Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Got my bluetooth speaker working,and learned how to go back to my wired speakers)(two bose) the bluetooth has a nice sound too also got bonephone earphones.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bone-Cond...0aAssrEALw_wcB

they also have a mike built in
    Last edited by anunitu; 19 Jul 2020 at 10:16.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    Got my bluetooth speaker working,and learned how to go back to my wired speakers)(two bose) the bluetooth has a nice sound too also got bonephone earphones.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bone-Cond...0aAssrEALw_wcB

they also have a mike built in
    What do you think of the bone conduction headphones? I have seen ads about them and find the concept very interesting.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

when i get them set up i will report back

witchvox

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

I'm day 12 into my self- isolation and I think I've actually gone crazy.

I'm home for a month, but have to quarantine for the first two weeks of it. It was fine while I was here with a friend, but they've gone on a paddling trip, and I've just been house-sitting for the last week. Except for one friend who stops by every day or so to yell at me from across the yard, I haven't spoken to a real-life human-in-the-flesh in a week and I might actually be going crazy.

I had a meltdown last night on the phone because I'm old. It came out of nowhere. (I'm 33, and I'm not old - but I'm not exactly young either and it is very troublesome for me)

three more days of iso and I can be a real person in the real world again.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

When we stand atop the mount of truth,casting shadows against the brittle dawn
    as light rises to the moment of beginnings of mortal valley of pain, in broken visions of solidarity
    as we attempt to bond our blessings together and love one another above this mortal coil conjoined by sanity's reason, moments bought by seasons of hate and division,may now fly away into our crystal memory brittle shards lost to our mortal seasons of deception.

Anunitu(C)2020

written for John LEWIS
    Last edited by anunitu; 26 Jul 2020 at 08:19.

witchvox

Jun 2020
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Phrase
    (Dela) Cruzin' for Josh.

I need to get an iPad stylus with a thinner tip.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

I've tried all of Facebook. Let delve into your minds. Historically accurate account of Abrahamic faiths, preferably for children. We're studying ancient history at home this year. Obviously the Abrahamic religions ar real things that started sometime in ancient history. Finding anything that talks about what's actually supported historically and isn't just a bible myth is proving impossible.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    I've tried all of Facebook. Let delve into your minds. Historically accurate account of Abrahamic faiths, preferably for children. We're studying ancient history at home this year. Obviously the Abrahamic religions ar real things that started sometime in ancient history. Finding anything that talks about what's actually supported historically and isn't just a bible myth is proving impossible.
    Try https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/magazines/
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

That's kinda the opposite of the direction I wanna go. I don't want something that looks at the Bible, Torah, etc. and then goes looking to prove it true. I want something that only talks about the things known to have existed because there's clear archeological records. Does that make sense?
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

It certainly does. Understanding the historic development (and study) of a belief is a separate question from it's existential (or metaphoric) truth. It's tough to find any of this stuff that's useful for kids.

Left field, can I suggest Motel of Mysteries by David Macauley, as an intro?

It is the year 4022; all of the ancient country of Usa has been buried under many feet of detritus from a catastrophe that occurred back in 1985. Imagine, then, the excitement that Howard Carson, an amateur archeologist at best, experienced when in crossing the perimeter of an abandoned excavation site he felt the ground give way beneath him and found himself at the bottom of a shaft, which, judging from the DO NOT DISTURB sign hanging from an archaic doorknob, was clearly the entrance to a still-sealed burial chamber. Carson's incredible discoveries, including the remains of two bodies, one of then on a ceremonial bed facing an altar that appeared to be a means of communicating with the Gods and the other lying in a porcelain sarcophagus in the Inner Chamber, permitted him to piece together the whole fabric of that extraordinary civilization.

IDK how old your kids are, but this book flat out changed my life when I was an early middle schooler...because it changed my thoughts.

David Macaulay (born 2 December 1946)[1] is a British-born American illustrator and writer. His works include Cathedral (1973), The Way Things Work (1988) and The New Way Things Work (1998). His illustrations have been featured in nonfiction books combining text and illustrations explaining architecture, design and engineering, and he has written a number of children's fiction books. Macaulay was a 2006 recipient of a MacArthur Fellows Program award and received the Caldecott Medal in 1991 for Black and White (1990).
    Last edited by Rhythm; 10 Aug 2020 at 10:49.