Nakia Creek Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nakia Creek Fire

Hey Folks. Some of you may be aware but if you're not... There's a forest fire that originated near Nakia Creek here in WA. It's only about 27 miles away from where I live and while I believe me and those that live with me are safe from this fire, I know a few people that live much closer to it and many homes have been evacuated.

Here's a link for information and updates for anyone that's interested in learning more about it. http://cresa911.org/2022/10/11/nakia...-fire-updates/

Our air quality here is pretty terrible. You can smell the smoke in the air so strongly. It's not as bad as the Columbia Gorge fires we had in 2020, but if it keeps growing and considering it's proximity to our area, it could be just as bad. I think something close to 1,800 acres have succumbed to the fire already.

It's been uncharacteristically hot for this time of year and to add to it, the fire is suspected to be caused by people. Local authorities are pursuing some leads that point to a white/light colored vehicle and at least two people, possibly four, that may be involved.

If anyone can spare any prayers, thoughts, meditation, well wishes, etc, for the people that are directly affected by this, that would be really awesome.

Thanks for listening.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Nakia Creek Fire

gotcha i was up that way in the navy outside Arlington and had from time to time t fight fires in the navy scary stuff
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My thoughts are with those affected.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Oh no. I will be praying for everyone that has been affected. I hope that it doesn't spread any further. Prayers!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Oy!

I hope things get gooder soon.

(my sister was evacuated from Ft. Meyers, but all is O.K., my 82 year old aunt was helecoptered off Sanibel, but is also O.K. - although I don't know how much damage there was. She's rich, so as long as she's O.K., all is O.K.)
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Forest fire's are nothing to mess with. Hope things pass you by, avoiding your area and all comes out ok.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

same monsno they are bad news
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Just wanted to post a quick little update.

CAMAS — The Nakia Creek Fire was 30 percent contained and 100 percent lined as of Friday morning, thanks in large part to the long-awaited first fall rain.

The fire has burned 1,918 acres in east Clark County to date, but is no longer growing, officials said. There are no reports of any damage to structures or injuries resulting from the fire.
                Thank you all for your kind input.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                X