So... I have been busy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... I have been busy

This "being retired" stuff is exhausting.

Having a lot of time to fill means having to find a lot of stuff to do* so I've doing a lot of stuff.

I finally got a six foot deer fence set up around my garden, and ended up with jars of tomatoes, pickles, pickled peppers, grape and cherry jam, and pounds of MJ the Fairy Queen.

Oh, and I got some spiffy softball sized watermelons (sugarbabies. Not to be confused with sugardaddies, a whole 'nother thing).

Also, since K'Roe has anxiety issues about "uncertainty", I've been building clearly defined trails through the woods so we can walk the dogmonsters without issues. It's kinda fun because I'm also planting bulbs and shrubbery (I am a member of the Sacred Order of Shrubbers - SOS. You have, perhaps, heard of us?)

I've also constructed a garden of local forest wildflowers by wan.dering around all spring and summer and locating plants as they flower, then transplanting them to my shade/forest garden. Just for hoots & toots I've also developed a few mushroom cultures to fiddle with myco-culture is gardening.

And, what with the end of the above ground spring/summer season, and harvest's end, I've had to move all my jungle and aquatic botanicals to my underground vats and caverns.

That's a big job.

The triffids, especially, tend toward crankyness in the fall.

So...

What's up w'choo?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: So... I have been busy

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    What's up w'choo?
    Pizza acquisition. Always pizza acquisition, it's the reason that I keep Earth around...

In less pizza related news, I'm planning to order a new laptop inside the next two weeks and I'm giving myself a long overdue vacation sometime in November or December (time is yet to be determined).

Also
    I've had to move all my jungle and aquatic botanicals to my underground vats and caverns.
    sounds like you have a secret villain lair...
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Sounds like you're keeping your self occupied.

I've been busy with school lately. This week has been our autumn break, I was gonna do fun stuff. But instead I decided to get a painful ear infection, so I've mostly just been home watching stuff. But that's nice too, barred the constant ear pain.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm busy too. I got a job offer to work at a health facility earlier this month and I start on the 7th of next month. So I have had to prepare for that. Plus one of my school sessions just ended yesterday and another one starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to start soon. Other than that I'm doing ok.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

diabetic kidney issue now
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've had home repairs/upgrades going on, and have been stocking up for winter, etc. Today I got out to do some leaf-peeping. It's supposed to rain tonight which will bring a lot of them down.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
            X