This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

My aunt got PIYO, this pilates + yoga workout, and I like it. It's a nice low-impact, medium intensity workout. I'm certainly sore, and that's what I like.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Semi-related, but I just started using the My Fitness Pal app, and found out that it can scan barcodes! This is going to make counting calories so much easier!
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        Semi-related, but I just started using the My Fitness Pal app, and found out that it can scan barcodes! This is going to make counting calories so much easier!
        Oh neat, it does that? I use Livestrong Myplate for calories. I'm not consistent though. I'm tracking right now for a few months just to get my eating in check. ie: it's hard to mow down on an ENTIRE bag of chips if you know you gotta stare at a representative number later.

In other news, I have a couple of workout links to share!

a program to train to 100 pushups (with links in the side bar for related squat, dips, pullup programs)

And I recently started weight training, building my routine using this site.

Right now I am running 4x a week, lifting weights 4x a week, and doing MMA twice a week. Basically, I'm sore always.

Mostly art.

Comment

Took 2 days off, back to work tonight. I'm pretty sure I can get the girls to do an hour of cardio, or at least 30 of it. I need my cardio.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Look, I made a bicep.
            Attached Files

Mostly art.

Comment

Bam! Welcome to the GUN show!
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                Look, I made a bicep.
                So jealous right now! My muscles are so pathetic it's a wonder I can bend my arms.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

*bump.

Guess who re-joined the gym?!
                  Me!
                  I'm back to swimming 3x per week.
                  And I pedal 4 times per week to work.

I did 45 minutes of lap swimming today.
                  I feel very excited to get back into it!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So I worked last night till 10pm. Had to work this morning 6am to 1pm.
                    Pedaled my bike home. Ate lunch. Wanted to die and crawl into bed. But I was just so stressed and tired from all the over work at the moment.
                    I bit the bullet and pedaled 25 minutes to the gym. Swam for 45 minutes. Hit the hot tub. (er made a pit stop next door at K-Mart for eyebrow pencil and came out with a $20 receipt. Lol). Pedaled home 25 minutes.
                    Weird that I feel less tired? I feel like I worked out all my stress pedaling listening to my audiobook. And relaxed while I did my slow doggy paddle.

Who knew?!
                    But yeah. I'm ready for Zombie sleep now.

Comment

I could not go swimming or even be alive yesterday. But I finally went today around 4pm. 40 minutes of swimming and about 30 minutes of total walking. I feel nice and tired physically. But in a good way. Hopefully this will help me sleep!

Comment

Swimming went longer then expected. We found out the clock died. Everyone started scrambling to all the places they had to be! Then my bus was late. And I'm tired. Which is excellent. I need to be tired so I can go to bed at midnight. It's going to be hard waking up at 6am when I'm usually going to sleep at 4am. I'm gonna go total darkness and quiet tonight.

Comment

Who runs 2.5 miles at 2 o'clock in the morning???? This girl does? Its amazing how empty my brain is and how wonderful I feel. Why do I forget how much I enjoy it???
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Duce I have decided I need a work out buddy, granted we are a ways away from each other but I tend to loose motivation and I request we become work out buddies.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I do a lot of yoga in the mornings because my mood when I wake up is...bad, for lack of a better term. I found this hilarious yoga instructor on youtube, Adriene (sp?) and she makes it so much fun. I just started her 30 Days of Yoga series (I'm on day 4) and so far it's helping a lot. I've noticed I'm getting a lot more flexible and the routines are tough but she makes them fun so I don't necessarily feel like I'm working out.
                              Also, I got a FitBit. The cheapest one, which was still like $60, is called FitBit Zip and it's actually making me a lot more aware of how much I'm moving throughout the day. I highly recommend.
                              (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                                Duce I have decided I need a work out buddy, granted we are a ways away from each other but I tend to loose motivation and I request we become work out buddies.
                                yes yes. Anything to help me stay motivated. Right now I can only do the gym on my two days off. But I do it no matter what!

Er then again I ride my bike to work every day. So there's that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X