This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Election 2020 Coverage Thread

Best case scenario: Melania or Ivanka convinces him to give it up, and they go golfing into the future. Worst case scenario: He heads to Maralago, declare himself to still be the "real" president, and divides the country, resulting in civil war.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

he can just go sit and spin
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I may actually see the promised levels of funding for our programs..and..gasp..even a promotion I've been due for...in the next admin. It's like we exist again - we even got emails, lol.

Comment

Chump doesn't even have a case to get his presidency back. Not even one evidence to prove there was voter fraud. Face it Biden won fair and square and there's nothing Chump can't do anything about it.

Comment

This is the election that never ends
            It goes on and on my friend
            Some people voted, not knowing what it was
            And now they will be fighting just because -
            This is the election that never ends...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Donald Trump Jr. was tested positive for Covid. Wow!

Comment

Here in Michigan we've been watching tRump's attempted coup.

Fortunately, Michigan Republicans aren't corrupt enough to start a civil war.

Yet.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm having a fine time watching tRump burn down the Republic party on his way out the door.

What a HOOT!

-and they still line up to squat before their toad-like god...!

Double-HOOT!

Comment

Ehh, I'd like it if McConnell can keep his idiots sufficiently in line that today moves smoothly. I know the GOP has no real win scenarios today that don't involve mind control but I want this last element of the election done and for everything to be set in stone. Having zealots force a debate with every slate of electors that is pro Biden will annoy the **** out of me.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

waiting to see him melt down live on the media he hates so much
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Ehh, I'd like it if McConnell can keep his idiots sufficiently in line that today moves smoothly. I know the GOP has no real win scenarios today that don't involve mind control but I want this last element of the election done and for everything to be set in stone. Having zealots force a debate with every slate of electors that is pro Biden will annoy the **** out of me.
                        Yes, watching punks do rubber burning donuts in the parking lot is also annoying for the same reasons: waste of time and energy, accomplishing nothing, 'cepting demonstrating adolescent jerkiness.

And, Annu, I'm also waiting for Thumper to melt down on t.v.

Can't wait. Popcorn popping.
                        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 06 Jan 2021, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Yes, watching punks do rubber burning donuts in the parking lot is also annoying for the same reasons: waste of time and energy, accomplishing nothing, 'cepting demonstrating adolescent jerkiness.

And, Anonymity, I'm also waiting for Thumper to melt down on t.v.

Can't wait. Popcorn popping.
                          So, if you end watching the count today, here's a tidbit to remember for figuring out who is serious. Verbal objections before the joint session mean zilch. The objector speaks, his fellows listen with varying degrees of courtesy and then the count moves on. A written objection signed by both a rep and a senator is a serious face objection. It won't win without mind control because House + State governor beats Senate and the Senate is unlikely to actually get a majority vote to decertify anything but the difference tells you who is just indulging in theater and who might be deluded enough to try for real. If the joint session breaks up over it then someone is serious about either overturning the vote or they just want to indulge in a higher degree of theater than normal.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

So, if you end watching the count today, here's a tidbit to remember for figuring out who is serious. Verbal objections before the joint session mean zilch. The objector speaks, his fellows listen with varying degrees of courtesy and then the count moves on. A written objection signed by both a rep and a senator is a serious face objection. It won't win without mind control because House + State governor beats Senate and the Senate is unlikely to actually get a majority vote to decertify anything but the difference tells you who is just indulging in theater and who might be deluded enough to try for real. If the joint session breaks up over it then someone is serious about either overturning the vote or they just want to indulge in a higher degree of theater than normal.
                            I'd love an operatunafish to try your recommended observational protocols, but, Alas!, Pence had to be hustled away, and senators and congressfolk have been instructed to prepare to duck and cover, while staffers have locked themselves in assorted offices.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love an operatunafish to try your recommended observational protocols, but, Alas!, Pence had to be hustled away, and senators and congressfolk have been instructed to prepare to duck and cover, while staffers have locked themselves in assorted offices.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That's alright. They already had gone straight for crazy ass written objections which lead to Mitch McConnell speaking on the Senate floor of the dangers associated with the legislature overturning what is not a particularly close election. I'm actually refraining from saying anything cruel about Mitch for at least the rest of the day unless he does something new and spectacularly infuriating because of it.

Comment

Yeah, Mitch...

'Course he also blamed it alllll on the Democrats, but at least it was politics-as-usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X