Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Riots in response to George Floyd's Murder

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I hope things stay calm overnight tonight. I'm in a state of disbelief about the whole photo op at the church/summon the military thing. We're so close to dictatorship now it's absurd. I mean, I understand the need to stop rioters, etc., but he just keeps pushing the envelope further each day.
    The only thing saving us from dictatorship at present is the peaceful protesters.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think that the incompetence of the would-be dictator helps a bit too.

The sheer stupidity of evil has probably saved humanity from more misery than all intentional acts of good combined.
      Last edited by Rhythm; 03 Jun 2020, 07:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
        I think that the incompetence of the would-be dictator helps a bit too.

The sheer stupidity of evil has probably saved humanity from more misery than all intentional acts of good combined.
        Absolutely. We're lucky we got a dumbass dictator rather than a Putin.

However, just at the point where I have lost all faith in the American goobermint, I have a newly found faith in American citizens; those who refuse to sit down and shut up.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Did anyone watch George Floyd Memorial Service today? It was wonderful.

Comment

Did everyone see General Milley apologized for being in Trumps Bible photo-op? I was very impressed he did that.
            America’s top general has apologized for appearing in a photo-op with President Donald Trump following the forceful dispersal of peaceful protesters outside the White House last week, calling the move a “mistake” and saying his presence “created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

- - - Updated - - -

Did everyone see General Milley apologized for being in Trumps Bible photo-op? I was very impressed he did that.
            America’s top general has apologized for appearing in a photo-op with President Donald Trump following the forceful dispersal of peaceful protesters outside the White House last week, calling the move a “mistake” and saying his presence “created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Rats jump ship.

If you look at the text of his apology it's less than impressive. He apologized for being in a photo, he said, because it created the impression(tm) that the military was involved in domestic politics. Maybe people have that impression(tm) because of the troops deployed as qrf in the us? He was only apologizing for having been caught doing what he was doing, not for doing it. He even managed to call the audience for his apology dummies, and insisted that he had learned from this and would try harder not to give dummies the wrong impression(tm) in the future.

Classic officer nonpology. When he said he was wrong, he was speaking about the tactical mistake of having been caught by forward observers.
              Last edited by Rhythm; 12 Jun 2020, 05:52.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                Military leaders are signalling to citizens that they will not go where tRump wants them to go. This is a thing that is good.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Military leaders are signalling to citizens that they will not go where tRump wants them to go. This is a thing that is good.
                  Eh, sort of. The President has a decent amount of leeway in controlling the military (because under most conditions, you want civilian control over the people with shooty things). If Trump really focuses then he'll probably get the military to do a lot of things they don't want to do. What military leaders are willing to do is make him work for every last inch on things they disagree with and maybe slow him down enough that we'll reach the end of his term before they get backed too far into a corner.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

There is a stop gap called the UCMJ that would kick in if there were an unlawful order UCMJ universal code of military justice in boot we had to memorise it and quote from it to our leaders it governs members rights and the issue of justice if you break the rules

- - - Updated - - -

there is also the swearing to uphold the constitution that is the members main duty even over
                    the prez lawful order is the issue
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

No soldier is empowered to follow an unlawful order. If they follow an unlawful order, they will be prosecuted under military law, with no assumption of innocence.

All enemies, foreign and domestic. Hooah!~
                      Last edited by Rhythm; 13 Jun 2020, 10:33.

Comment

No sooner has Mr. Floyd been laid to rest than there's another case, a Mr. Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta GA. It's all so awful.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

We do seem to be stuck in the worst timeline.

Comment

yes i had hoped for a much better year
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              yes i had hoped for a much better year
                              But wait! There's more!

Act now and get one official U.S. Constitution (shredded), an ongoing plague that has - so far - killed 120,000 unarmed Americans, and one Roman-style mad emperor, all for the single low price of your equanimity!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                                But wait! There's more!

Act now and get one official U.S. Constitution (shredded), an ongoing plague that has - so far - killed 120,000 unarmed Americans, and one Roman-style mad emperor, all for the single low price of your equanimity!
                                Oh look! I'm quoting myself!

...so, speaking of shredded constitutions, Federal Forces, without identification, are arresting random people in Porrtland, retaining them without making their "crime" clear, and taking them away in unmarked vans.

WTF?!

US attorney requests DHS investigation after video shows masked, camouflaged federal authorities arresting protesters in Portland

Comment

Working...
                                X