another old-timer dropping by for a grateful hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another old-timer dropping by for a grateful hello

This forum helped me get through college and the early days of my path. I've come by now and again in the intervening years just to say hi, to see familiar names still hanging out and to smile at the liveliness of new posts from people I've never met. I'm so grateful that this community is still here.

I'm ensconced in the northern California Pagan community now, with all its passion and depth and texture and, on more occasion than perhaps we would like, drama. I'm a priestess in an eclectic public-facing coven (that draws heavily on Reclaiming and on Wicca), and part of a couple of networks of Pagans in helping professions or otherwise providing community care in some form. I'm a hospice chaplain, and have also served in a variety of other institutional settings. I have a wonderful family (no kids yet), a garden, and a small library of religion and scifi/fantasy books. I've got some chronic health issues I struggle with, and blessedly, good medical care to support me.

Artemis is my patron, and I am dedicated also to Arianrhod, Hestia, Hekate, and the Matronae. I offer thanks to my goddesses who brought me to this point in my life.

I don't know that I will be around much... I continue to be a cat, and my life is full to brimming. But I was thinking of you all tonight and it made me smile, and I wanted to say hello.

In these times--may you stay safe and healthy. Stay grounded. Stay sane and connected to people you love. Stay rooted in your sense of what is just, and keenly aware of the human dignity of others.
    “If it’s a good idea and it gets you excited, try it, and if it bursts into flames, that’s going to be exciting too. People always ask, ‘What is your greatest failure?’ I always have the same answer — We’re working on it right now, it’s gonna be awesome!”- Jim Coudal

Re: another old-timer dropping by for a grateful hello

Welcome Back!!!
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello again!
      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome back! It's so great to see you. Sorry for my belated reply.
        “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Gwen! Hi - welcome back
          “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
            X