Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rant Thread X

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    Pretty much all US States have at-will employment, it's just that some states have more laws than others that help employment security for workers.
    https://www.paycor.com/resource-cent...laws-by-state/
    Thanks for the link Juniper. It was really informative.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Went up to Moon Township, PA to look at getting a job. However, I found out that the job that was described to me over the phone was different from what they were interviewing me for. It was basically a insurance sales job. I thought I was interviewing for a analyst job which would keep me in the office. No. I was pissed after the presentation I left I felt lied to and felt like I had wasted time and money. I also hadn't been able to see my nephew. It took 1 hour and 20 minutes to get up there. It just upset me.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        Went up to Moon Township, PA to look at getting a job. However, I found out that the job that was described to me over the phone was different from what they were interviewing me for. It was basically a insurance sales job. I thought I was interviewing for a analyst job which would keep me in the office. No. I was pissed after the presentation I left I felt lied to and felt like I had wasted time and money. I also hadn't been able to see my nephew. It took 1 hour and 20 minutes to get up there. It just upset me.
        I had a similar experience many years ago. It turned out to be one of those multi-level marketing deals. Yuck. Big waste of time! Good luck in your search.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thanks Hawk. Been working on a writing opportunity for The Urban Writers which will pay for orders. I'm hoping I will get this at least to help pay a little bit. I'm putting in plenty of applications, so praying that I will get a job soon. I'm being positive.
          Anubisa

Comment

Facebook is deleting and censoring my freedom of speech because of my past violent experience at college I was commenting when a member of a tarot group interpreted the cards of my tarot reading! I appeal it but they denied it! They said it incited violence which I'm not inciting violence at all! So I appeal it to the Oversight Board and hopefully, I'll get a response from them! This is so ******* unfair that Facebook did this to me!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about that. Just let it be for right now. People are always going to piss you off no matter what. Don't worry about what people say.
              Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                Facebook is deleting and censoring my freedom of speech because of my past violent experience at college I was commenting when a member of a tarot group interpreted the cards of my tarot reading! I appeal it but they denied it! They said it incited violence which I'm not inciting violence at all! So I appeal it to the Oversight Board and hopefully, I'll get a response from them! This is so ******* unfair that Facebook did this to me!
                Facebook deleting your posts is not a violation of your freedom of speech. Facebook deleting or censoring posts is no different than when we do it here. We are a private group, not the government.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Facebook deleting your posts is not a violation of your freedom of speech. Facebook deleting or censoring posts is no different than when we do it here. We are a private group, not the government.

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/amendment-1/
                  Then I don't agree with their rules and regulations and I don't care if it is a private platform. There is so much contradiction about a private platform but whatever. I don't care anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    Then I don't agree with their rules and regulations and I don't care if it is a private platform. There is so much contradiction about a private platform but whatever. I don't care anymore.
                    Can you elaborate on what you mean about contradiction?
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Can you elaborate on what you mean about the contradiction?
                      What I mean by contradiction is Facebook deleted and censored my post because it claims that it is against the rules but some people on that platform are vile, hateful, bigoted, and evil and post offensive and hateful comments on their platform, and the Facebook administration finds their comments acceptable on their platform. It is a huge double standard and contradicts everything that Facebook stands for and represents their so called "private platform."

Comment

It occurs to me that today's society is ****** full of bigotry and hate. Yesterday I was watching YouTube and I heard a transgender teenage girl was stabbed to death because of transphobia. This is what pissed me off and yes I know that this isn't new but I don't give a flying **** anymore. Bigotry is getting worse than ever and I'm just sick and tired of this hateful society in which we lived by.

Comment

It is unfortunate about that. There will always be bigotry in some form. We can only change it by making people aware of it.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Well, today there has been some drama in the Dragon Facebook Group that I was in. I post the Dungeons & Dragons Dragon Deity Pantheon a few days ago. Someone commented and ask me if this is Dungeons & Dragons. I said yes. Then she went off one me and asked me why am I using this D&D as misinformation. Some people are here for the truth. I said what are you talking about. This has someone to do with dragons. I didn't misinform anyone. It's just ridiculous for some people to start drama with me.

Comment

Hello everyone. I don't ****ing get people these days. A friend of mine on Facebook told me that someone is bullying him because he thinks that my friend is faking autism. I told my friend to block him. I believe that my friend got autism because I should know, I also have autism/ADHD. This is also a reason why I got fewer friends on Facebook. People are ****ing jerks.

Comment

People can be jerks. I've had epilepsy all my life which is a neurological disorder and it always affected my learning. People were really cruel because they thought I was dumb and this was even teachers too. It was because of my issues of epilepsy that caused my slow delay with learning. So some people can doubt all they want. You don't have to show them a damn certificate of illness. Just let them go ahead and act like butts.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X