New Rant Thread X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

People on Youtube are accusing me of talking crap about one of the Youtuber family members. First off, I don't even know any family members of that Youtuber. Second, why would I even talk crap about their family members if I don't even know. Third, that was a troll who was talking to set me up for the sake of drama and clout. Get your facts straight.

Comment

This is what I don't understand about politics. It's all one-sided and bullcrap. There are so many things that I strongly disagree with about politics. It's the type of closed-mindedness, bigotry, hate, and discrimination that everybody has to argue and rant about with a very unclear mind. Seriously I'm sick and tired of this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        This is what I don't understand about politics. It's all one-sided and bullcrap. There are so many things that I strongly disagree with about politics. It's the type of closed-mindedness, bigotry, hate, and discrimination that everybody has to argue and rant about with a very unclear mind. Seriously I'm sick and tired of this crap.
        I'm glad that you are not like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad that I have a rational and open mind but politics always gives me a headache.

Comment

I am having difficulty with the gun culture here in Montana. I served in the military, and as an Infantryman I can tell you that there ws a full 3 months dedicated to weapon training. This seems obvious, you want a soldier to be safe and proficient with his rifle, pistol, etc. I have actually heard the argument here to own a gun to protect yourself from other idiots with guns (?) I can see owning a hunting fifle, shotgun, and possibly a handgun, but what is the civilian need for an arsenal of military style assault weapons? I doubt many of these people have any real training with their guns, yet they can own as many as they want. The second ammendment gives Americans the right to carry a pistol into McDonalds, but sadly not the brains...

Comment

Originally posted by Sagefire View Post
              I am having difficulty with the gun culture here in Montana. I served in the military, and as an Infantryman I can tell you that there ws a full 3 months dedicated to weapon training. This seems obvious, you want a soldier to be safe and proficient with his rifle, pistol, etc. I have actually heard the argument here to own a gun to protect yourself from other idiots with guns (?) I can see owning a hunting fifle, shotgun, and possibly a handgun, but what is the civilian need for an arsenal of military style assault weapons? I doubt many of these people have any real training with their guns, yet they can own as many as they want. The second ammendment gives Americans the right to carry a pistol into McDonalds, but sadly not the brains...
              I love firearms. With that said, I'm increasingly finding that one of the strongest arguments for gun control is interacting with a number of other people who love guns. Oversized private arsenals frequently combined with embarrassingly inept paranoia tend to be part of why.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh oh...

So my gun heap is naughty?
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Oh oh...

So my gun heap is naughty?
                  You don't generally indulge in embarrassingly inept paranoia so you get a pass. If you tell me that your arsenal is there as a contingency for

a. the fall of Western civilization
                  b. the day that the US Government decides to take all your rights and shove EVUL COMMUNISM down your throat
                  c. pick an asinine threat where you are better doing almost anything except building up an arsenal of more weapons than you'll ever reasonably be able to use against said threat

then I will revoke your pass with extreme prejudice.

Hmm, I'm wrong. If you're building up a giant arsenal to counter the rise of Skynet and you can introduce me to John or Sara Connor then I'll probably let you keep your pass just for sheer entertainment value.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    You don't generally indulge in embarrassingly inept paranoia so you get a pass. If you tell me that your arsenal is there as a contingency for

b. the day that the US Government decides to take all your rights and shove EVUL COMMUNISM down your throat
                    c. pick an asinine threat where you are better doing almost anything except building up an arsenal of more weapons than you'll ever reasonably be able to use against said threat

Hmm, I'm wrong. If you're building up a giant arsenal to counter the rise of Skynet and you can introduce me to John or Sara Connor then I'll probably let you keep your pass just for sheer entertainment value.
                    Well, good. Yeah, no paranoia, I just like to play with them.

By the way - you're just being weird about fictional "Skynet" scenarios. That's fiction, MaskedOne.

The real danger is currently growing larger in my lab vats.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Well, good. Yeah, no paranoia, I just like to play with them.

By the way - you're just being weird about fictional "Skynet" scenarios. That's fiction, MaskedOne.

The real danger is currently growing larger in my lab vats.

