New toy - microscope camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New toy - microscope camera

I just got a camera that attaches to my microscopes.

I suspect postings of tiny things will be forthcoming...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: New toy - microscope camera

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    I just got a camera that attaches to my microscopes.

I suspect postings of tiny things will be forthcoming...
    Please do! Are you taking requests?
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      Please do! Are you taking requests?
      Well, I'm hunting water bears and hydra tomorrow, but after that, I'm game!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hydra are so fun and weird! Should find them in any ol' swamp water.

I've never seen a tardegrade in person. Please do share if you find one!

Mostly art.

Comment

I consulted my ancient books of lore, bound in strange leather, and conferred with the ascended masters. All sources described a strange ritual for the collection of Water Bears, wherein the source matter of tardigrades is harvested from dry, primitive plant forms, then blessed with the prime solvent H2seaweed copy.jpg

This specimen has taken on a strangely symmetrical quadratic form where individual entities have bound themselves together for purposes as yet unknown:

quadratic colony copy.jpg

In the unseen unknown there can be great beauty, as an be found in the crystalline hides of these diatoms:

diatom.jpg

nother diatom.jpg

There is also horror beyond conception, captured in this image of a parasitic monstrosity currently residing in a bottle-like container as it awaits its future unwilling host, captured live, for the first time on Pagan Forum:

Due to containment in a spiked bottle-like structure which allows this entity to better lodge in the intestines of it's unsuspecting macro host prior to taking possession and reeking havoc, I have named this creature The Green Djinn.

The unseen world that plays out all around us without our awareness also plays host to strange creatures that lurk about the edges of our perceptions. I briefly caught a glimpse of this entity which is beyond my poor powers of identification. I am referring to it as The Night Gaunt. Be prepared to see by watching the lower right side of this visual record:

Comment

That's so cool!
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I love that stuff! I had a little microscope when I was a kid - it might still be around somewhere - and I remember seeing little thingamabobs moving around.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Well, dammit! The Masters of Disorder have put a halt to the Deeds Expedition.

There was, I think, a power surge last night, and my CD/receiver and laptop are...

...perhaps...

...deceased.

Comment

Working...
                X