This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All the things COVID-19

Welcome to Mississippi gentlemen! Or as KP said welcome to the deep south. I'm kind of at a loss. It's a whole new world for me and I am doing my best to not catch the crazies.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Best of luck on avoiding the crazy. I'm considering beating my head into a wall till blunt force trauma makes me forget that significant numbers of nominal Christians want to do stupid shit because they can't be ***ed to understand their own doctrine but that might interfere with my ability to play video games so it's probably a bad idea.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Security guard in Flint, Mi shot for telling a customer to wear a mouth covering.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That is absolute insanity.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

One good thing that's come from this is that I could do a "virtual visit" with my Dr. for a well-check. The app was easy to set up, and everything worked well. I'd rather not go into a waiting room and come home with something, Corona or other, that I didn't have when I got there! So, everyone's being encouraged to try this.

Other than that, I'm kinda dreading the next few weeks when numbers will come in on all these idiots who've been protesting & stuff. And I got my stimulus check today.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Security guard in Flint, Mi shot for telling a customer to wear a mouth covering.
              Kinda related, but I had the stupid idea of looking up articles on that and sharing one of them on Facebook. Now I know several... friends... of mine are racists against blacks...

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

perhaps the solution B. De.?
                If we start a conspiracy theory that COVID-19 turns you gay, would Republicans stay home?

Last edited by anunitu; 05 May 2020, 09:04.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                  Kinda related, but I had the stupid idea of looking up articles on that and sharing one of them on Facebook. Now I know several... friends... of mine are racists against blacks...
                  I'm sorry Sean, that's a hard thing to learn and take in.

Thursday restaurants open to allowing 50% occupancy for dine in. We are staying closed until at least the beginning of June. And Tate Reeves has decided that he misses sports so he has upped the max number of people in a group to 20 so kids can play little league... Our case count and deaths are rising daily.

Also KP and I talked today and we will not be allowing Monster to attend preschool this next school year.

Comment

It doesn't take a few brain cells to realize that reopening everything during a pandemic is a risk to your health and everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      Also KP and I talked today and we will not be allowing Monster to attend preschool this next school year.
                      Yes - if it were me, I would not send my child to school until there is a vacine.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Yes - if it were me, I would not send my child to school until there is a vacine.
                        Agreed, he won't be missing anything by not attending this year. We were doing so he could socialize. He'll be just fine to wait a little longer.

Comment

People I know were forwarding that "Plandemic" video around. I think it's been removed by now. It's amazing what some folks will latch onto and believe. I guess everyone's scared, deep inside, and trying to cling to whatever their normal is.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

We've been debating homeschooling Nova next year if they have school because we don't really want her going back before this is resolved. But if we pull her for next year, we likely won't be able to get her back in her current school. It's a magnet school and we've moved out of the district this year. Since she went last year, she can continue, but we'll have to go through the lottery if we pull her when we do want her to go back. It kinda sucks.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                              We've been debating homeschooling Nova next year if they have school because we don't really want her going back before this is resolved. But if we pull her for next year, we likely won't be able to get her back in her current school. It's a magnet school and we've moved out of the district this year. Since she went last year, she can continue, but we'll have to go through the lottery if we pull her when we do want her to go back. It kinda sucks.
                              Surely they will make allowances for this situation. You can not expect parents to send children to school with so much uncertainty? Monsters preschool I had wait in line and hope I got there early enough for him to get in. I'll loose his spot next year and find him something else.

In other news I spoke to my mother yesterday(she lives in Texas) and it took every once of my strength to not blow up on her. She is severely immune-compromised. She's got ITP short version her white blood cells attack her red blood cells, which means her blood doesn't clot if she starts to bleed. A paper cut could theoretically cause her to bleed to death. And do you know what the damn woman was doing when I called?!?!?!?!?! She was at a bloody Mexican restaurant trying their cheese enchiladas!!!!! Because it's all a hoax!!! You can't ever have any major surgery, ever because you will die! Your doctors insist you get the flu shot because it could kill you easily and you are at a Mexican restaurant because you think COVID-19 is a hoax? I very politely ended the conversation and screamed a whole lot.

A good thing out of COVID-19 that Mississippi Ag Commissioner has setup a site for people to buy directly from Mississippi farmers. This includes: beef, pork, poultry, dairy, eggs, horticulture, fruits and veggies!

Comment

I got wonderful and funny news Vice President Mike Pence got the coronavirus.

Comment

Working...
                                X