Curious for answers and help anyone can give

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious for answers and help anyone can give

I believe the horned God has presented himself to me.
    He came to me in a dream that I cannot shake. I saw the image of his face, he was silhouetted by the full sun behind his head, he had Ram horns coming out of his head and glowing eyes.
    I've spoken to a friend about this, and she suggested that he has come to me due to my love of nature and she then directed me to this forum.
    I'm unsure what to do next, and am open to suggestions or insights.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Curious for answers and help anyone can give

Hi lizzdee123,
    Do you mean the Green Man? Cernunnos?
    Probably wants a relationship with you, that's why any deity would come in a dream out of nowhere.
    Start by just talking to him, asking what he wants you to know, or what he wants of you.
    You say you love nature... gardening? hiking?
    Maybe most importantly how do you feel about this? Happy? Relieved? Don't care?
    Last edited by Guest; 14 May 2020, 15:34.

Comment

ok lets discuss your imagery here for a bit first.

The most visible is "Ram" horns. That actually removes most of the established horned gods from the listing as they have "Antlers" not "Ram" dressings. Cernunnos who is the most referenced for the horned god figure definitely is shown with Antlers vice bovine type horns. Your other figures that have similar "Wild Hunt" type imagery also have the "Antler" type head-dress imagery as well. Doesn't matter whether it be a Herne the Hunter type figure or an Odin type Figure. Even when you cross over into a more forest type figure such as the Greenman, the Oak King or Holy King they have foliage faces any any horn like presence is more due to leaf placement or pine cone or holy berry placement.

The main godlike figure that comes close to having a bovine type horn(s) would be "Pan" from Hellene (Greek) mythology. He being one of the Satyr's which places him in the nature beings category. With his pipes and seduction there is a slight connection to the sun via competition with the god Apollo. The glowing eyes also has some support in his mythology as part of his ability to enchant / seduce with his pips & song.

As to why he / she / it would appear to you in a dream is harder to answer. You don't mention what you've been reading or doing. In many instances a divinity calls because you call out to them in some capacity. Another reason could be imagination, you read about something and your subconscious makes it happen via dreamtime. More often than people like to admit your own mind will give you what you think about.

Presuming its not imagination then what do you do. Well first accept that just because someone looked in doesn't mean they actually want you. It's like talking to someone on the phone. A wrong call doesn't mean you'll get called back. Sometimes people call just to find out about you and see if you are interesting or warrant further attention.

If they do desire further contact then expect to see other indicators they are interested in you. Names will pop up, often over and over. Many times similar images or concepts will also frequently show up again and again. It might be stories, songs, idea's that are the same. It might be things in dreams that seem unimportant but play over and over. Things like the same time on a clock, animals in the background, repeating colors or shapes, etc. it won't always be in your face things as it will be testing to see how observant you are.

One big thing I'd advise is don't be so open and trusting that you have to allow your brain to fall out in order to believe and accept what is going on.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Just as additional information for consideration you have to add Baphomet or the Goat of Mendes. (poss the same but not certain) Baphomet is a Deity / demonic figure that is associated with the Knights Templar, Witchcraft, Satanism and Occultism. He is also a figure that is goat headed but possess bovine type horns and at times is depicted as being crowned with sunlight or flames between his horns depending upon how he is depicted.

Comment

Hi ingridstjerne247! Thanks for your reply. I'd say I'm quite excited and curious. I said the horned god as that's what came up when I tried to research it. My love of nature is more observational than anything, like bird watching etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Monsno_leedra Thanks for giving such a detailed response! You've given me a lot to think about! I will wait to see if anything further comes up whilst doing more research.
          Last edited by lizzdee123; 15 May 2020, 11:43.

Comment

Again for consideration and thought provoking.

Nature has a masculine and feminine side. Many times, especially within the pagan community, people use a horned image figure to represent the masculine side side of nature. In that representation the horned or antlered figure is not specifically a divinity figure but is masculine figure. You see it at times in folk dances as the antlered headed figure for instance. So seeing an horned or antlered figure don't automatically assume it's a god figure and not an anthropomorphic idea of the masculine side of nature.

