. What do you think?
      There's not a whole lot a person can do to change the world, but everything a person does affects the people with whom they come in contact.

It works in reverse.

If you don't want to be affected by another's negative outlook, and you aren't able to help them, then you have to decide if it's worthwhile being impacted by that person.

My decision is generally "Na, I don't need to carry your load along with mine."
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions everyone.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
        X