Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    i would love to be with my two grand kids,my gd Lucy is turning 13 very soon
    It's fun, but somewhat difficult. I've forgotten how intense it is to herd two human puppies.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am thinking about football - I am a diehard fan - I don't follow college much - I like the pros - I am originally from Baltimore so I love the Ravens and love the Colts - I also love the Saints - I try hard to like the Dolphins since I have lived in South Florida for 20 years - but they make it very difficult... I love football so much that I feel a minor onset of depression come on during the off season - GO FOOTBALL

Comment

I think I'm incapable of writing short responses and I wonder if being overly verbose hurts the quality of my writing.
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          I think I'm incapable of writing short responses and I wonder if being overly verbose hurts the quality of my writing.
          Your long answers are frequently informative though. It'd be more concerning if you frequently used half a page to convey a line of useful data but you are generally
          A. Informative and
          B. Coherent
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well, grandkids is gone home. Their mom was crying every night without them.

So Monday, we sent them home, but my g-daughter went to day care, which was then closed for infection. Now my daughter isn't sure if she can go to work until the tracers contact her.

2020 sucks.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Well, grandkids are gone home. Their mom was crying every night without them.

So Monday, we sent them home, but my g-daughter went to daycare, which was then closed for infection. Now my daughter isn't sure if she can go to work until the tracers contact her.

2020 sucks.
              I know right? I hate this year as well. I can't even go to the Halloween Parade this year because of that stupid coronavirus.

Comment

I'm guest speaking for a university lecture later this week on the history of witchcraft and the pagan revival and I'm pretty stoked.
                Circe

Comment

I'm guest speaking for a university lecture later this week on the history of witchcraft and the pagan revival and I'm pretty stoked.
                  That's really great!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

That's so cool!

Comment

Thinking it's been a rough few weeks now.

Saturday my father (82) was rushed to the emergency room again. He suffered a 2nd stroke and was admitted to the hospital. So since the 8th of October he's underwent surgery on his back and has had 2 strokes and been in the ICU 3 times now. Still uncertain of the total effects of the 1st stroke upon his body due to the after effects of the operation. Basically had surgery on the 8th then had the 1st stroke on the 10th while in recovery in the hospital.

Now he is fighting pneumonia, bladder infection and the second stroke. Took him to the emergency room since he's using a catheter and can't walk on his own. That's the reason for the bladder infection as he fights against that. That's how we discovered he has blood clots again in his urine. The hospital flushed the catheter and his bladder out and sent him home. Put him on a blood thinner. 2 days later the 2nd stroke. Back to the ER and into ICU. This on call doctor saying they never should have released him to begin with.

My sister who lives with my parents has her hands full. My mother has dementia and alzheimer's. So her family is close by to help them out. Yet it's still hard as Mom doesn't handle Dad's absence real well. Mom handles it worse when both Dad and my Sister are both gone. So my Brother-in-Law spends time at the hospital with Dad and they alternate. Of course with Covid only 1 person can be there anyway. After 9 no one is allowed to be there. I live 2.5 hours away one way with our 3 grandchildren. So can only do things on the weekends.

Hopefully Dad will be released on Thursday as projected. But still don't know what the long term effects will be, only time will tell. Until then still trying to sort out what is from operation, what is from stroke, what is from pneumonia, what is from infection, what is from fever, what is from fever induced delusion, etc. Then we can figure out how to move forward.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that your family is going through this. Best wishes!

Comment

That's a lotta stuff to handle. Hope it all works out well.
                          sigpic

Comment

WHOA

(so cool)

Mostly art.

Comment

No power. 30 F outside. Third wave of ice storms in progress.
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                                No power. 30 F outside. Third wave of ice storms in progress.
                                Ugh. My cousin lives in OKC and it's a mess. Hope they get your power back on soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X