New Rant Thread X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rant Thread X

Today I was watching the news about the Olympics banning transgender athletes from their sports and I was very upset about it. This is pure discrimination at its finest.

Comment

It just occurs to me that most people on the internet are total bull**** and fake people that turn out to be bullies, bigots, crybabies, and creeps. I don't want to associate with these types of people at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        Today I was watching the news about the Olympics banning transgender athletes from their sports and I was very upset about it. This is pure discrimination at its finest.
        I understand your frustration on this, but the Olympics committee is not being against transgender people for any type of hatred or biased reason. When say a man wants to become a woman, he still retains his man body in some perspective. He doesn't get a woman's body. He won't have a woman's bone structure or muscular structure. So it's not fair for a transgendered man to race in the same race as a woman. He's still stronger than her. That's their reasoning. It's not because of hatred or bias. It's because of fairness. I know it seems that way but they are trying to be fair to others.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          I understand your frustration on this, but the Olympics committee is not being against transgender people for any type of hatred or biased reason. When say a man wants to become a woman, he still retains his man body in some perspective. He doesn't get a woman's body. He won't have a woman's bone structure or muscular structure. So it's not fair for a transgendered man to race in the same race as a woman. He's still stronger than her. That's their reasoning. It's not because of hatred or bias. It's because of fairness. I know it seems that way but they are trying to be fair to others.
          I heard both sides of the argument that transgender women athletes have a huge advantage over cis-women athletes. I get that but in my eyes, I feel it is unfair to ban transgender women athletes to compete in sports. If they identify as women then they have every right to compete in sports just like cis-women athletes. Same thing as transgender men athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            I heard both sides of the argument that transgender women athletes have a huge advantage over cis-women athletes. I get that but in my eyes, I feel it is unfair to ban transgender women athletes to compete in sports. If they identify as women then they have every right to compete in sports just like cis-women athletes. Same thing as transgender men athletes.
            I understand what you're saying, but even though they identify as women they still have bodies of men and that is not fair sports-wise. I agree it isn't fair, but you have to understand that it isn't fair to the other athletes as well. Would it be fair for one woman group to go against another who has taken drugs to help with performance? That is something that is essentially the same thing. Men grow up with different body types and they can't change just with estrogen and surgery unfortunately. Maybe they could do something about it in the future, but now we have to respect the Olympic committee's decision. I wish the world could be equal, but unfortunately it's not.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Heart disease sucks.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed, and resentful, of the mental health institutions of my city, that just seem to throw behavioural therapy at everything like it's some panacea. I feel like 3 ish years of my life wasted there, and I'm unsure of where to go from here.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I feel you there, brother. The US's mental health services are laughable - real help costs too much for anyone that's depressed to afford, and insurance pays for exactly two visits: One to diagnose, one to medicate. Because, you know, drugs are never a cause and always a solution.

Comment

Trying, once again, to quit smoking. If "home" drama tapers off a bit it may be possible. Blech.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok...reached out to eight different real-estate agents (so far). Unless one of them speaks English, this should do wonders for my social anxiety lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                      Trying, once again, to quit smoking. If "home" drama tapers off a bit it may be possible. Blech.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok...reached out to eight different real-estate agents (so far). Unless one of them speaks English, this should do wonders for my social anxiety lol
                      Good luck with your real-estate issue. I also hope that once this is resolved you will be able to stop smoking. My sister vapes and my dad chewed tobacco for years. He finally quit because he needed to have a operation and needed to take a skin graft from in his mouth. So I hope this whole thing is resolved for you.
                      Anubisa

Comment

Me too...along with genetics it's probably the primary reason for my heart attack...i know I need to quit, but drama will drama. The real estate stuff isn't probably going to help, but it may not hurt as much as one would expect either...I don't speak French well enough to be too insulted lol

Comment

I was hoping to have moved out of the United States BEFORE the next election shenanigans started.

I missed the boat. I'm already sick to death of hearing about both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                            I was hoping to have moved out of the United States BEFORE the next election shenanigans started.

I missed the boat. I'm already sick to death of hearing about both of them.
                            Yep. I understand that. Sometimes I just want to move off the grid so I never have to experience all this crap. They're talking about WV elections and crap already. I hate it. Good luck on moving out soon.
                            Anubisa

Comment

I might be looking at a couple of houses this week. We'll see how that goes lol

Comment

I 'quit' smoking last night. I've managed to go about 15 hours so far without a cigarette.

Why is this in the rant thread?

Because my laptop just fucking died. The remainder of this trip just got a whole lot more difficult. I have a tablet which will have to, somehow, get me through the rest of this visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X