Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More advice needed

Hey everyone,

I need some more advice from you all. Bella, our youngest dog, was spayed in May. Unlike my other dogs who had been spayed and neutered before, she has returned to her puppy-like behaviors. She's back to biting feet and hands. We had finally got that under control. There were behaviors that just had been resolved and now have reared their ugly head. But biting especially is one of the worst. Now that she is 24 lbs and has her adult teeth it is really bad. She's not trying to be bad, but it is something that we need to stop. Can anyone tell me if this has happened before or have any ideas?
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: More advice needed

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    Hey everyone,

I need some more advice from you all. Bella, our youngest dog, was spayed in May. Unlike my other dogs who had been spayed and neutered before, she has returned to her puppy-like behaviors. She's back to biting feet and hands. We had finally got that under control. There were behaviors that just had been resolved and now have reared their ugly head. But biting especially is one of the worst. Now that she is 24 lbs and has her adult teeth it is really bad. She's not trying to be bad, but it is something that we need to stop. Can anyone tell me if this has happened before or have any ideas?
    If you're still trying to sort this out, my best advice is to get her into a training class and try to socialize her more. Tons and tons of exercise. When we've seen these behaviors in past dogs, it's usually anxiety related, and a good trainer will be able to help you sort that out and find balance.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Re: More advice needed

Thanks Shahaku. I figured that this is what we would need to do. I think some training with other dogs will help.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
      X