Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I'm reading Medea for the first time. I think Euripides is my new favorite old Greek dude. I know the myth, but the way he tries to reframe the Greek cultural values to make Medea sympathetic even despite her being a foreign woman who commits infanticide is pretty coy. He's pretty well known for his proto feminist works, but I feel it's on display very well in this play.
    Circe

Comment

I'm not celebrating Independence Day until November, if then.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        I have a bottle of Tequila that I might just get into that day. Whether it's out of celebration or despair remains to be seen.

Oh and now we have Kanye.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

There's new junk in Netflix.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

For a holiday weekend, the supply of hellspawned locusts customers was actually limited. It only took a pandemic and state of emergency to pull off but still, the past two days were quiet. Granted, with current policies, if they were anything but quiet then I might have lost my job after exploding at hellspawned locusts customers but I'll take my silver linings where I can get them.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

We have one of those spots in our house that seem haunted. Chills, feeling of someone watching, sound of footsteps when you can physically see that there is no one there, pictures falling off walls, etc. We have gone through feeling creeped out, seeking out scientific explanations, anger and irritation, amusement, and just general acceptance. It is so hot here right now that I found myself standing there saying "Go ahead, how about a chill". It worked! Also made me feel pretty darn witchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                We have one of those spots in our house that seem haunted. Chills, feeling of someone watching, sound of footsteps when you can physically see that there is no one there, pictures falling off walls, etc. We have gone through feeling creeped out, seeking out scientific explanations, anger and irritation, amusement, and just general acceptance. It is so hot here right now that I found myself standing there saying "Go ahead, how about a chill". It worked! Also made me feel pretty darn witchy.
                Great place to put the chair nobody likes to sit in...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                Great place to put the chair nobody likes to sit in...

Comment

We didn't either!! So in November I'll join you on celebrating something.

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't either!! So in November I'll join you on celebrating something.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Somebody described Joshy as "smelling like hot cinnamon tea and a fresh autumn breeze," and I just about melted from the accuracy. TLDR; headcanon accepted.

Comment

I miss anubisa. She always critiques my stories.

Comment

My girls have started laying!! I've got fresh eggs and I am so excited.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                          My girls have started laying!! I've got fresh eggs and I am so excited.
                          Yay! Eggy-weggies!

Comment

Every once in a while, I'm reminded how entertaining tech can be.

Also planning gifts for the family.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've been playing my solo Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 game by the last few days and it's very easy for me to play it. Also I'm having a great time playing the game.

Comment

I'm in some witchy discord servers and the latest "news" is that someone on tiktok tried to hex the moon. Now like a dozen people are like "Artemis is hurt! She is in pain! Apollo is pissed!!" While I'm trying to explain that it is the moon and Artemis is a goddess and the entire thing is bizzare. Like, threefold Diana is my primary deity and they seemed pretty adamant, so I did some divination, some praying, and only got good signs. Also it's also the moon
                                Last edited by Corvus; 19 Jul 2020, 09:45.
                                Circe

Comment

Working...
                                X