Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
    Agreed!!! Or hell just one part, no flag is to fly higher then the American flag and only the Texas flag can fly the same heigth, which means all them people can't have that trump flag flying higher the the good ole red, white and blue.
    Oddly enough, while I have issues with the idea of Trump flags over the national flag. My complaint here largely predates Trump's presidency and a lot of people who are guilty of it historically remember the part that the national flag is supposed to fly over the others. What people tend to forget and what I frequently get annoyed about is

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkin or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
    and arguably depending on how one interprets placing it on an overabundance of shirts with pithy sayings (and masks with it now that corona is around*)

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.
    Basically, I'm tired of seeing it used to make money and/or to say, "I'm more patriotic than you." I consider both uses an insult to the flag and a violation of the code that a vast number of uber-patriots will happily remember one piece of while ignoring the rest of.

Quotes are pulled from the American Legion.

* If I wanted to be irrritable about this then I'd add in that using the flag to catch one's spit by wearing it as a mask is also a violation of

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
    and

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Agreed!!! Or hell just one part, no flag is to fly higher then the American flag and only the Texas flag can fly the same heigth, which means all them people can't have that trump flag flying higher the the good ole red, white and blue.
      The one that gets me also is the flag is either always on the speakers right when looking at them or always on its own right. I see them out in fields or other places with party nominee's flags / banners or such and the flag is in the middle or similar. It should always be on its own right and always higher. It's sad when I am in an area where they fly the confederate flag and I see proper flag respect between the flags or they have places where multiple foreign flags are flown and they show proper flag respect. Yet put up political ads and they get it wrong.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

The whole world is so stupid now it doesn't make any sense anymore.

Comment

There some people in other forums who can't grasp a simple clarification even hen I explain very clearly to these people multiple times. It's pretty obvious these idiots want to stir up drama and I'm done wasting my time explaining them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            There some people in other forums who can't grasp a simple clarification even hen I explain very clearly to these people multiple times. It's pretty obvious these idiots want to stir up drama and I'm done wasting my time explaining them again.
            They're trolls. I see it on local Facebook pages all the time.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              They're trolls. I see it on local Facebook pages all the time.
              And they're still doing it. I told them that female reader would be offended by She-Hulk because of their intelligence and anger which I told them that they made a different concept of that and they didn't want an angry and dumb She-Hulk which I explain to them multiple times and I'm not going to waste my time explaining to them. And they want to know why. Like how clearer can I possible to explain these morons about it. So I left the forum and I'm taking a break from that forum for a while as of today.
              Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 03 Nov 2020, 17:09.

Comment

And they're still doing it. I told them that female reader would be offended by She-Hulk because of their intelligence and anger which I told them that they made a different concept of that and they didn't want an angry and dumb She-Hulk which I explain to them multiple times and I'm not going to waste my time explaining to them. And they want to know why. Like how clearer can I possible to explain these morons about it. So I left the forum and I'm taking a break from that forum for a while as of today.
                Yeah. Trolls.

You just want to talk to people, and they want to cut your throat. I will never understand, except that it is always easier to destroy than it is to create. Tearing down others is an act of perversion committed by the pathetic on the naive.

Have you considered just using the ignore feature (if that forum has one) to make it easier to ignore them?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Trolls.

You just want to talk to people, and they want to cut your throat. I will never understand, except that it is always easier to destroy than it is to create. Tearing down others is an act of perversion committed by the pathetic on the naive.

Have you considered just using the ignore feature (if that forum has one) to make it easier to ignore them?
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Yeah. Trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Trolls.

I don't think if there's one in that forum. I just back away and stop replying in that forum because I'm wasting my time to even discussed with these trolls. I got more important things to do in my life now.
                  Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 03 Nov 2020, 23:05.

