New Rant Thread X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rant Thread X

I am just so upset with my sister. She and I got into it yesterday over me wanting to have a baby. There are a lot of medical issues I have but she brushed me and asking me why I wanted a kid. What really pissed me off is that she accused my mother of telling her that she was a mistake. My mother never told her that. She came 13 months after me and she was a surprise but she was never a mistake. Something else that pissed me off is that I came up with my parents from SC, leaving friends behind again, to basically be her babysitter for my nephew. Now that my nephew is nine and she is having her own damn issues she is trying to dissuade me from at least trying. She basically called me broken and less than because I am not like her. I'm sorry but I have to try. She even suggested my mother was making me do it then said I should adopt another dog. I wanted to break down in tears. It's just hard to know that she doesn't want to support my decision.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So anyway one of the members of Tarot Nerds disagrees with my way of reading cards. He said that I need help but he thinks that I was trolling. I wasn't trolling on everything. I always post my reading and respond thank you for your interpretation and I always give feedback on my outcome. I report it to the admin and she said that members have a right to disagree. I told her that his attitude was a bit uncalled for and that the vibe I got from him was. If members have an attitude the way I read and interact with other members why even bother responding? I hate Facebook groups, especially in the Divination Deck Facebook Group Community. 😠😠😠😠😠😠

Comment

Right now I am really pissed. My sister got arrested yesterday early morning. She called the police and when they came she threatened her husband. We then found out that she had been chained to the floor in the jail all night in her pajamas. It was in the 30s yesterday morning and she was wearing shorts, a shirt, and a hoodie in a jail cell. Anyway, they charged her $35,000, no priors or anything. Her husband has been a complete asshole to me. He issued a restraining order for 90 days but wanted her to go to a rehab facility or program. So she is going to a rehab facility today in Pennsylvania. I'm happy, but I will miss her. He's been a complete ass to us and she has to go to the house today with a Deputy Sheriff to get the rest of her clothes, her makeup, and to find her personal phone. We also have to return her car which he gave us hell over. My sister isn't perfect, but my damned B-I-L has no right doing what he did and my nephew is in the middle. He is also turning my nephew against his mother. He has been for a while. I just want to scream right now to be honest.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          Right now I am really pissed. My sister got arrested yesterday early morning. She called the police and when they came she threatened her husband. We then found out that she had been chained to the floor in the jail all night in her pajamas. It was in the 30s yesterday morning and she was wearing shorts, a shirt, and a hoodie in a jail cell. Anyway, they charged her $35,000, no priors or anything. Her husband has been a complete asshole to me. He issued a restraining order for 90 days but wanted her to go to a rehab facility or program. So she is going to a rehab facility today in Pennsylvania. I'm happy, but I will miss her. He's been a complete ass to us and she has to go to the house today with a Deputy Sheriff to get the rest of her clothes, her makeup, and to find her personal phone. We also have to return her car which he gave us hell over. My sister isn't perfect, but my damned B-I-L has no right doing what he did and my nephew is in the middle. He is also turning my nephew against his mother. He has been for a while. I just want to scream right now to be honest.
          Wow.

That just sucks coconuts. I hope things settle out ok for you & yours.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Wow.

That just sucks coconuts. I hope things settle out ok for you & yours.
            Thanks. We've uncovered a whole lot of crap since then. Like my B-I-L has lied on the order. It is a completely different story from the police report, which we believe is different from what really happened. My sister shouldn't have had a $35000 bond. It was her first arrest. I've seen people do worse get off with less. It's just so upsetting. The good side is that my sis is happy in rehab right now.
            Anubisa

Comment

Anubisa - that all stinks. I'm sorry. May the upcoming new year bring peace for you and yours.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Welcome to Black Friday!
                America's annual feast day in honor of greed and stupidity!
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  Welcome to Black Friday!
                  Precisely the reason that this is the one day of the year I straight up refuse to leave the house...
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Welcome to Black Friday!
                    My wife talked me into going to a Black Friday sale years ago. Even for being in a small town it was insane. Swore never again and have refused even the idea of thinking about it since. Saw people sitting on the floor with their hands on product that hadn't been released yet so they could get something. Then the hour hits and it looked like sharks tearing into a fish. Stuff was flying everywhere and wrappings looked like body parts and skin sailing through the air.

Wife did get the items she wanted from the pile but to me what was saved in cost simply did not add up to the pushing, shoving and bumping by everyone.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Not a rant, but my grandson put a deer in my freezer today. Well, maybe a rant about run-away inflation and food prices; that 50 odd pounds of meat is a welcome gift.
                      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                      Clan of my Clan
                      Kin of my Kin
                      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        Precisely the reason that this is the one day of the year I straight up refuse to leave the house...
                        Unfortunately, I get paid to leave the house. I agree with the sentiment though.

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        My wife talked me into going to a Black Friday sale years ago. Even for being in a small town it was insane. Swore never again and have refused even the idea of thinking about it since. Saw people sitting on the floor with their hands on product that hadn't been released yet so they could get something. Then the hour hits and it looked like sharks tearing into a fish. Stuff was flying everywhere and wrappings looked like body parts and skin sailing through the air.

Wife did get the items she wanted from the pile but to me what was saved in cost simply did not add up to the pushing, shoving and bumping by everyone.
                        Good response. Today was relatively quiet compared to a few years ago and this is good because we don't have the staff of even for years ago and not all of the staff we have are competent. Quiet meant that those of us who know what we're doing could compensate. Still, I don't love twelve hours days of catering to locusts on two legs and even a quiet Black Friday is annoying as ****.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't get why we even do black friday in europe, we don't have thanks giving, it's dumb. But it's thankfully way more chill. There were more people out shopping than usual, but nobody is tearing anyone else apart, just a bit more crowded than I like. I shouldn't complain, the phone I've been eyeing for like two months was marked down, and my old one is really on its last leg. I can both think it's a really stupid capitalistic stunt, and benefit from a sale ^^
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            I don't get why we even do black friday in europe, we don't have thanks giving, it's dumb. But it's thankfully way more chill. There were more people out shopping than usual, but nobody is tearing anyone else apart, just a bit more crowded than I like. I shouldn't complain, the phone I've been eyeing for like two months was marked down, and my old one is really on its last leg. I can both think it's a really stupid capitalistic stunt, and benefit from a sale ^^
                            Here's a not-so-fun fact about Black Fridays so many years ago, a person at Walmart died during Black Friday during a stampede.
                            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 27 Nov 2022, 16:53.

Comment

I remember that. It's so unfortunate that happened. I hope that never happens again. Physical things are worth a human life. I think that is why Cyber Monday has come around.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                Same here! Well, I went out for a walk - but I don't want to drive or go near any stores. My grocery shopping is very limited in the month between Thanksgiving & Christmas. It's Hibernation Season!
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X