My Unpopular Opinion On Russia/Ukraine Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Unpopular Opinion On Russia/Ukraine Conflict

Hello everyone. I'm going to discuss my unpopular opinion on Russia/Ukraine conflict. I don't think that America should get involved and be dragged into Russia/Ukraine conflict. My reason why I said that this isn't an American fight. Of course, we should support Ukraine but at the same time, I don't want my country to get dragged into a possible World War 3. I know that many people will disagree but this is just my opinion about the Russia/Ukraine conflict.

Re: My Unpopular Opinion On Russia/Ukraine Conflict

I'm sorry BMH, but I disagree with you. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it's just because I have different feelings and thoughts. Back in War World II, we got drawn in because we didn't get involved in the war. Instead Roosevelt, even though he helped by sending supplies, stayed out of the war. It took an attack by the Japanese to set a fire on his ass. Now I'm not saying this is going to happen, but Russia is wanting to recreate the Soviet Union from what I understand. Once he takes over Ukraine, then it will be another country. Then will we be getting involved? Or will we let Putin have his way? There have been thousands of deaths already and this is already due to Putin's fault. We have to intervene somehow. If we don't then history will say that we could have helped and we didn't. War World III can be coming and we can stop it. But this is my opinion. No one has to agree with me or understand me, but I feel very strong about this.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I see what you're getting at anubisa. But intervening directly right now would likely cause world war 3. Which is why we're all using sanctions and sending supplies. Putin is a bully, he wants force, but he needs an excuse to use it outside of Ukraine. It's coming out slowly that a lot of his troops have been lied to. There are very young people in there who were sent out on a training exercise, and then dumped in actual war with no instructions. He is doing his best to spin it as a military "mission" and not a war where he's the aggressor to his own people... He's waiting for that act of aggression from outside forces to take it further.
      But then, some of his "cabinet" are actually starting to speak out. Russian economy is crashing. Their allies are hesitating or noping out.

If it comes to full war, the US will need to step in along with their allies. But that is not yet. The change may still cone from within. Although Putin seems like he is willing to do some crazy shit to save face from.what is essentially a failed blitz.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm glad I don't have any authority what-so-ever, 'cause I dunno what to do, but we do seem to be lingering on the fish hook end of the pivot point of the future. Expect decisions made in the coming months to affect world peace for the rest of the century.

Good luck, kids!

I've lived through all this before...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I understand where everyone is coming from. I guess what it is that I am worried about this whole thing getting worse and worse. I am hoping this man gets what he deserves.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
            I understand where everyone is coming from. I guess what it is that I am worried about this whole thing getting worse and worse. I am hoping this man gets what he deserves.
            I agree that Putin is a total scumbag and he should be stopped. But where I'm coming from that I don't want our country to get into a possible World War 3.

Comment

At the moment, neither the US, NATO or the EU intend to openly put troops in Ukraine. It's too easy to accidentally (or not depending on Putin's sanity) escalate from direct military intervention to the deployment of instant sunshine and that would be bad. Unfortunately for Russia, the West doesn't need to mount a military intervention to wreck Russia's ****. It's generally bad when most of the major economic powers in the world turn around and say, "That's a nice economy you've got there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it." If Putin successfully takes Ukraine (he probably will if he doesn't back down), he's going to still be faced with

a. Most of the economic powers on the planet trying to convince Russia that their economic crash in the 90s was happy fun times and it's time to party like it's 1917. China may or may not be willing to try and stabilize them through that. Currently the Chinese government officially frowns on massive sanctions but some of China's banks are saying, "We like the dollar more than we like Russia..."

b. Using his army that he may or may not be able to pay properly to hold onto a decent sized country that hates him and whose insurgents are being handed almost any weapons they could want by the US and EU.

As long as the US and EU remain united and pissed off, the price of taking Ukraine is going to be hammering Russia for a long, long time. I'm not entirely sure that Russia wouldn't be better off if NATO could safely intervene directly to force their troops out of Ukraine. At least military intervention (barring the nukes that are currently insuring we don't intervene) would be moderately targeted compared to what is actually happening.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Putin plays violent games while NATO tries economic warfare.

Meanwhile, the Ukrainians get caught in the grind.

The "up side" of all of this (if an up side actually exists) is that nobody can hide this shit anymore. Everybody sees the horror.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

kinda looks like Russia has again stepped in the country killer tar pit once again only to become bogged down in a quick sand future

- - - Updated - - -

somewhat like our misfires in vietnam and Afghanistan and Iraq only time will tell?

- - - Updated - - -

once again we see full body counts on live TV for both sides
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I heard that Biden banned Russia Oil Imports in the news today.

Comment

North Korea just tested ICBMs. Everybody wants to get into the act.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        North Korea just tested ICBMs. Everybody wants to get into the act.
                        What're ICBMs stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                          What're ICBMs stand for?
                          Intercontinental ballistic missile. Normally has multiple warheads known as MIRVS (Multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle)
                          Last edited by monsno_leedra; 10 Mar 2022, 17:58.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Sorry, I should have written out the full name. NK supposedly has the kind that could theoretically reach the USA. I don't really belive he plans to do anything, but in his mind he's as big a threat as Putin. It's just a bad time for everybody to start saber-rattling.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

icbms came out and changed our strategic air command known at the time as SAC with many b-52 bombers always in the air near Russian coasts for reference watch doctor strange love
                              Last edited by anunitu; 12 Mar 2022, 09:16.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X