Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: For you Thal!--The Steampunk Thread

I liked the deer ones, but the ferret and the rat freaked me out
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Too much steampunky tarot goodness! Apparently there will be two different tarot decks coming out with this theme. The first one is published by Llewellyn and according to the wordpress, should be out in May.

The second one I've only seen on FB, so if you search for Steampunk Tarot you'll find their page. I really don't believe they are the same deck.

Awesome!

They do remind me a bit of Ciro Marchetti's decks (google him and check out his art if you haven't already seen it) which already have that kind of feel.

Comment

Because I have never "Gotten" the Steam Punk thing(My Daughter is really into it) I just wondered if someone could explain the back story about it. I kind of get that it falls into an Other where place,alternate time and space. Where did it begin in terms of dedicated Steam Punk fans.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

ok , do well what you can .

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Because I have never "Gotten" the Steam Punk thing(My Daughter is really into it) I just wondered if someone could explain the back story about it. I kind of get that it falls into an Other where place,alternate time and space. Where did it begin in terms of dedicated Steam Punk fans.
              Steam punk as I understand it is the collaboration of technology with a Victorian feel to iNcorporate a goth/earthy feel.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Ack! Sorry I never saw this Anunitu. Here: http://www.steampunk.com/what-is-steampunk/
                Last edited by Dez; 27 Aug 2012, 08:12.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I recently did A shoot for a Steam/Diesel punk jewelry company.. Thought I'd share a couple.

75499_603832429632438_92071614_n.jpg69233_603832439632437_760763802_n.jpg574905_607490989266582_425321038_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Oden_son View Post
                    I recently did A shoot for a Steam/Diesel punk jewelry company.. Thought I'd share a couple.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1488[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1489[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1490[/ATTACH]
                    Very cool!!
                    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oden_son View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1488[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1489[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1490[/ATTACH]
                      Those are some great images! I like the eyepatch in particular.

Comment

I just recently got back from a Steam Powered Giraffe concert... <3

Goodness I love that band!

Anyone else SPG fans here?

(side note: and yes this is Steam Punk related, for they are a band consisting of robots that are Steampunk! )

Comment

Saw this and thought of Thalassa
                          “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

steampunk-full-back-tattoo600_649-600x649.jpg I just had too ...
                            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                            X