How I make Chicken Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I make Chicken Soup

For Chicken soup of any kind you start off by roasting the chicken rubbed down with olive oil, salt, pepper, and sage. Remove the skin and meat, put bones in cheesecloth, wrap tight, put in pot. Add in about 3 whole carrots (I trim the blossom end off), 4 stalks of celery (cleaned good), 2 onions root end cut off and peeled don't bother chopping it, 4 cloves of garlic. Cover with water 3 inches above all this (should be about 3 quarts of water) and bring to a boil, add in 1 Tbl salt, and 5-6 whole peppercorns. Reduce to a simmer and let simmer for at least 3 hours 4-5 is better. Go watch a movie or something.

Turn off the heat. Get out a colander, and more cheesecloth, and another pot (yes you need 2 pots to do this or a very large bowl) put colander in pot, line with cheesecloth. Pluck out the chicken bones, toss in trash, strain the stock (do not give this to your dog or cat onions and garlic are poison to them), toss out the veggies. Now in the original pot, put in about 1 teaspoon of olive oil, let it heat and chop about 2 cups of carrots, 2 cups of celery, 4 cups of onion, add this all to the pot at once, now mince up 2 cloves of garlic, throw that in (salt and pepper as you go). Sweat the veggies till the onions are translucent. Add in 2 Tablespoons of fresh chopped dill, and a few shaves off a nutmeg. Add in the chicken, and the stock, let come to a boil.

Ingredient list

1 Whole Chicken
    3 Whole Carrots + 2 cups chopped
    4 Stalks of Celery + 2 cups chopped
    1 Whole Onion + 4 cups chopped
    4 Cloves of garlic + 2 cloves minced
    5-6 whole pepper corns
    3 quarts of water
    2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 1 Tablespoon dried dill)
    Few shavings of nutmeg
    Salt and fresh ground pepper
Working...
X