Comment

I just have a stupid fight with a Facebook friend all because I made a comment on one of his posts saying that I don't watch Netflix because of the Cuties controversy and he thinks that I was making assumptions and putting words in his mouth all because I said that it's sounds like that he was defending the Netflix decision of putting Cuties in their stream. I told him he needs to calm down. This guy got some anger issues.
                    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 05 Dec 2020, 17:53.

Comment

I left an internet forum because I got into an argument with other members of the group. After all, they were telling me that I thin-shaming Eugenia Cooney because of what I said about encouraging her to please eat something, you're beyond thin on a Youtube video, and in my mind, I didn't see any offense at all and the admin was giving me the last warning because I'm getting closed to be banned permanently. Like that forum is very unfair and their rules are so vague and daft all because I speak my mind on a person if I feel that her health was concerning in my eyes and the other members think that I was being disrespectful and offensive to her which I wasn't at all. Like, screw that forum then.

Comment

I left an internet forum because I got into an argument with other members of the group. After all, they were telling me that I thin-shaming Eugenia Cooney because of what I said about encouraging her to please eat something, you're beyond thin on a Youtube video, and in my mind, I didn't see any offense at all and the admin was giving me the last warning because I'm getting closed to be banned permanently. Like that forum is very unfair and their rules are so vague and daft all because I speak my mind on a person if I feel that her health was concerning in my eyes and the other members think that I was being disrespectful and offensive to her which I wasn't at all. Like, screw that forum then.
                        Telling people like Eugenia Cooney to eat something usually goes over about as well as telling a fat person to eat less. It's inappropriate for one, but you don't know the fullest extent of why they are the way they are. Usually comes with a history of being bullied. I happen to know that she received an immense amount of bullying and hate several years ago because of her thinness. She's been seeking help for an eating disorder, as well. I can't speak for the other forum you're referring to; their house, their rules. I would, however, ask that you not make comments like that about Eugenia (or anyone else) here. They can be considered highly offensive, and body shaming. You don't know that there could be people here on this very forum that might be struggling with their weight, and a comment like "eat more" or "eat less" can seriously damage someone's esteem and trigger depression and/or a relapse.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          Telling people like Eugenia Cooney to eat something usually goes over about as well as telling a fat person to eat less. It's inappropriate for one, but you don't know the fullest extent of why they are the way they are. Usually comes with a history of being bullied. I happen to know that she received an immense amount of bullying and hate several years ago because of her thinness. She's been seeking help for an eating disorder, as well. I can't speak for the other forum you're referring to; their house, their rules. I would, however, ask that you not make comments like that about Eugenia (or anyone else) here. They can be considered highly offensive, and body shaming. You don't know that there could be people here on this very forum that might be struggling with their weight, and a comment like "eat more" or "eat less" can seriously damage someone's esteem and trigger depression and/or a relapse.
                          Yes and I'm sorry for that.

Comment

Anyway, I'm having a war against another Youtuber who happens to be an 18-year-old man who watches baby shows such as Barney and The Wiggles. He didn't like my tarot curse videos that I did on him and he took very seriously by making many videos on me ranting and complain since I made so many curse video of every aspect of his life, since as his family, his friends, his girlfriend, his co-workers, and supervisors. Seriously this crybaby has the mind of a newborn baby.
                            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 21 Dec 2020, 23:05.

Comment

Anyway, I'm having a war against another Youtuber who happens to be an 18-year-old man who watches baby shows such as Barney and The Wiggles. He didn't like my tarot curse videos that I did on him and he took very seriously by making many videos on me ranting and complain since I made so many curse video of every aspect of his life, since as his family, his friends, his girlfriend, his co-workers, and supervisors. Seriously this crybaby has the mind of a newborn baby.
                              At the risk of driving myself sane, why the frak are you investing yourself in a feud with a YouTuber?
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                At the risk of driving myself sane, why the frak are you investing yourself in a feud with a YouTuber?
                                I'm known to get into feuds with other Youtubers because I triggered so many people.

Comment

Working...
                                X