Unidentified Arial Phenomenon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unidentified Arial Phenomenon?

Now that the goobermint has disclosed that at least some of those UFO sightings we've been trying to explain away are real, what do you think those thingy-doodles are - unknown tech, alien, interdimensional travelers, etc.?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Unidentified Arial Phenomenon?

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Now that the goobermint has disclosed that at least some of those UFO sightings we've been trying to explain away are real, what do you think those thingy-doodles are - unknown tech, alien, interdimensional travelers, etc.?
    Pizza ingredients. There are rules about exposing earth to super science. Violation gets one invited to an extra-dimensional horror's dinner table. :cthulhu:

The non-pizza answer is likely to be more disappointing than any theories but I'd have to look seriously into the issue to theorize and I'm only mildly interested.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Personally, I think it is Yog-Sothoth attempting to manifest in a 3D+Time, with only wiggly bits showing through.

The stars are close, but not yet right. My fellow rural degenerates and I will be burning hay effigies in bonfires after the first mowing, fer sure.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

In seriousness, it's hard to say. Unidentified means unidentified and it's likely that the documented phenomenon probably have multiple sources. I'm not jumping to aliens, even if my alternative explanation is the pretty flimsy "rare or possibly undocumented atmospheric phenomenon, maybe ball lightning" just due to the total lack of context.
        Circe

Comment

I knew there will be space aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            In seriousness, it's hard to say. Unidentified means unidentified and it's likely that the documented phenomenon probably have multiple sources. I'm not jumping to aliens, even if my alternative explanation is the pretty flimsy "rare or possibly undocumented atmospheric phenomenon, maybe ball lightning" just due to the total lack of context.
            To me, it seems to act more like technology.

My serious guess is that it is experimental non-government technology.

We're used to thinking of governments possessing the best technology due to their financing and ability to claim ownership of new tech before it goes public. However, we are entering a time when private corporations have more cash than governments do, and are acting in many ways as non-official governments.

In other words, what the goobermint don't know is prolly corporate.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post

We're used to thinking of governments possessing the best technology due to their financing and ability to claim ownership of new tech before it goes public. However, we are entering a time when private corporations have more cash than governments do, and are acting in many ways as non-official governments.

Comment

If an intelligent life form is observing us, I'd love to know what their opinion is.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                If an intelligent life form is observing us, I'd love to know what their opinion is.

Comment

Which means "LET'S GET OUTTA HERE!" Haha!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

It could also be an Air Force project that is still tightly classified. We tend to lose sight of it due to the hilarious number of Intel leaks over the past few years but every once in a while, the government can actually keep a secret. If a project is classified high enough then departments investigating odd phenomena may never actually be read in on the fact some of what they're seeing has a very legit explanation and that explanation is above their pay grade.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      It could also be an Air Force project that is still tightly classified. We tend to lose sight of it due to the hilarious number of Intel leaks over the past few years but every once in a while, the government can actually keep a secret. If a project is classified high enough then departments investigating odd phenomena may never actually be read in on the fact some of what they're seeing has a very legit explanation and that explanation is above their pay grade.
                      I could see that.

I would so like it to be something outrageous, though. Something utterly mad to round out my life experiences... In an infinite universe, anything that can happen inevitably will, ya know.

Might as well happen while I'm looking.
                      Last edited by B. de Corbin; 31 May 2021, 17:06.

Comment

[post deleted my user]
                        Last edited by Guest; 28 Sep 2021, 00:14.

Comment

Working...
                        X