Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation - how does this work?

Oct 2004
    Religion
    olde pharte

Re: Reputation - how does this work?

And now the rep that was visible on the left on the member info list has disappeared ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Apr 2005
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

Quote Originally Posted by magusjinx View Post
    And now the rep that was visible on the left on the member info list has disappeared ...
    You mean the information to the left of your posts? It's still there, it's just moved. It's the little dot below your user rank and above your user picture. If you mouse over it, you'll see one of the lines from Chain's list.

Oct 2004
    Religion
    olde pharte

Power ... More power ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenia View Post
    You mean the information to the left of your posts? It's still there, it's just moved. It's the little dot below your user rank and above your user picture. If you mouse over it, you'll see one of the lines from Chain's list.
    That icon was always there since we enabled the Rep system. The little bar/dot. But the part in the Postbit where it displayed Rep Power, that's gone.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Apr 2005
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

Heh, I think I might have confused it for the online symbol since it was also at the bottom.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

So only we know our actual count now?
    Satan is my spirit animal

One with the Force ChainLightning's Avatar
    Nov 2005
    Religion
    Polytheist with Pan-/Panen- tendencies.
    Phrase
    In the darkest recesses of your twisted mind, a G-rated version of me resides.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    So only we know our actual count now?

Quick answer: Yes.

But others can and do get a rough idea of how much you rep got, by seeing what the tag/description is on the little green bar(s). "...is on a distinguished road."

What Magus was looking for is the Rep Power... and all that does is show how much rep you can give or take away from someone when you click on their rep. It gives zero indication of how much rep anyone has. Just how much they can give.

What it boils down to is no more snooping in others' karma descriptions, no more karma wars/fests and a lot less 'competition' like the old karma LOL game. This style of Reputation will reflect each individual's own merit, much more accurately. Time on the forum, post counts and approval by others will ALL have a part in how it all plays out.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I notice when I view my rep I see the reasons etc. I also see either a green icon or a gray one. What's the difference?
    Satan is my spirit animal

One with the Force ChainLightning's Avatar
    Nov 2005
    Religion
    Polytheist with Pan-/Panen- tendencies.
    Phrase
    In the darkest recesses of your twisted mind, a G-rated version of me resides.

I was noticing that too, Medusa. I'm assuming the green ones indicate rep that counted and the gray ones indicate the rep came from someone that doesn't yet have Rep Power.

I've also noticed that aside from green and gray, there's also red icons. AND, I've heard tell that those little bars accumulate, as rep increases. This is where I need to work on my patience.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Mar 2006
    Religion
    In transition -- Seriously looking into Shamanism

Green is good
    Grey is neutral
    red is negative

I belive the colors are associated with the rep given. IE if somone had a negative opinion -- red

neutral about the post? -- grey

thought it was awesome? -- green
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools