Gabby Petito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabby Petito

This whole story "triggered" me pretty badly. I didn't really realize it at first...but that body cam video sent me reeling into my own past. No one has mentioned (that I've seen) this exact thing, but the way she was standing, her hands weren't on her hips but more in front with her fingertips touching - that's something we do to make ourselves look smaller, to disappear, and to protect ourselves. The "regular" hands-on-hips posture is confident and defiant. That girl was being gaslit on multiple levels all over the place and it just poured out of her. I hope they catch they guy, or that he's gator bait already.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: Gabby Petito

I agree with you Hawkfeathers. That bastard deserves his day in court.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

How does a guy show up at M & D's house, driving her van, without her, and the parents don't say "Hey! Where's Gabby?"

What a horror show mess.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Now there's a warrant out for him because apparently he used her debit card or something after her death.
        sigpic

Comment

I find it crazy how this is global sensationalized news, but the thousands of missing and murdered indigenous women over the years never even get a headline.

Society only cares when the missing girl is white.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            I find it crazy how this is global sensationalized news, but the thousands of missing and murdered indigenous women over the years never even get a headline.

Society only cares when the missing girl is white.
            May I suggest an alternate way of interpreting the issue you've seen?

That this young woman captured mass interest while so many others everywhere in the world didn't shows something - but not racism.

Society is not a person, so it doesn't give a bee's boogers about anything. But people do - and the feelings that I, my wife (and Hawk feathers, I think) feel about this shows that people care a lot - even about people they don't know. The outrage over horse cops running down or lashing refugees, mostly Haitians, suggests that this is not a color thing.

So what is up, then?

I think that what I see is that people don't care about things they don't see, but they care about things they do.

All those other missing people? They need somebody to tell their story.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I heard a little bit about the story. Yes, it's a very sensational story.

Comment

Yeah, she was internet-famous, I think. It's like when Kim Kardashian was robbed in her hotel room a few years ago - countless robberies happen every day but if it's someone who already has name recognition, it'll be newsworthy. That murdered little girl Jon Benet Ramsey was well known in the child beauty pageant circuit.

Sometimes a particular case involving an unknown gets attention because something happens as a result of it- Megan's Law for example. I lived in NJ at the time Megan Kanka was killed and so it was on the local news, but this law came from it so the story became more well known. Normally, though, we really only hear certain ones.

Oh and for some dumb reason I watched some of 45's rally the other night, and he said those horse riders at the border "did a great job". So there's that. Now honestly I'm not too sure if there were a bunch of poor white people under a bridge trying to come into the country, the same would have happened or not, but the images the whole mess evoke are horrific and people should really know better than to poke that bear over and over and over....but poke they do.
                sigpic

Comment

Speaking of missing women, here in The Great White North there is an ongoing case in Alpena that you'll never hear about.

Brynn Bills was reported missing by her parents August 8.

Yesterday the police dug up the backyard of registered sex offender (victim age 13-15) named Joshua Wirgau and found her body.

This is life in a small town.

Usually low on murder, but high in all kinds of "in-home" insanity.
                  Last edited by B. de Corbin; 29 Sep 2021, 09:46.

Comment

We have a missing person here as well, Cassie Sheets.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

There are quite a few around here in MO. I've been hearing about Cassidy Rainwater quite a bit and it's a story worthy of Stephen King's imagination. Apparently 2 rural men were keeping her in a cage, and now she's "missing". Her mother also disappeared (in 2007) and her remains were found scattered around the same area.
                      sigpic

Comment

And now, the house (shack) where Cassidy had been held mysteriously burned to the ground while the guy is in jail. There was some kind of trip wire there with a bomb, too. It's the Ozarks Mafia in full form.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X