Whatcha Thinking about take X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Thinking about take X

Spent part of today mixing up some Thieves Vinegar for my boyfriend since he's been feeling sniffly again. Making it on a bit of short notice so I heated it a bit on the lowest setting of my stove to extract without a long steep time. Gotta say that just by being near the pot all the mucus seems to have evacuated my body so I've got high hopes.
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
      Spent part of today mixing up some Thieves Vinegar for my boyfriend since he's been feeling sniffly again. Making it on a bit of short notice so I heated it a bit on the lowest setting of my stove to extract without a long steep time. Gotta say that just by being near the pot all the mucus seems to have evacuated my body so I've got high hopes.
      Uh... Sounds tasty.

Seriously, what is thieves vinegar?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Uh... Sounds tasty.

Seriously, what is thieves vinegar?
        Herbal vinegar tonic. Usually it's called four thieves vinegar based on a legend that four thieves used an herbal concoction to protect themselves from the plague so they could rob homes of the dead. The recipe varies and is supposedly one herb per thief, but modern ones usually include more than four herbs. My recipe was more like... 12 thieves.
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          Herbal vinegar tonic. Usually it's called four thieves vinegar based on a legend that four thieves used an herbal concoction to protect themselves from the plague so they could rob homes of the dead. The recipe varies and is supposedly one herb per thief, but modern ones usually include more than four herbs. My recipe was more like... 12 thieves.
          Ah!

I knew what thieves are, and I know what vinegar is, but didn't understand them together.

I thought it was a mixture used to knock people out in order to rob them, based on what you said about the smell.

Food makes more sense, I suppose, tho' that explanation is less sinisterly thrilling.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Ah!

I knew what thieves are, and I know what vinegar is, but didn't understand them together.

I thought it was a mixture used to knock people out in order to rob them, based on what you said about the smell.

Food makes more sense, I suppose, tho' that explanation is less sinisterly thrilling.
            He's feeling much better now. Apparently a shot in the morning was giving him 4-6 hours of no mucus and helped with his cough. Feel pretty validated since he doesn't believe in magic and is dubious about herbal medicine, so it's likely not just placebo.
            Circe

Comment

This crossed my feed... I haven't tried it...

FB_IMG_1669755768479.jpg
              Last edited by Rick; 14 Jan 2023, 15:31.
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

So anyway something amazing happens to me today, I went to Starbucks to get my coffee but my debit card was declined because I didn't have enough so I left Starbucks. Then I waited outside and a lady give me coffee from Starbucks. My reaction was very surprising and I thank them for their kindness to give me coffee and I drink it. There are so many nice people in New York City.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  So anyway something amazing happens to me today, I went to Starbucks to get my coffee but my debit card was declined because I didn't have enough so I left Starbucks. Then I waited outside and a lady give me coffee from Starbucks. My reaction was very surprising and I thank them for their kindness to give me coffee and I drink it. There are so many nice people in New York City.
                  That's very nice. There are very nice people in this world. I believe that what we send out we get back. So I am glad you were treated nice.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Some of you who've been around a while may remember me talking about my African Grey parrot, Buddy. One year when we did holiday cards here, I sent her molted feathers with them. Last week, shortly after her 33rd anniversary with me, she passed away from a brain tumor. I was 33 when I got her, about half my life ago. Their life span varies greatly - everyone hears about the ones who live to be 70, but that's just like people. (We don't all make it to 90.) I was always so careful with her diet and environment to prevent heart/liver disease, but of all things it was her incredible brain that turned on her. She had a happy life and we had an ongoing conversation for all those wonderful years.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that, Hawkfeathers. I never met him, but I kinda love him too.

I am so very sorry.

Comment

I'm so sorry about your baby Hawk. I know that the loss can never be filled and it will never go away. I will pray for you.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thanks, you guys. My sense of time is really messed up from this - I'm flashing back to when I first got her and the 33 years seems like a moment. I'm just trying to make myself remember all the funny things and the sweet things, and I know someday I'll think of her and smile and laugh and tell stories, and not totally lose it and cry. But not just yet.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Go ahead and cry. 'Is O.K. . I still smile when I remember your Thanksgiving picture ☺ .

Comment

I'm so sorry Hawk, losing a companion, even more one you've had for so long is awful. All the virtual hugs to you.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm sorry Hawk. Much love. Pets are indistinguishable, to me, from family members, specially for ones that accompany us for so much of our lives.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X