Comment

I use the word 'arsenal' in distinct contrast to the word 'collection'. I take no issue with the collector, enthusiast, hunter or sport shooter. These things imply a level of responsible ownership and use. I take issue with the fool who has the loaded Glock on the front seat of his pickup pointed toward the passenger door, so at the stoplight if I am next to him, it is pointed right at me. This is the guy looking for absolutely any reason to sling lead downrange. This is the truck with all the gun right and f*ck this and that decals all over it. I question the overweight over 40 with the aluminum foil lined camo MAGA hat and tac-vest carrying enough weaponry and ammunition to arm a drug cartel, hanging out in the WalMart parking lot. I am concerned about the political tactic, at least in this part of the country, to use the second ammendment as a fear factor, "If you don't vote for whoever or whatever, or if you don't eat this shit sandwich, 'they' will come and take your guns." They who? Seriously, I recognize the importance of gun rights, but also gun laws, and the overwhelming majority of these jerks have to be told every day to not eat their own poop. They shouldn't even have a pointy stick.
                      Last edited by Sagefire; 25 Jun 2021, 06:01. Reason: punctuation

Comment

I use the word 'arsenal' in distinct contrast to the word 'collection'. I take no issue with the collector, enthusiast, hunter or sport shooter. These things imply a level of responsible ownership and use. I take issue with the fool who has the loaded Glock on the front seat of his pickup pointed toward the passenger door, so at the stoplight if I am next to him, it is pointed right at me. This is the guy looking for absolutely any reason to sling lead downrange. This is the truck with all the gun right and f*ck this and that decals all over it. I question the overweight over 40 with the aluminum foil lined camo MAGA hat and tac-vest carrying enough weaponry and ammunition to arm a drug cartel, hanging out in the WalMart parking lot. I am concerned about the political tactic, at least in this part of the country, to use the second ammendment as a fear factor, "If you don't vote for whoever or whatever, or if you don't eat this shit sandwich, 'they' will come and take your guns." They who? Seriously, I recognize the importance of gun rights, but also gun laws, and the overwhelming majority of these jerks have to be told every day to not eat their own poop. They shouldn't even have a pointy stick.

Please, please tell me the bolded portion isn't something you've actually seen. I mean, yes glocks have built in protections against accidental discharge but that's still effectively baring one's ass before the Great God Murphy and daring him to do something about it.

Comment

Yes, all joking aside, there are people who ought not have guns.

Most gun owners are, weirdly, in favor of certain safety laws that the NRA is radically anti (such as a national background check).

The NRA is actually using psychological terrorism to prevent gun owners from accepting laws they actually want. That is unfortunate. I am old enough to remember when the NRA was all about gun safety and firearm sportsmanship.

Having been part of several gun oriented forums I've come to realize that the freak-os are hiding in the shooting community's basement. Sometimes people need to clean their own house. Shooting enthusiasts got housecleaning to do.
                          Last edited by B. de Corbin; 25 Jun 2021, 07:29.

Comment

It is 100% fact. I have seen the pistol-on-the-seat situation many times because, "it aint a gun if it aint loaded, 'sides, it's muh right!, 'Merica!"
                            These guys are essentially uneducated chickenshits who hide behind a firearm. They have no idea who the 'enemy' is. Here, guns are a fashion accessory. These are the folks you see in the video clips of 1/6. These are the participants who went home and bragged about it on social media. These are the Q An*n robots who spend their disability checks, "Cuz I got a bad back", on ammunition and lift kits for their trucks "Cuz to perteck muh kids frum the commies." The pandemic has seen a significant uptick in violent crimes across the board, and up here nearly every homocide has been a shooting. Again, I am NOT anti-gun, just anti-stupid. I don't want my wife, kids or grandkids getting shot by a road rager in a diesel Ram with a tr*mp flag who's not having a nice day.

Comment

I sense irritation in your voice...

There are crazy people everywhere, on all sides of the political spectrum, and on every issue.

Such is the honest state of human actions.

Comment

It is 100% fact. I have seen the pistol-on-the-seat situation many times because, "it aint a gun if it aint loaded, 'sides, it's muh right!, 'Merica!"
                                These guys are essentially uneducated chickenshits who hide behind a firearm. They have no idea who the 'enemy' is. Here, guns are a fashion accessory. These are the folks you see in the video clips of 1/6. These are the participants who went home and bragged about it on social media. These are the Q An*n robots who spend their disability checks, "Cuz I got a bad back", on ammunition and lift kits for their trucks "Cuz to perteck muh kids frum the commies." The pandemic has seen a significant uptick in violent crimes across the board, and up here nearly every homocide has been a shooting. Again, I am NOT anti-gun, just anti-stupid. I don't want my wife, kids or grandkids getting shot by a road rager in a diesel Ram with a tr*mp flag who's not having a nice day.
                                I mean, I can forgive the loaded part. Just secure the **** weapon so that it can't be sent flying by a hard stop and so the barrel isn't pointing in the direction of people. A loaded weapon doesn't have to be a dare made to the Great God Murphy. It just becomes one if its owner is lazy, stupid or both. The internal safeties on the weapon and luck should never be the only things preventing an accidental firing in the direction of another person.

Comment

Working...
                                X