Happy New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year!

Well technically it's new year's eve, but I wanted to go ahead and wish everyone a Happy New Year! Are you going to make any new resolutions or goals for this year? I know I have a few. Well have a good one everyone!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Happy New Year!

Happy new year everybody. My own resolution is to learn how and build a facility to go full carbon neutral for me and my neighboring producers with our own small scale biodeisel.

Comment

Happy new year.
      I guess try to get my business running so i can stop working jobs that wear me down.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Happy New Year!
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well my resolutions are mostly geared to my health. I am looking forward to realizing my goals in this year. I also hope that this year is brighter than last.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Happy New Year, everyone.

Comment

even though betty white did not make 100,i declare that she gets a mulligan and and she made it by that much!
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Happy 2022 to everyone!
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have some plans for 2022:

My plans:

Start dating a woman
                  Let how to cook and do laundry
                  Get my own home
                  Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 01 Jan 2022, 14:43.

Comment

Good luck on your goals, friends!

I don't know that I'm starting any goals this year, my intentions this year is to rest (treat myself with grace and love) and complete what i've begun already. There's going to be a lot of hardship in my future, so I just want to be happy throughout it.
                    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I found this somewhere on Facebook and really liked it as a kind of New Years Resolution: “Self-care is often a very unbeautiful thing.
                      It is making a spreadsheet of your debt and enforcing a morning routine and cooking yourself healthy meals and no longer just running from your problems and calling the distraction a solution.
                      It is often doing the ugliest thing that you have to do, like sweat through another workout or tell a toxic friend you don’t want to see them anymore or get a second job so you can have a savings account or figure out a way to accept yourself so that you’re not constantly exhausted from trying to be everything, all the time and then needing to take deliberate, mandated breaks from living to do basic things like drop some oil into a bath and read Marie Claire and turn your phone off for the day.
                      A world in which self-care has to be such a trendy topic is a world that is sick. Self-care should not be something we resort to because we are so absolutely exhausted that we need some reprieve from our own relentless internal pressure.
                      True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don’t need to regularly escape from.
                      And that often takes doing the thing you least want to do.
                      It often means looking your failures and disappointments square in the eye and re-strategizing. It is not satiating your immediate desires. It is letting go. It is choosing new. It is disappointing some people. It is making sacrifices for others. It is living a way that other people won’t, so maybe you can live in a way that other people can’t.
                      It is letting yourself be normal. Regular. Unexceptional. It is sometimes having a dirty kitchen and deciding your ultimate goal in life isn’t going to be having abs and keeping up with your fake friends. It is deciding how much of your anxiety comes from not actualizing your latent potential, and how much comes from the way you were being trained to think before you even knew what was happening.
                      If you find yourself having to regularly indulge in consumer self-care, it’s because you are disconnected from actual self-care, which has very little to do with “treating yourself” and a whole lot do with parenting yourself and making choices for your long-term wellness.
                      It is no longer using your hectic and unreasonable life as justification for self-sabotage in the form of liquor and procrastination. It is learning how to stop trying to “fix yourself” and start trying to take care of yourself… and maybe finding that taking care lovingly attends to a lot of the problems you were trying to fix in the first place.
                      It means being the hero of your life, not the victim. It means rewiring what you have until your everyday life isn’t something you need therapy to recover from. It is no longer choosing a life that looks good over a life that feels good. It is giving the hell up on some goals so you can care about others. It is being honest even if that means you aren’t universally liked. It is meeting your own needs so you aren’t anxious and dependent on other people.
                      It is becoming the person you know you want and are meant to be. Someone who knows that salt baths and chocolate cake are ways to enjoy life – not escape from it.”
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I like that Hawk. One of the hardest things I have struggled with for years is to pay attention to myself because it's hammered into my brain that self-care is selfish. So I take care of people first. However, I have learned and set a goal this year that I need to pay attention to myself. Even if those around me don't like it.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                        X