New Rant Thread X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rant Thread X

No! I have a cold! I don't know why I have suddenly got the onset of a cold. I felt my throat be sore yesterday afternoon after dinner, but hoped it was nothing. Well last night after taking a nap I got up and felt like crap. So I went to Wal-Mart and got some stuff like ice cream and soup to help me out. Now I'm still feeling like crap. I think I will have to call in to work at the job I have been working for ManPower (the employment agency). I don't want to. I want them to think I can't or don't want to do the job or am not dependable. However, I do not want to get anyone sick. This so sucks.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Well I found out that I have CoVid today. I went to the doctor at the Urgent Care. I was given a few tests and I was tested Positive with CoVid. I was and still am shocked. I've had my CoVid shots and I still got it. So I am holed up for at least five days at home. I just hate that it happened to me.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        Well I found out that I have CoVid today. I went to the doctor at Urgent Care. I was given a few tests and I tested positive for CoVid. I was and still am shocked. I've had my CoVid shots and I still got it. So I am holed up for at least five days at home. I just hate that it happened to me.
        The same thing happen to my friend and his whole family a few days ago. Can we all admit that the pandemic isn't fake? I'm so sorry about that, anubisa.
        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 02 Dec 2022, 21:18.

Comment

Thanks BMH. I think people aren't wearing their masks or following mask protocols. I work at a rehab facility where there is a CoVid unit. Though I don't go there since I work up front, I will probably have to have another test before I go back to work. It sucks, but I have to be safe before I go back to my job.
          Anubisa

Comment

Why, why does the world or whatever hate me? It's like I am being focused on right now. About five or six days ago I got a bump on the rough of my mouth. At first I thought it was like a regular bump. However, it's got worse over the past days. I was going to go see someone yesterday but my mom and dad talked me out of it and told me to swish sea salt water in my mouth then use lidocaine. Well that hasn't worked. So I am going to see the WVU Dental Clinic. They accept people without appointments. It just seems like I am cursed right now. Ugh! Help me!
            Anubisa

Comment

Nothing like waking up at 4:15 am in mid-December to tornado warnings, high winds, hail, and torrential rain... and water dripping into your bedroom closet...
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
              Tribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                Nothing like waking up at 4:15 am in mid-December to tornado warnings, high winds, hail, and torrential rain... and water dripping into your bedroom closet...
                Yikes! Hope all is well now.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Yikes! Hope all is well now.
                  Apparently, the extremely heavy dumping of rain (nearly 2 inches in about 30 minutes) couldn't run off the roof fast enough, and the 60+ mph wind was blowing from just the right direction to push it under the flashing. Contractor will be coming to give an estimate, hopefully it's an easy fix.
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                  Tribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,

Comment

After an overnight low of 2 degrees F with a wind chill of -28F, it has come up to 5F and wc of -18F at midday.

Hello, Winter...

Blood and Country
                    Tribe of my Tribe
                    Clan of my Clan
                    Kin of my Kin
                    Blood of my Blood

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      After an overnight low of 2 degrees F with a wind chill of -28F, it has come up to 5F and wc of -18F at midday.

Hello, Winter...
                      Around 9:30 this morning, it was in the upper 30s and very still, so I went out for a walk. I knew a big cold front was due, and I actually saw it! It moved in very fast and looked like a blanket coming in up in the sky. In the pic I took, it's coming in from the left. Just as I got back to my house the wind started kicking up and I could tell it had gotten colder. After a little while it started snowing and the temp dropped like a rock. It's about -3 now.
                      coldfront12222022.jpg
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        Around 9:30 this morning, it was in the upper 30s and very still, so I went out for a walk. I knew a big cold front was due, and I actually saw it! It moved in very fast and looked like a blanket coming in up in the sky. In the pic I took, it's coming in from the left. Just as I got back to my house the wind started kicking up and I could tell it had gotten colder. After a little while it started snowing and the temp dropped like a rock. It's about -3 now.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5588[/ATTACH]
                        Jeez Louise Hawk. That looks bad.

Well my life is crazy. I had my 60 day review at my job. I had some good things and bad things of course, but what really irks me is that ITG (basically the people who make sure that you are following HIPAA guidelines) said that I had 44 instances of looking in peoples accounts. She also told me that I had printed off stuff 4 times on the 13th when I know I didn't. I believe it's because I have forgot to lock my computer and I think someone might have accessed patients files. But I haven't been in anyone's files. It pisses me off to think that anyone would think that I would go snooping in patient's information. I have a Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding and I take it very seriously the privacy of patients. So I am going to focus on making sure that I lock my computer and take extra care that I don't get into any accounts while I have to access a specific program at the start of the day. I'm overly irked.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Well I was fired from work two days ago. I am very upset because of the whole incident. The primary reason mainly was because of the so-called "snooping" incident. They called me and woke me up then I had to come in. The HR woman then asked me if I had seen the information regarding the snooping. I said no and she didn't let me read the report at all. It pisses me off that I was not allowed to see that information. Personally, I think that my account was hacked or when I left and accidentally forget to lock my computer. There was a woman who claimed that I had snooped in a patient's account while I was with her which was totally untrue. I'm just totally upset that they trusted this woman over my word as well. Anyway, I am looking for another job because I need one quick. Well hopefully 2023 will be better than this year.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            Well I was fired from work two days ago. I am very upset because of the whole incident. The primary reason mainly was because of the so-called "snooping" incident. They called me and woke me up then I had to come in. The HR woman then asked me if I had seen the information regarding the snooping. I said no and she didn't let me read the report at all. It pisses me off that I was not allowed to see that information. Personally, I think that my account was hacked or when I left and accidentally forget to lock my computer. There was a woman who claimed that I had snooped in a patient's account while I was with her which was totally untrue. I'm just totally upset that they trusted this woman over my word as well. Anyway, I am looking for another job because I need one quick. Well hopefully 2023 will be better than this year.
                            West Virginia sucks in that regard. An employer does not have to tell you why they are firing you. If they do tell you they are not required to give you all the info or even let you see it. It's been a few years now but my youngest son got fired and the employer didn't have to tell him why. If I recall correctly it's because WV is an At-Will Employment state and a Right To Work State which can prevent union's and similar in the work place.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                              West Virginia sucks in that regard. An employer does not have to tell you why they are firing you. If they do tell you they are not required to give you all the info or even let you see it. It's been a few years now but my youngest son got fired and the employer didn't have to tell him why. If I recall correctly it's because WV is an At-Will Employment state and a Right To Work State which can prevent union's and similar in the work place.
                              Yeah. I'm thinking that I need to find a remote job with an employer from out of state. I'm applying for jobs now, but I have been applying for internships regarding web development since I went ahead and changed careers. So hopefully I will hear back from some of those soon.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Pretty much all US States have at-will employment, it's just that some states have more laws than others that help employment security for workers.
                                Find out the employment at will laws for your state, including whether there are public policy exemptions or covenant of good faith, with our map and table.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X