The Ancient Festival of Overabundance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancient Festival of Overabundance

For those of us who spend significant portions of our time communing with the macro and micro ecology of a small section of our own personal dirt alter to mother nature, there is a particular annual festival that adopts a myriad of specific forms, yet, at heart, reflects the same basic spiritual concept.

For the purposes of this specific discussion, I will refer to this festival, in all it's forms, as "The Ancient Festival of Overabundance" (TAFO).

It the particular culture in which I was raised, this festival was generally referred to as "Oh s***, more f****** zucchini."

Yeah kids, it's that time of year again. Over the past three days, I've already harvested over 15 lbs of zucchini and summer squash, and our friendly neighbors have given us an additional 5 lbs.

So...

Recipes obviously appreciated.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: The Ancient Festival of Overabundance

Grill those mofo's! Slice into 1/4" slices lengthwise, brush with olive oil and balsamic, grill on high heat til cooked/a little charred on the outside.

IT'S THE BEST

Mostly art.

Comment

We bake ours, usually with garlic paste. Slice, brush with oil, sometimes balsamic, salt, pepper, then bake at 400 for like 40 minutes.
      Circe

Comment

A ratatouille type dish always goes over well for us. And I love summer squash fried.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
        X