Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I a bad person?

Hi Everyone,

This month will be two years without my beloved Walter James (Wally), he was my only boy Yorkshire Terrier. He died shortly after his sister passed away at 13 years old. I ask this question because I constantly think of him more than my girl dogs. Let me tell you the back story. We weren't originally going to get him. We were only going to get his sister Sabrina Elise. The lady we went and got them from in Kentucky was the same we had got our rescue dog who was also a Yorkshire Terrier. Anyway, the lady suggested that we get a second pup to take with us so Sabrina wouldn't be alone. Mom and I thought that would be a good idea. I decided to choose, but Wally came sauntering up to me and chose me. The lady (her name was Bobbie and unfortunately passed away) told us that a boy dog's love is different. I can't remember how my mom told me how she said it. But I feel like I can't get over Wally's death. I wasn't there for him when he was euthanized, however, I was there for my girls. We had Lily (one of our newer girl dogs) and she was a puppy at the time. I had to stay with her. I just feel so guilty because I am stuck on his death and have got over the girls death. Not to say I don't miss them and don't mourn their deaths every year. I just can't seem to get over Wally's death for some reason. Am I a bad person?wally10.JPGsabrinawally9.JPGsw2.JPG
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Am I a bad person?

Bad people don't love dogs, Anubisa.

Bad people don't feel bad when they lose a friend.

Don't you ever let me hear you say bad stuff about yourself again.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks. I just have been feeling bad about myself for feeling like I am mourning Wally a lot.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        Thanks. I just have been feeling bad about myself for feeling like I am mourning Wally a lot.
        We develop different connections with different souls we meet. There are those I miss more than others - and frankly, my bond with Buddy was so much greater than any I've ever had with any other being that it's in its own universe - that doesn't lessen our love for those with whom we don't connect quite as deeply, or for as long, or whatever.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          We develop different connections with different souls we meet. There are those I miss more than others - and frankly, my bond with Buddy was so much greater than any I've ever had with any other being that it's in its own universe - that doesn't lessen our love for those with whom we don't connect quite as deeply, or for as long, or whatever.
          I did have deep connections with my girls. I felt pain for each of them, especially when I had to take them to be euthanized. I just feel like maybe it's because I didn't get to give him a proper goodbye. Maybe it was because I wasn't there for him. I just still feel so much pain in my heart. The lady we got him from told us that boys somehow affect you deeper than girls. Although, would disagree, he was my first boy dog and so it has affected me greatly. I know I will see him again one day, but it's just hard to get over it still.
          Anubisa

Comment

Working...
          X