New Rant Thread X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

I find myself getting increasingly angry. Many folks I know are well aware of the pandemic, etc., and say they're doing all the right things, but they're all going to some kind of Christmas gathering. They think their sainted grandchildren couldn't possibly spread disease. Ugh.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

First, we get the post Thanksgiving cooties rush for Christmas.

Then, we get the post-Christmas rush during the second week of 2021, quickly followed by the post-New Years Day rush the next week.

I currently know 6 people with the cootie, and two of them are hospitalized right now.

Yet the lemmings still fling themselves from cliffs.

I do not intend to sober up until the bodies have been hustled away. I'm floating in my tin can...
      Last edited by B. de Corbin; 24 Dec 2020, 14:26.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh, I wasn't even thinking as far ahead as New Years...they'll all be drunk and spreading germs like wildfire! Ugh.
        sigpic

Comment

its almost the 100 year of the 1918 flu right?
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

just a heads up someone in my senior building came up positive for the virus.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              just a heads up someone in my senior building came up positive for the virus.
              Hang tough, hopefully it will pass you by or you'll quickly recover if you should be exposed and catch it.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                I find myself getting increasingly angry. Many folks I know are well aware of the pandemic, etc., and say they're doing all the right things, but they're all going to some kind of Christmas gathering. They think their sainted grandchildren couldn't possibly spread disease. Ugh.
                I want to slap everyone in my family. Holidays were a running inner monologue of "Sir. You are middle aged and have asthma. Why are you inviting people to cross state lines to eat at a restaurant without a mask?"

It's disenheartening knowing that no matter how careful I am, either way I'm going from a job that doesn't do masks or contact tracing, to a house that doesn't do masks or social distancing, in a town that exempted itself from the state lockdown. ��

Comment

So, due to various ***** deciding to answer being told to wear a mask or not enter a store, by coming back to the store that booted them with a gun, the company I work for explicitly forbids us from refusing service or otherwise penalizing customers who decide that State of Emergency regs are merely guidelines. Show up without a mask and someone will offer you a disposable one for free but we can't compel you to use it. I get the logic behind this, the company would prefer to risk Corona than risk some **** for brains deciding to shoot its staff. This does not mean that any of us appreciate it when you make a point of refusing the free mask we offer you in the most ***holish way you know how.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    So, due to various ***** deciding to answer being told to wear a mask or not enter a store, by coming back to the store that booted them with a gun, the company I work for explicitly forbids us from refusing service or otherwise penalizing customers who decide that State of Emergency regs are merely guidelines. Show up without a mask and someone will offer you a disposable one for free but we can't compel you to use it. I get the logic behind this, the company would prefer to risk Corona than risk some **** for brains deciding to shoot its staff. This does not mean that any of us appreciate it when you make a point of refusing the free mask we offer you in the most ***holish way you know how.
                    Dear lord! Are people that crazy to do that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                      Dear lord! Are people that crazy to do that?!
                      Yeah. I switched from Wal-Mart to Meijer because only about 50% of Wal-Mart customers wear a mask (over both mouth and nose), but Meijer is closer to 95%.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

There's no neutrality in the Youtube Drama Community.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          That exact thing goes on at the Walmart here. We have very limited shopping choices - unlike where I used to live. When I have to go there, I go early, when it's mostly people my age and up, most of whom do the right thing. We still have people wanting to unseat the mayor because of the mask ordinance. P.S. Your screen name has a whole new connotation now!
                          sigpic

Comment

I will never be a Republican and never associated myself with the Republican because I know how these people operating. They're very closed-minded, hateful, bigoted, and completely idiotic by the way they operated their bullcrap political viewpoint. After I was watching hearing that the Chump supporters rioted the Congress House for the sake of their stupidity, I was asking myself Why?! I'll never comprehend and understand these people. And if anyone in this forum going to tell me to shut up and stop crying like a crybaby, I'm going to keep complaining. I have a right to expressed how I felt and I don't care what everyone else said in this forum. That how I feel about Republicans.

Comment

I'm an Independent. These seditionists aren't Republicans; they're Trumpers. They aren't even Americans; they're Trumpers. I'm hoping they invoke the 25th tonight and put an end to this mess. Two more weeks is too long.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                I'm an Independent. These seditionists aren't Republicans; they're Trumpers. They aren't even Americans; they're Trumpers. I'm hoping they invoke the 25th tonight and put an end to this mess. Two more weeks is too long.
                                They might be delaying purely because Pence has a role as VP during the election certification. I'm not betting on this. I'm not actually sure that Pence and the Cabinet have the balls to invoke the 25th but if I'm wrong and it gets invoked sometime tomorrow once the vote is certified then I'm inclined to go with the position that they're delaying purely so no one has to replace Pence in his role as President of the Senate and presiding officer over the election certification.

Fun news, if they do invoke the 25th then Trump may not even get a chance to contest the matter formally. If the 25th is invoked and Trump contests the matter then both houses of Congress are required to assemble to hear arguments within 48 hours. They are not required to vote that quickly. A vote only has to go through within 21 days or Trump reclaims his seat. Trump's term doesn't have 21 days. If the 25th is invoked and Pelosi and Mitch are pissed off enough then Trump never gets a vote yea or nay from Congress. Pence will just finish out the last two weeks and then both leave while Biden takes office.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X