Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v3)

Hey everybody. Today I went to Barnes & Noble to get Cartomancy: The Art Of Fortune Telling With Playing Cards, A Beginner's Guide To Predicting The Future With Ordinary Playing Cards By Sophia Buckland in Nook. It's all in one title just to let you know.

Comment

I'm taking a classics class in my last semester (funny how I have taken one class for my major in three years). The syllabus has a bunch of my favorite works. Many are expected like Troystory, Medea, the Bacchae, and then theyve got Song of Achilles which I own a signed copy of that sometimes occupies a place in a literal shrine and have read like a dozen times. I wanted to take a creative writing class and this was my, like, third backup, and I'm ecstatic at how it's worked out. I'm very excited.
      Circe

Comment

Sounds good! Enjoy!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I finally got the Robin Wood Tarot yesterday at Barnes & Noble which I order at Barnes & Noble last Monday on the phone.

Comment

I just saw a post about the Green Man, reminded me of a festival we went to when i was younger and someone dressed up in a massive Green Man costume scared me to death i refused to walk in a 10 foot radius of him... :lol:

Comment

"Business casual" is the vaguest, least sensical description in every dress code

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
                "Business casual" is the vaguest, least sensical description in every dress code
                Dress like you would for business formal, then don't wear the jacket.

On a different note. I had four fillings yesterday. One of them has me in enough pain I went to urgent care last night. And I'll be back at the dentist today. I'm supposed to be getting a root canal later this week... I may end up needing 2. Or just having my upper back two molars pulled.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Elder scrolls enchanting is creepy af and may actually fit one of my few standards of, "shoot the bastard on sight regardless of their excuses" in any setting where that doesn't require me to spill literal rivers of blood. This is mildly annoying because being able to build enchanted items would be really useful.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Anyway on Monday, I went to Barnes & Noble bookstore and I brought the Wizards Tarot Deck.

Comment

Had my first shift at my new job today. I am so, so tired. Not sure how my hands are gonna survive disinfecting every 2 minutes, but I have to. Working in a testing facility is a bit rough. But people are generally pretty nice when they come though, we're just run off our feet. At no point today was there not a line stretching down the road.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I've been applying to a bunch of jobs trying to utilize my new degree, and I've gotten one interview, but only the one. It seemed to go well so I'm hoping for a call back, its still my first choice job.

I've had this awful burning-needly sensation on the palm of one hand for much of the day. I had thought it was something about the radish I was cutting, but a few washes and it still hurts something fierce, like I've got a bad sunburn. No redness or irritation I can see though. Maybe I just slept on it weird.
                        Circe

Comment

My family is being ripped apart by something as minor as my chosen profession. My in laws have decided that I’m deep state, and apparently don’t want to be around my family…including their kids…and all for the unforgivable sin of helping tobacco farmers grow sugar baby melons. I.,…can’t…..even, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
                            My family is being ripped apart by something as minor as my chosen profession. My in laws have decided that I’m deep state, and apparently don’t want to be around my family…including their kids…and all for the unforgivable sin of helping tobacco farmers grow sugar baby melons. I.,…can’t…..even, right now.
                            I'm sorry to hear that. Family can be a pain sometimes that you need to walk away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
                              What in the ****?

Family rifts, I get. There are specific members of my family who are unlikely to exchange more than 100 words with each other in the next 10 years (and even that would require extreme circumstances). Family rifts over crop choice...

I....

Yeah, all I've got is that I hope people come to their senses and to wish you luck. That's insane.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

- - - Updated - - -
                                Last edited by Rhythm; 14 Jul 2021, 12:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X