New Rant Thread X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

China already owns a boatload of American land. They bought my college campus after it closed and have yet to reopen as they said they would. (I'll give them a little pass on that due to covid, but some of the buildings haven't even been rehabbed yet.) They own quite a bit of farmland and are heavily involved in our food system.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

There are protests against the war even inside Russia. They're being repressed quite violently. This is not a country's will, but a conqueror's ambition. Putin is stuck in a mentality from the past.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        China is a rival power. Badmouthing the US sort of comes with the territory. That said, they aren't going all in on their support of Russia (yet) from the handful of articles I've seen. I won't say words are meaningless but China throwing snark is neither unexpected nor particularly dangerous. China not throwing its diplomatic and economic strength into an effort to get Russian troops withdrawn from Ukraine is a problem but I'm pretty sure that it's an expected problem.
        China still wants what Mao never got - Taiwan. Putin wants what Russia lost - the Ukraine. Both want to know what happens in the west during & after a hostile land grab that takes place just outside their legitimate territory, after years & years of 5th column anti classical liberalism, pro authoritarian propaganda (which has worked so well that I image only two or three people reading this could define these terms), and the promotion of civil unrest in western democracies.

North America and Europe want stability, and have found out the hard way after thousands of years of stoopid religious and savage empire building that economic frienemyism is far better in all ways than conquer and control.

If war breaks out, who will be allied with whom (or is it "who"? I dunno. I'm a retired English teacher and I haven't cared since pronouns started conveying far more info than I care to know).
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

China may want Taiwan but they also aren't entirely thrilled with Russia and their banks value money more than they value Russia.

I wouldn't place final bets on how China navigates this yet.
          Last edited by MaskedOne; 25 Feb 2022, 20:21.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I saw yesterday about the people of Russia protesting. I didn't mean to say that the entirety of Russia was for the war. I don't think any nation wants war. I think it depends on the person who is in office. Instead of starting war with Ukraine, throw Putin out of office. It's not as easy as it sounds of course, but Russia really needs to get a new person in office who cares about the country.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
              I saw yesterday about the people of Russia protesting. I didn't mean to say that the entirety of Russia was for the war. I don't think any nation wants war. I think it depends on the person who is in office. Instead of starting war with Ukraine, throw Putin out of office. It's not as easy as it sounds of course, but Russia really needs to get a new person in office who cares about the country.
              That would be ideal yes. But he has effectively been in power for over 20 years now. Last person who gained any kind of following trying to speak out against him is in jail now (for treason I believe but may be wrong), after having the audacity to barely survive an attempt on his life. The people who are protesting are actively risking their lives too.
              He's a dictator. There's only one way Putin is leaving that office. And while I don't subscribe to the myth he's managed to build around himself of godlike levels of genius, he IS an old KGB officer. Getting him out is not only difficult, it is near impossible for the people.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

somewhere in putens group is a flame waiting to become the major fire and the new power that breeds from putens dead body,my opinion his demise may well cone from one very close to him,not unlike the early soviets and ascension through murder build your own power on the grave of your master just my meandering mind?
                Last edited by anunitu; 26 Feb 2022, 03:34.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  somewhere in putens group is a flame waiting to become the major fire and the new power that breeds from putens dead body,my opinion his demise may well cone from one very close to him,not unlike the early soviets and ascension through murder build your own power on the grave of your master just my meandering mind?
                  That's how they operate! He has all the money in the world but can't really trust anyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sigh. I'm just gonna get ahead of this one cause sensationalism news reporting might inflate the photos cause it looks similar (ours sure have tried to milk it for clickbait headlines, I had to scroll 3 paragraphs down for them to actually report what it was cause the headlines say mushroom cloud). What happened like an hour ago was a serious hit on a gas pipe, NOT a nuclear strike.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

It's understandable that so many westerners are concerned about Ukrainian refugees, after all, they look like Europeans, they dress like Europeans, the cities look European.

And, yup, what is happening to them is horrendous, and we certainly oughtta help them.

But all those non European looking People who don't dress like Europeans, or live in non European looking cities and are running from equally horrible situations... What about them?

Maybe if we can have compassion for European like people we can transfer a bit of that to other, non European refugees?
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        It's understandable that so many westerners are concerned about Ukrainian refugees, after all, they look like Europeans, they dress like Europeans, the cities look European.

And, yup, what is happening to them is horrendous, and we certainly oughtta help them.

But all those non European looking People who don't dress like Europeans, or live in non European looking cities and are running from equally horrible situations... What about them?

Maybe if we can have compassion for European like people we can transfer a bit of that to other, non European refugees?
                        100%... That being said, there's usually a HEAVY bias against eastern Europeans here. I think right now, it's just as much shock that it is happening so close to us that's making people kinder to them. We're all a little scared. Give it a few months, possibly weeks, and people will start to grumble about it. But skin colour is definitely making it a little easier for some of the racists to palet.
                        I don't know how you're handling it in the US right now. But I think how close it is to us here plays a large part in people showing more compassion, or at least tolerance. Usually, war is far away, this one is right next door.
                        We should treat everyone going through something like this with kindness, no civilian got to decide that their home was gonna be a war zone.
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I love my job. I don't love doing other people's job in addition to my own work load.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I listed something for sale on ebay, first time in ages. I stated shipping was to continental USA only. Of course I get a message asking how much to ship to another country. HELLO.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              I listed something for sale on ebay, first time in ages. I stated shipping was to continental USA only. Of course I get a message asking how much to ship to another country. HELLO.
                              Reply with !BACON! and they won't bother you again.
                              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 19 Mar 2022, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                                Reply with !BACON! and they won't bother you again.
                                Haha! I should try that. I remember selling something years ago, when I also put in the listing "continental USA only" and some guy in Germany bought the item. I got him to give me a friend's address in the USA to send it to, but not without a fight.

Another time, I sold a bracelet. I put many pics in the listing, and was very clear that it was small and lightweight. Guy buys it and then complains that it had no weight to it. DUH. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X