Thread: For you Thal!--The Steampunk Thread

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Panentheist Druid
    Phrase
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Re: For you Thal!--The Steampunk Thread

[quote author=CabbageTheif link=topic=225.msg4541#msg4541 date=1287448138]
    as a matter of fact, no. i am in america, not canada. the convention was Otakon, known as an anime convention and the largest of its kind on the east coast. but... steampunk is slowly taking it over > [/quote]
    My mistake. And cool....here I was thinking I was the only Steampunk nerd around here. :P
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Panentheist Druid
    Phrase
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

oops dup
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59042482...-hat-or-sewing I made this Cog and Clock hatbox about a week ago!

A lot of the stuff in my shop is steampunk inspired. I love the genre! I don't dress that way, but I aspire to have at least one entire room steam-ified. Maybe a study...hmmmm.....
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
    --Douglas Adams (RIP)

http://corvuscorvidae.tumblr.com/ My Bloggerriffic Blogtastic Blo

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

This thread is made of awesome.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Jun 2007
    Religion
    Norse Something-or-Other
    Phrase
    Nice is not the same as good.

[quote author=cesara link=topic=225.msg4547#msg4547 date=1287448476]
    My mistake. And cool....here I was thinking I was the only Steampunk nerd around here. :P
    [/quote]

Hah....no, apparently not. I tried starting a thread on Steampunk a year or two ago, but it never really took off.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

I haz this corset (in different colors)

...and I think I could rock it out lady botanist style with this eminently practical skirt, and add a (small) detachable bustle.

...check out the steampunk botanist

...and here's another one
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2004
    Religion
    Shamanism
    Phrase
    Dirty Mistress

Thanks to all for the education. As one of the older generation, I had no idea what steampunk was until I found this thread. I've seen and heard the term, but was basically clueless.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase

~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

Jun 2007
    Religion
    Norse Something-or-Other
    Phrase
    Nice is not the same as good.

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=225.msg4830#msg4830 date=1287502230]
    Check out the eye patch...
    [/quote]

Wow...that is honestly kinda sexy.