There is sort of a feminine image that is occasionally referenced. That is the Sheela (Sheila)-na-gig. Well actually there are two feminine figures as there is also a greenwoman figure who is a opposite to the greenman figure but she is not found that often. The Sheela(Sheila) is usually carved into stone and is an image of a woman with an enlarged Vulva being held apart with her hands. Wiki is not the best reference but it's a start

Comment

Glad to hear! I just want to add this: don't get too bogged down with research and what other people have written... gods and others spirits (and more) prefer one on one/personal interaction, finding info on your own like intuition and communication with them. That sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ingridstjerne257 View Post
                Glad to hear! I just want to add this: don't get too bogged down with research and what other people have written... gods and others spirits (and more) prefer one on one/personal interaction, finding info on your own like intuition and communication with them. That sort of thing.
                Research and scholarship where available adds legitimacy to pagan traditions and some sense of consistency in a community that has little.

As well I'd think if you just want personal experience you can use your own, rather than seek the insights of others.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm going to contradict the prior poster here,ingridstjerne257 . Let me preface this with the fact I'm 61 and have been on this path since I was 12 so take that for what it's worth.

There is basically three types of information. There is UPG (unprovable / Unverifiable Personal Gnosis), SPG (Shared Personal Gnosis) and VPG / CPG Verified or Confirmed Personal Gnosis. UPG is something that is basically unique to yourself and your own belief system. It can't be contested or debated because it can not be disproven or proven. It's like saying your divinity wants you to sit in a tub of hot water and make offerings of hot chocolate to them while praying. It can't be proven or disproven but it is something you claim your divinity figure has told you to do or wants from you. SPG is something that you can say is something that you can show is not only done by you but is also shared with someone else. It might be a belief or idea about any aspect of your belief or your divinity. It can't specifictly be proven by fact but two or more people share the exact or nearly exact same things. Then VPG / CPG are idea's that you can confirm or verify with some historical / mythological record as to it happening as you believe.

In most practices your going to take that intuition and try to move it from UPG to SPG to VPG. Share it with other people to get input about it and see it if actually makes sense against your divinity and expectations. Expectations is often critical in the mixture when things get going because frankly its the difference between deception and letting our brains fall out to make it work.

That's where tricksters, charlatans and all that sort of things comes into play at. People like to think if something appears before them or in their dreams it has to be a divinity. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. There are many things that come to people appearing to be "Divine". That doesn't even touch upon the "Shadow Self" that resides within their own mindscape. It doesn't touch upon the charlatan's waiting in the wings who for the price of a few dollars will reveal their past, future or whatever their heart desires. Cold readers, body language readers, mood readers, the list goes on and on and the web is full of them and has been for many years. That also doesn't things like Constructs such as Servitors, Egregore who've gone free roam, Imps and other trickster's who try to pass themselves off as great and powerful things. All promising you things, telling you what you want or saying they will do this or that. Many having a bit of knowledge but not a whole lot or capable of delivering small things but not great things. BUt also often wanting you to listen only to them because seclusion and restriction keeps them in control and you in the blind.

In my personal experience when an entity has wanted you to find info through them only and one on one you've been dealing with something minor and an imitator not a divinity. Divinities have many facets to their identities and in my experience have demanded you seek those facets out to know them. Imitators tend to be shallow and try their hardest to stay hidden and strive to keep you from seeking info because it reveals them.

I will add though don't get so bogged down in research that you forget to actually practice your spirituality / belief system. It's one thing to read about being a witch or a priestess its entirely another to actually go out and be a practicing witch or priestess. Your research and beliefs have to be balanced between belief and actions.
                  Last edited by monsno_leedra; 15 May 2020, 20:00.

Comment

Thank you everyone.
                    I won't get bogged down in the research, but will only do enough to satisfy my curiosity. I'm going to spend some more time outdoors. ��

Comment

Working...
                    X